Dook lost Sean Steward...Mass exodus near complete... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dook lost Sean Steward...Mass exodus near complete...

Reaction Score
I don't care if this is Duke. I despise this. I am not THAT magnanimous. Watching a good product is selfishly more important to me than some kid I don't know and his scatterbrained quest for more and more. Why would I care about his happiness that much??. If you say that you love that these kids just jump ship cuz it's good for only them, then you'd have to say to your girlfriend who leaves you for your best friend "good for her. This'll make her happy"

we're all charitable buddhist monks on here until it happens to us.
Dear Lord. It's Duke for chrissakes! I'm supposed to feel sorry that their 5 stars are unhappy with PT because they keep getting too many 5 stars every year. Let them do it right the way Hurley does it.

Reaction Score
Maluach seemed extremely raw and overwhelmed in Hoop Summit. I’d bet on him being as impactful as Skal and Bradshaw. I don’t really know what this team is doing.

Reaction Score
Dear Lord. It's Duke for chrissakes! I'm supposed to feel sorry that their 5 stars are unhappy with PT because they keep getting too many 5 stars every year. Let them do it right the way Hurley does it.
No, let them keep doing it their way.

Reaction Score
I agree. But points off for spelling Newton's first name wrong in the 2nd post. :)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
In all candor, it was appropriate to refer to the school as duKe when the program was run by Krzyzewski. Now that they're run by Scheyer, it would be more approriate to refer to them as duSche.

Reaction Score
It’s the combination of these kids knowing they’ve got a coach who is out of his depth, realizing that they have been (or will be) recruited over, and recognizing that a 17-year old is about to come in there and have his run of the place. Pretty good trifecta right there.

Reaction Score
In all candor, it was appropriate to refer to the school as duKe when the program was run by Krzyzewski. Now that they're run by Scheyer, it would be more approriate to refer to them as duSche.
LOL. Well played.

Reaction Score
That team has every advantage in the world including more money than God, one of the most beautiful campuses in the country, and a network (if not an entire media apparatus) full-time cheerleading for them. They’ll be fine but, in the interim, it’s schadenfreude time.
Their campus sucks. Not sure why people think its beautiful. The architecture is fake.

Reaction Score
I don't care if this is Duke. I despise this. I am not THAT magnanimous. Watching a good product is selfishly more important to me than some kid I don't know and his scatterbrained quest for more and more. Why would I care about his happiness that much??. If you say that you love that these kids just jump ship cuz it's good for only them, then you'd have to say to your girlfriend who leaves you for your best friend "good for her. This'll make her happy"

Wouldn't be surprised that it's just as much the school pushing them out as it is 20 year olds' feelings getting hurt or them being selfish. I'm not losing any sleep over it, but I'm not going to begrudge a college kid that only gets 4 years of elibility for wanting to play if a coach tells them, hey I recruited over you and promised that kid that's never played college basketball 30 minutes a game, maybe you should look elsewhere.

Reaction Score
We are allowed to feel good when Duke is experiencing turmoil. Maybe send a message to all those 5* who think it's a dream to play for Duke. Not for these 5*'s, they couldn't get out fast enough. Screw Duke.

Reaction Score
I mean they have 25 freshman incoming who are expecting playing time. This was inevitable
Exactly. Scheyer recruited over his entire roster. It seems so wrong to do that and it's going to hurt Scheyer/Duke in the long run. He also hasn't shown that he can devlop his players.

Reaction Score
The Duke board is a graveyard. No disagreement no debate. Very few threads over 100 posts. Only two “normal threads” have even been posted in since Wednesday.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Exactly. Scheyer recruited over his entire roster. It seems so wrong to do that and it's going to hurt Scheyer/Duke in the long run. He also hasn't shown that he can devlop his players.
The funniest part is that Scheyer has made it a point to talk about the need for continuity.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I mean they have 25 freshman incoming who are expecting playing time. This was inevitable
Yup. It was either transfers or decommits. The math never worked.

Reaction Score

Nice ramble. Show me your objection when coaches change for more money and I will take it seriously.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Hard to develop one and dones

Reaction Score
That was funny!

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Hard to develop one and dones

Reaction Score
Only a matter of time before they’re a laughing stock of a program. They sold their culture and winning formula to be a poor man’s version of Kentucky.
Not a bet I’d take. They’ll be fine. I’d guess they’ll be a top 25 fixture for the next # of years. Boneyarder fantasy that Duke becomes a laughingstock.

Reaction Score
dumb and dumber n GIF

Reaction Score
That team has every advantage in the world including more money than God, one of the most beautiful campuses in the country, and a network (if not an entire media apparatus) full-time cheerleading for them. They’ll be fine but, in the interim, it’s schadenfreude time.
Before we get too happy we need to see who they bring in to play guard. They have two fantastic centers coming in the best forward in the country to go along with another 5 star forward and a four star.

Reaction Score
Honestly doesn't mean much until we see how tge season goes. We've seen the Fab 5 win. They have the top recruits coming in. We'll now see how this coach coaches with all of his own players. But honestly, idc, I'm still high off of back-to-back back. And looking to see who's coming in and what we do next year.

Reaction Score
We should probably wait to dance over Duke's grave until we know our freshmen are coming back. I am fairly confident about Stewart, but who knows for sure about the other 3.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom