Dooooommmmmeeed! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dooooommmmmeeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How about this. Put your money on Northwestern like me. That will cure your obsession with FAU.

Reaction Score
Taylor Swift = yuch Lifeboy cringy!
We could have had an undies theme! Or posting cringing faces theme! Or screaming wide mouth theme with fist pumping. Or bulls eyes where people missed the target.

What do we get. A star that appeals to fan girls with no relationship to UConn. That doesn’t even belong on the women’s board. It should be sent to losers like Syracuse or BC!
Agree with this.

Taylor Swift alone has nothing to do with UConn. In fact, she has more to do with Providence than UConn (and who of us wants that?). "Cringy," precisely. And frankly disappointing to this child of rock 'n' roll.

However, Taylor Swift + UConn-centric, proven icons such as dragon underwear and pee bottles -- now, that may be effective. And it's a good example of "mojo evolving on the fly." You Photoshop artists out there, here's a chance to create!

Attachments

• Mojo_01.jpg
    Mojo_01.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 21

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Hurley's and the Team's reaction to the bracket:

топ GIF - топ GIFs
Watch Alex Karaban on the Connecticut Scoreboard podcast, and you'll feel this: While that wonderful gif is on point as to many on the Boneyard, it does NOT represent Hurley and the Team's reaction to the bracket.

I've offered that impression entirely for your comfort and confidence, and not to correct or contradict you, however much it might look that way at first glance.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
fleudslipcon did “This is the way” and “I have spoken” mojo theme last year. That dude is gone.

Came back as ctchamps.
Thank you for that necessary correction, and thank you for clarifying something that had puzzled me.

Reaction Score
We ran through the Big East conference and Big East tourney that included top 5, 10, 15 matchups. We have been #1 in the country for the better part of 3+ months now.

And your nutbag is puckered up by FAU? I cannot stand what a bunch of vajinas we still have slinking around here.
oh no...

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
New Mojo?

Good grief. Messing with established mojo norms is like jumping off the roof because you believe there’s a ”new gravity.”
It's not new mojo, it's new reality.

The mojo has always found us, and now the game comes to the players.

The rigid, exact structures of the defined 1-5 roles have morphed & matured into constant motion, ball screens, positionless play sometimes small ball, extra passes that result in open shooters that suggest there's an extra player in the court.

There's crushing offense that gets kicked off by stifling defense. It's not cockiness, so much as preparation, focus, execution, and confidence. Hardworking AND heady AND heartful.

It's apparent and appreciated by friendly, respectful Kentuckiana basketball fans who see me in the Downtown Y, out on the streets and in the parks, in stores and about, and have kind encouraging words whether their allegiance favors UK, UofL, IU, or [other]. I can be polite and humble and modest, with no need to mute my enthusiasm.

They agree when I say it's been a thing of beauty to watch. It's not empty when I add that the games still have to be won, injuries remain a risk for all teams, and they're played one at a time. It's a great time to be a Husky fan.

There's always gonna be haters and pot-stirrers but we don't have to take the bait. Do we?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Our mojo tradition would typically be:
1) hanging nominations, followed by
2) a trial in which the victim, uh defendant, wiggles on the hook for a while before being reeled in, followed by
3) a sentence, usually being some type of posting limitation on the defendant, whether that be the addition of a signature, or an automatic response by the rest of the board, but something. Plus, some years we would also have a mojo theme for the board.

Last year @prankster stepped up and did steps one and three but skipped 2. Meanwhile Deepster was retiring and unretiring like every 30 seconds, crapping all over the concept of Mojo and posting a bunch of stuff everybody ignored.

Then a mojo miracle happened...

First we had some idiot post that we needed to fire Hurley at halftime of that Iona game. Of course he was destroyed by the board and it became our first "mojo suicide" as opposed to a "mojo hanging." From that moment forward the team took off and we didn't look back. We also established Bill Murray as our mojo icon which resulted in a funny and powerful theme. In addition August did his nerds thing, that I actually thought it was lame at first but which ended up being hysterical and Hans added his Star Wars based "this is the way." In essence we had anarchy but within that anarchy we had everything we needed mojowise to make a good run.

