Doris Burke is starting to bother me a lot, | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Doris Burke is starting to bother me a lot,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
... There is no(t yet any) provision for female players to "come out" of college early to play in the WNBA. Exceptionally talented (and ambitious) players may follow the example of Epiphanny Prince of Rutgers who IIRC "came out" of college early to play professionally in Europe ...

Prince's case was something of a rarity: her family's desperate financial straights. Although I am no fan of Epiphanny Prince, I think it would have been uncharitable of anyone to oppose her reaching out to grab the gold ring a year early.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Thought experiment: Suppose last night (and for this season) Geno and his assistants had coached the Duke roster and Coach P had coached the UConn roster. My bet is that the Duke roster would have beat the UConn roster last night.
Uconn would win, are you serious? Just because we beat duke doesn't mean their coach can't coach. We clearly have better players(I think at every position) . Dukes coach had that team at n.2 going in. We'd win by less but we'd still win

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Prince's case was something of a rarity: her family's desperate financial straights. Although I am no fan of Epiphanny Prince, I think it would have been uncharitable of anyone to oppose her reaching out to grab the gold ring a year early.

ahem. Financial straits.

Let the record show that I was not uncharitable toward Prince in any way. I neither opposed nor criticized her for seizing the opportunity that was presented to her.

I hope that neither Stewie nor any of her teammates (present or future) are compelled to emulate Epiphanny's decision.

My point was that the WNBA is not (at least for now) an option for underclass(wo)men.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Kib, I think he meant the family finances were flatlined. One flat straight line.;)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Kib, I think he meant the family finances were flatlined. One flat straight line.;)

No.

I think this very bright guy had the kind of momentary lapse we all experience occasionally (how many times have I said, "Oops!," or "I concede the point"?) and I politely played "Gotcha!" with an old friend. Thus the "Ahem" intro.

Financial straits suggest personal or family difficulties, which is not in any way an indication of lack of values or a shortcoming in character. And I thought it important for readers here to have no doubt about what I was talking about (or not talking about).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom