Dooooommmmmeeed! | The Boneyard

Dooooommmmmeeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This board has a not small amount of people showing disdain for the mojo.

Think twice about dishonoring it.

UConn is about to go through a murderer's row of teams. All the capable teams are in our bracket, while North Carolina and Purdue are in brackets full of pretenders.

There are actually things to be concerned about .

For instance, the fact that FAU returned 8 players from a F4 team and, while they floundered and looked disinterested against some weak competition, they played several P5 teams tough: beat 12th ranked Tex A&M, beat Butler, 84-50 over Virginia Tech, beat #4 Arizona, were losing by 2 to Illinois with under 2 minutes left.

I know FAU stinks and that we should beat Auburn too! Yes, I agree.

But do not disrespect the mojo. It is time-tested and true. Do not go away from it.

Reaction Score
Hurley's and the Team's reaction to the bracket:

топ GIF - топ GIFs

Reaction Score
There are actually things to be concerned about .

For instance, the fact that FAU returned 8 players from a F4 team and, while they floundered and looked disinterested against some weak competition, they played several P5 teams tough: beat 12th ranked Tex A&M, beat Butler, 84-50 over Virginia Tech, beat #4 Arizona, were losing by 2 to Illinois with under 2 minutes left.

I know FAU stinks and that we should beat Auburn too! Yes, I agree.

But do not disrespect the mojo. It is time-tested and true. Do not go away from it.

We ran through the Big East conference and Big East tourney that included top 5, 10, 15 matchups. We have been #1 in the country for the better part of 3+ months now.

And your nutbag is puckered up by FAU? I cannot stand what a bunch of vajinas we still have slinking around here.

Reaction Score
We ran through the Big East conference and Big East tourney that included top 5, 10, 15 matchups. We have been #1 in the country for the better part of 3+ months now.

And your nutbag is puckered up by FAU? I cannot stand what a bunch of vajinas we still have slinking around here.
The jurrrdge messing with the mojo.

Will wonders never cease.

Hanging offense.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Our mojo tradition would typically be:
1) hanging nominations, followed by
2) a trial in which the victim, uh defendant, wiggles on the hook for a while before being reeled in, followed by
3) a sentence, usually being some type of posting limitation on the defendant, whether that be the addition of a signature, or an automatic response by the rest of the board, but something. Plus, some years we would also have a mojo theme for the board.

Last year @prankster stepped up and did steps one and three but skipped 2. Meanwhile Deepster was retiring and unretiring like every 30 seconds, crapping all over the concept of Mojo and posting a bunch of stuff everybody ignored.

Then a mojo miracle happened...

First we had some idiot post that we needed to fire Hurley at halftime of that Iona game. Of course he was destroyed by the board and it became our first "mojo suicide" as opposed to a "mojo hanging." From that moment forward the team took off and we didn't look back. We also established Bill Murray as our mojo icon which resulted in a funny and powerful theme. In addition August did his nerds thing, that I actually thought it was lame at first but which ended up being hysterical and Hans added his Star Wars based "this is the way." In essence we had anarchy but within that anarchy we had everything we needed mojowise to make a good run.

So what's the plan for this year?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Our mojo tradition would typically be:
2) a trial in which the victim, uh defendant, wiggles on the hook for a while before being reeled in, followed by
3) a sentence, usually being some type of posting limitation on the defendant, whether that be the addition of a signature, or an automatic response by the rest of the board, but something. Plus, some years we would also have a mojo theme for the board.

Last year @prankster stepped up and did steps one and three but skipped 2. Meanwhile Deepster was retiring and unretiring like every 30 seconds, crapping all over the concept of Mojo and posting a bunch of stuff everybody ignored.

First we had some idiot post that we needed to fire Hurley at halftime of that Iona game. Of course he was destroyed by the board and it became our first "mojo suicide" as opposed to a "mojo hanging." From that moment forward the team took off and we didn't look back. We also established Bill Murray as our mojo icon which resulted in a funny and powerful theme. In addition August did his nerds thing, that I actually thought it was lame at first but which ended up being hysterical and Hans added his Star Wars based "this is the way." In essence we had anarchy but within that anarchy we had everything we needed mojowise to make a good run.

Adding to this, in whatever order, we had the mojo suicide, ADubs Nerds, Deepster's Lite Beer, Bill Murray (and the many Murray related themes), Hans' "this us the way" and a number of unrelated yet effective individual efforts that ended up providing such an avalanche of Mojo that at one point I was worried we were going to break the damned tournament.

Someone recently labelled it "mojo chaos" which is a great description. I believe someone else referred to it as "free mojo" in response to my calling it "free range mojo" (which I used as it fit in a Haiku).

We can call it what we want. We can attempt to summon it as we feel would be most effective. I have a strong suspicion that being liberated from strict adherence to misguided guidelines is what led to the return of our mojo but if someone believes that adherence to said guidelines is appropriate, by all means that person should be allowed to do so.

Reaction Score
Adding to this, in whatever order, we had the mojo suicide, ADubs Nerds, Deepster's Lite Beer, Bill Murray (and the many Murray related themes), Hans' "this us the way" and a number of unrelated yet effective individual efforts that ended up providing such an avalanche of Mojo that at one point I was worried we were going to break the damned tournament.

Someone recently labelled it "mojo chaos" which is a great description. I believe someone else referred to it as "free mojo" in response to my calling it "free range mojo" (which I used as it fit in a Haiku).

We can call it what we want. We can attempt to summon it as we feel would be most effective. I have a strong suspicion that being liberated from strict adherence to misguided guidelines is what led to the return of our mojo but if someone believes that adherence to said guidelines is appropriate, by all means that person should be allowed to do so.
Good god almighty. Your posts are like reading the notebooks of a serial killer.

Reaction Score
There’s a new Mojo. We are blue bloods now. Now chicken littles.
New Mojo?

Good grief. Messing with established mojo norms is like jumping off the roof because you believe there’s a ”new gravity.”

Reaction Score
We can actually make do with the initial clunky attempt to do a Taylor Swift theme by pointing out that her ONLY song set in New England is about the Last American Dynasty, in a house that resides somewhere within the vicinity of Storrs (40 miles) as the crow flies. This is it folks, 100 years of college basketball before it's all doomed to go pro, and UConn is proving its dominance as the last dynasty, just as Swift foretold (with her admittedly poor GPS tracking skills).

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
It'll be a cruel summer for the rest of college basketball living in the tail race another UConn championship season...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Taylor Swift = yuch Lifeboy cringy!
We could have had an undies theme! Or posting cringing faces theme! Or screaming wide mouth theme with fist pumping. Or bulls eyes where people missed the target.

What do we get. A star that appeals to fan girls with no relationship to UConn. That doesn’t even belong on the women’s board. It should be sent to losers like Syracuse or BC!

Reaction Score
We can actually make do with the initial clunky attempt to do a Taylor Swift theme by pointing out that her ONLY song set in New England is about the Last American Dynasty, in a house that resides somewhere within the vicinity of Storrs (40 miles) as the crow flies. This is it folks, 100 years of college basketball before it's all doomed to go pro, and UConn is proving its dominance as the last dynasty, just as Swift foretold (with her admittedly poor GPS tracking skills).

See? I told you.

Reaction Score
Taylor Swift = yuch Lifeboy cringy!
We could have had an undies theme! Or posting cringing faces theme! Or screaming wide mouth theme with fist pumping. Or bulls eyes where people missed the target.

What do we get. A star that appeals to fan girls with no relationship to UConn. That doesn’t even belong on the women’s board. It should be sent to losers like Syracuse or BC!

No pain. No gain.

To get a repeat title, you need to go David Goggins and dig down deep.

Reaction Score
New Mojo?

Good grief. Messing with established mojo norms is like jumping off the roof because you believe there’s a ”new gravity.”

Do you still drink rolling rocks?

Reaction Score
Do you still drink rolling rocks?

Different thing. Individual mojo practices can change over the years, as we proved, but cockiness seems to be a message to the mojo that “we’re so good, we don’t need you” Almost seems to be begging it to find a diferent team.

Reaction Score
Different thing. Individual mojo practices can change over the years, as we proved, but cockiness seems to be a message to the mojo that “we’re so good, we don’t need you” Almost seems to be begging it to find a diferent team.

That was not an individual thing. That was THE Boneyard thing. And eventually people morphed and found their own “lucky beer”.

We’re no longer an underdog. We’re the best team in the country. And acting like a wallflower serves no purpose.

Reaction Score
Didn‘t the whole boneyard adopt miller light last year? (so it became THE Boneyard thing) Although to your point, I drank Narragansett and it worked like a charm.(presciently I might add, because it has a Rhode Island connection, and Taylor Swift has the Rhode Island connection)

Anyway, there’s probably enough of us that know we’re doomed to counteract your foolish cockiness.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
3 stoogesOur mojo tradition would typically be:

You’re definitely Curley

Three Stooges Comedian GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members