So what's the plan for this year?
Think of @8893 and Van Morrison: "No Guru, No Method, No Teacher."
It's happening.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
fleudslipcon did “This is the way” and “I have spoken” mojo theme last year. That dude is gone.

Came back as ctchamps.

Did I not realize that you are fleudslipcon? Is this whole thread confusing, or just me?

Reaction Score
Jay Bilas said we are Doooooooomed. Toughest bracket in the history of the Tourney, hands-down.

Reaction Score
per Ken Pom/net looks like we got a good first 2 rounds, bad draw second 2 rounds. This could work out well in the end as often a sneaky 4/5 seed is what gets the #1 seed. There will be no sneaking with Auburn.
As long as this team doesn’t get hurt and and doesn’t get into some funk or get unlucky I think they can beat anyone. An easier first 2 rounds will help with potential mental block. Last year first 2 games were the toughest and then the monkey was gone and they just crushed everyone.
If a good team gets red hot like Creighton last month, there isn’t much you can do about that other than be red hot too, and sometimes that isn’t possible.
The 2006 team almost overcame a ridiculous blazing shooting night by an inferior GW team. I have rewatched that game years later and UConn didn’t lose that game , GW was just ludicrous in the second half. Guards burying impossible 3 after impossible 3. Some 6’6 power forward sticking his but into a 6’11 guy to get space for a fadeaway 8 foot shot and make 4 of those in a row. Nothing you can do about that, and Denham Brown almost made a shot to survive it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Did I not realize that you are fleudslipcon? Is this whole thread confusing, or just me?
A couple of posters forgot who did the Mandalorian bit last year. Just making sure there is no confusion who the idiot was who ran with that bit all tournament long.

I was ctchamps well before we came to this forum but wasn’t able to create that name when we moved here. After last year’s championship I learned how to change names and had no problem getting ctchamps back. Loved fleudslipcon but it didn’t represent who UConn is - Connecticut champions. Very appropriate after winning #5 to take it back.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A couple of posters forgot who did the Mandalorian bit last year. Just making sure there is no confusion who the idiot was who ran with that bit all tournament long.

I was ctchamps well before we came to this forum but wasn’t able to create that name when we moved here. After last year’s championship I learned how to change names and had no problem getting ctchamps back. Loved fleudslipcon but it didn’t represent who UConn is - Connecticut champions. Very appropriate after winning #5 to take it back.
Wait, you are fleudslipcon?

Blown Away Wow GIF by Aminé

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
Miss Peaches just threw down 600k on the boys. Doomed!
20240320_220614.jpg

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Agree with this.

Taylor Swift alone has nothing to do with UConn. In fact, she has more to do with Providence than UConn (and who of us wants that?). "Cringy," precisely. And frankly disappointing to this child of rock 'n' roll.

However, Taylor Swift + UConn-centric, proven icons such as dragon underwear and pee bottles -- now, that may be effective. And it's a good example of "mojo evolving on the fly." You Photoshop artists out there, here's a chance to create!

Now you're getting it. She's big enough. She contains multitudes.

Her house that served as inspiration for "Last Great American Dynasty" looms above the ocean in/on Watch Hill. And a Connecticut teenager's first ocean with real waves that they can travel to without grown-ups is Misquamicut or Watch Hill. It's like MSG being Storrs South.

Let the Big East coaches acknowledge Little Rhody by voting Devin Carter PotY. Let the NABW put Rhode Island native Tyler Kolek on the All American first team. TN doesn't mind, just like Alex is locked in for the team win, without the distraction of feeling neglected when his coach and every other top 6 UConn player except him got recognitions.

He told Kimani to tell Hurley to keep Stewart in the game and him on the bench last Saturday, and he told Jaylin that he was why we beat Marquette.

Alex is double secret agent man mojo, not some guy looking for the me me me.

WE'RE the ones who want to see if his transcript is better than Oso's. He's the one who said Marquette (not St John's) was the toughest BET game, and he's the last guy who would say that to bug Pitino. Pitino can bug himself.

So yeah, we got our Rhode Island connection with a 17-year catalog of recordings across more than half of Taylor Swift's life. It's not what you like? Sun Ra's got a much larger discography than Swift, and I posted one song.

We can all enjoy the ride, and you can help build it. Fear not, join in...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak