Dolson Interview | The Boneyard

Dolson Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller doing double duty last night, covering UConn Football and catching up with Stef at halftime.

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/

Here are the highlights:
  • She's feeling healthy after spending a good part of the summer in a boot
  • Saniya "is fast, she can shoot the ball, she is smart and she knows what to do with the ball. I am excited to have a chance to get in the game and get a chance to play with her."
  • There may be some walk-on candidates
  • She'll be a guest host on "Beyond the Beat" on CPTV Sports
Great personality, great kid.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Thanks UConncat.... here's more from Stef on "walk-ons"...

"Dolson said there are walk-on candidates which could be a huge help since it would keep the core players from risking injury by being on the court late in blowout wins.

"We'll have some walk ons," Dolson said. "We need some people to fill in and need people to come and compete against us. I am excited to see the girls who have reached out to us to get that opportunity to play as a walk on." Thank goodness there will be some extra bodies. Who knows, maybe a diamond in the rough..?? At least a full group at practice....:)

Reactions: HGN

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Love the news of possible walk ons. I know it will disappoint those that were predicting 90+ points per game, but it's great news when you don't have to have any of your starters in when the team is up 40 with 5 minutes left.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Really happy to hear that there will be walk on candidates. One or two would be a real plus as Stef points out. Wonder why the promising candidate of last Spring went poff ... anyone know?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Love the news of possible walk ons. I know it will disappoint those that were predicting 90+ points per game, but it's great news when you don't have to have any of your starters in when the team is up 40 with 5 minutes left.

Like that you said "possible walk ons." It's not easy being a walk-on player under Geno which is probably why there haven't been many of them over the years. They are treated the same and the expectations (in terms of effort, commitment, etc) are the same. Let's hope Geno and CD can find another Jacquie Fernandes or Stacey Marron.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Yeah, but DD I know you're talking about the NC game, and I just don't see Geno putting in those walk-ons with 5 minutes left, as it sends the wrong message to the other team. He'll wait till the 2:11 mark.

Reaction Score
You mean the projected 50 point blowouts are now likely to be only
30 -35 point blowouts?

Darn. :rolleyes:

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Glad to hear there maybe walk on's. What a great experience to play on such a great team, with such great coaches. Maybe even get some time in a NC game even if it is just a couple of minutes. The experience will be terrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom