Donnell Beverly | The Boneyard

Donnell Beverly

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So I live in Los Angeles and am at the grocery store getting ready to leave. My windows are open and I hear some guy say, "Woah - UConn license plate - is this Donnell's car?" He comes around to my window. Obviously I'm not Donnell (I'm a 59 year old white guy), but says "Oh. Thought maybe this was Donnell's car. Me and him and (Russell) Westbrook went to high school together. Had some pretty good teams back then".

I told him I'm an alum. My whole family went to UConn too. Told him I remembered Donnell - said "maybe 15 years ago". I wasn't too far off (and glad I didn't look like an idiot making that guess). Said he played HS hoops with them, but wasn't good enough to get recruited for a good college team. He said Donnell does something in real estate working with (or for) Westbrook. We chatted for a few minutes about UConn both men and women being in the final 4 and how cool that was, and he went on his way.

Had to come home and look up Donnell to see what he was up to. Did not know he was born in Hawthorne, CA, which is just south of where i live. The guy I chatted with must have gone to HS in Lawndale at Leuzinger because that's where Russell (born in Long Beach) and Donnell went to HS.

Anyway, thought it was pretty cool and interesting. UConn is everywhere!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32
Top Bottom