Doesn't make sense? | The Boneyard

Doesn't make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Muffet said they didn't expect to be in the NC, yet all season she repeatedly said Loyd was the best player in the country and then in the tourney she was claiming Lindsay Allen was the best point guard in the country. That isn't enough?

Reaction Score
I think she said that for a few reasons. The part about Loyd, I believe she believed that and she wasn't too far off. The part about Allen was based upon what she did in he Oklahoma City regional. Then reality set in when she made it to the championship, she figured "well, we weren't going to win it anyway and nobody expected us to be here. We're such a young team and blah, blah blah......

She had to spin her season, even as successful as it was. Just my opinion.

Reaction Score
mhshuskies said: "Muffet said they didn't expect to be in the NC..."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's Muffet's rationalization, nothing more than a psychiatric defense mechanism to try to minimize all that UConn-induced anxiety and trauma.

Reaction Score
Muffet said they didn't expect to be in the NC, yet all season she repeatedly said Loyd was the best player in the country and then in the tourney she was claiming Lindsay Allen was the best point guard in the country. That isn't enough?

Just stroking her players. What coach doesn't, I mean besides Geno?;)

Reaction Score
I think Muffet EXPECTED to make the NC. Her hype of Loyd and Allen is just about right for a head coach on HER OWN players--if she din't think them great I would be surprised and ashamed of Muffet. Coaches should Hype their own. Allen was great in the whole Tourney, but no Mo Jefferson. (My hype of MY player)

Reaction Score
Just stroking her players. What coach doesn't, I mean besides Geno?;)
At year's end even Geno talks up his players and why not even the end of the bench played their hearts out all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom