Don't they get it??? | The Boneyard

Don't they get it???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Sox went to a lot of trouble to try to upgrade their clubhouse with guys with "character". So why is Alfredo Aceves still on the team? Not only is he disruptive and disrespectful, but he has pitched poorly too. He was 14-1 over three years with the Yankees and they dumped him.

Reaction Score
The Sox went to a lot of trouble to try to upgrade their clubhouse with guys with "character". So why is Alfredo Aceves still on the team? Not only is he disruptive and disrespectful, but he has pitched poorly too. He was 14-1 over three years with the Yankees and they dumped him.
He'll be gone soon. With guys like Lackey, Breslow, and Morales coming back and potentially Bard, his days are numbered.

Reaction Score
And there you have it.
Aceves has been demoted to AAA and Ryan Lavarnway has been called up.

Good riddance you b*tch.

Reaction Score
You poor guys :(.......Aceves in the clubhouse I feel for you! It was easy you just get rid of him.........Yanks on the other hand trot out a line up of Cervelli batting 5th!!!! How do you rid yourself of that?:confused:

Have to say if I was paying thousands and thousands of dollars I wouldn't be all that happy with that AA line up they're throwing out there despite the injuries......George wouldn't have allowed it and he's rolling around in that grave of his. Watch the Yanks take Aceves back when you unload him to make matter worst.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
According to Nick Cafardo, The Sox will take very little in trade. Batting practice balls, a bag of Scots fertilizer, Money for the Soda Machine maybe, ala Billy Beane. I don't understand promoting a 3rd catcher. He likely goes back down when Lackey is activated on Sunday.

Reaction Score
According to Nick Cafardo, The Sox will take very little in trade. Batting practice balls, a bag of Scots fertilizer, Money for the Soda Machine maybe, ala Billy Beane. I don't understand promoting a 3rd catcher. He likely goes back down when Lackey is activated on Sunday.

Aceves was very valuable last season and he would probably be fine if they kept him as a long reliever and stopped trying to change his role week to week.
The Sox want to see if Lavarnway can adjust to ML pitching: he is hitting over .300 in Pawtucket so it probably makes sense to bring him up for a few weeks.Agree Lavarnway goes back soon.
Inglasias was the player who got screwed. The guy was hitting and playing outstanding defense and they sent him down and replaced him with a weak hitting slightly below average SS.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Aceves was not as valuable last year as he was in 2011. He was a mediocre closer on a team that was not even remotely close to the playoffs by the end of July. He should have been traded then, but his reputation preceded him.

According to Cafardo, Lavarnway is probably not log for Boston. He's probably on the Lou Merloni Honorary Pawtucket-Boston Shuttle. If he doesn't go down this weekend, he is probably in Pawtucket when Hanrahan is activated.

Iglesias is just as light hitting as Drew has been for the last two weeks, but Drew also didn't have a real spring training and is probably just getting his timing back now. He's a more than adequate defensive shortstop and Iglesias has options.

Reaction Score
Aceves had a decent first half last year when Bobby, in desperation, made him the closer. Things began to come apart in August. He has a very good fastball (97) is only 30 and, because he is in his last year under contract, might be able to help someone. But he does have issues.
I think Lavarnway is getting a look because the Sox are concerned about Salty. He isn't hitting and hasn't thrown out a base stealer yet plus he continues to strike out a lot. The pitchers seem to do better with Ross in the game.
Iglesias is where he should be. I still think Stephen Drew's hitting will come around. If Iglesias starts hitting in Pawtucket look for him to get a long look later this year. Drew is not likely to be here beyond this year. Either Iglesias or Bogaerts will be the shortstop of the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom