Don Brown and Yale? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Don Brown and Yale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just know if I was a coordinator I would rather work for P than Edsall. P lets his coaches coach, Edsall handcuffs them. Don Brown left Maryland to coach for P. During Edsall's tenure here how many coordinators from BCS schools left their school to coach for Edsall?

Edsall produced just two head coaches from his coordinator pool in his time at UCONN, P may have produced two in one year.

Edsall's coaching tree seems very small to me, not something he should be proud of.

Come on. You are really going to give Coach PP credit for Joe Moorhead, but not give any credit to Edsall? Edsall's the one who brought him in. If we are going to make fun of Edsall, lets pick on his media work and his record at Maryland. That should be plenty. Starting to get carried away if we seriously are talking about his coaching tree.

Reaction Score
Come on. You are really going to give Coach PP credit for Joe Moorhead, but not give any credit to Edsall? Edsall's the one who brought him in. If we are going to make fun of Edsall, lets pick on his media work and his record at Maryland. That should be plenty. Starting to get carried away if we seriously are talking about his coaching tree.

Did Edsall bring Moorhead to Maryland? That's all you need to know about that relationship. And Moorhead probably did take a veiled shot at Edsall during his press conference when he said he did not consider Fordham a rebuilding job.

Coaching trees can be a source of pride for coaches and a recruiting tool to lure top coordinators to your staff. Edsall's tree looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas tree.

Reaction Score
According to a tweet Desmond put up about 7 minutes ago Don Brown met with Yale officials earlier today about head coaching position.

Reaction Score

Edsall tied Moorhead's hands, once a qb threw an INT, everyone knew that Uconn was going to run the ball, it was no secret, look at what Edsall did to Maryland's offense this year. I'm not trying to bash Edsall, but unfortunately that's what it will look like.

Reaction Score
If Edsall was so terrible to work for why was coaching stability one of UConn's selling points? Shady's staff seemed to jump ship pretty regularly.

Reaction Score
If Edsall was so terrible to work for why was coaching stability one of UConn's selling points? Shady's staff seemed to jump ship pretty regularly.

I don't think that Edsall was terrible to work for, people liked him, the media hated him because he was so tight lipped about everything. There's was a scout board reporter that once told me that a lot of people in the media though he was a huge ass to deal with and that coach p was a much more likeable guy. Needless to say, the players seemed to like him as well, but another ct media person once told me that Edsall would not let him to to anyone on his staff, everything came straight from Edsall. He was a control freak, that's all.

Reaction Score
Who'd be a fit for us at DC should Brown bolt to New Haven, CT?

Reaction Score
If I was Pasqualoni I would use my PSU contacts to call Tom Bradley or Larry Johnson Sr ASAP

Reaction Score
If I was Pasqualoni I would use my PSU contacts to call Tom Bradley or Larry Johnson Sr ASAP

I'm not sure we could pay enough to get Bradley, although that would be great if we could. I would take Todd Orlando back in a second, though I don't think he'd come unless Hughes was no longer positioned between him and the head coach.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure we could pay enough to get Bradley, although that would be great if we could. I would take Todd Orlando back in a second, though I don't think he'd come unless Hughes was no longer positioned between him and the head coach.
After seeing our pay scale for Asst's I think we'd have a shot at Bradley. One thing is for sure that whole process at PSU is about as big a clown show as I have ever seen in college athletics, and PSU is the LAST place I ever thought I would see this happen...Sandusky scandal or not!

Reaction Score
Unconfirmed reports ( footballscoop.com ) Don Brown to Yale ( smh )... If indeed true I sure hope we are able to bag an NFL caliber assistant or one from a BCS level program .. or who has had such experience... Geesh! we just got this guy for one year and now it starts all over again...

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
More proof of how small-time the Big East is.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
so any 1 got any ideas for a new dc? a psu guy maybe?

Reaction Score
More proof of how small-time the Big East is.

Nothing like taking two totally unrelated things and trying to connect the dots.

The SEC must be small time because Gus Malzahn left for ARKANSAS STATE.

Don Brown is a New England guy, with Ivy roots, who has a chance to the head guy, within driving distance from his family. This makes a lot of sense for Brown, as much as it sucks for us.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i jut hope this doesn't hurt us with any commits we have or any still looking like morgan

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
The Big East seems to have quite a few small-time fans as well...

Reaction Score
Funny how things work out. Some lies about his resume and now it costs us our defensive coordinator.
Brown gave us a lot of hope when he got here but quite frankly his defense was a reign of terror in a bad way. I was still looking forward to the adjustments of year 2.
Oh well it will be interesting if any player thoughts leak out good or bad regarding Brown. As has been said upthread hopefully this doesn't cost us a recruit or two. Need to look for a good replacement ASAP

Reaction Score
Florida recruiting has to be a concern in the short term. He is the guy that lead in the recruiting of most if not all the Fl commits and targets.

I think it is too early in Pasqualoni's tenure to start the "coach in waiting" talk so that would leave out big names like Bradley or Randy Shannon. UConn needs a DC and. Florida guy. Tough combo to come up with.

Reaction Score
This is now confirmed, sent Dez an email and he confirmed

Reaction Score
1. I didn't like the way Brown coached, but he was hired by P, and doing what P wanted, so I will assume that this is a setback (if it's in fact true). But you simply have to hire someone else and move on. The stability we've had the past decade is quite unusual.

2. P has plenty of contacts, and will do fine filling the slot. Hopefully with someone who schemes to our talent, instead of trying to make the talent fit the scheme

Reaction Score
I was about to make a joke about hiring Dave Wannstedt when I discovered something I wasn't aware of--he's the DC for the Buffalo Bills!

Reaction Score
Steve spags was already with uconn back in the early 90's I don't think their is a chance he would return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom