Do you watch Syracuse and think... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Do you watch Syracuse and think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I watch Syracuse and think, "damn, a year ago we just dispatched SD St and were getting ready to play Arizona."

Their playing "crapola teams" stems from them having the #1 seed. What dynasties did UConn dethrone on their way to their Final Four appearances?

Reaction Score
Old, fat, ugly women need loving too. Though I would hope Cuse BB players could do better. Seriously, was Laurie Fine ever attractive? Was this like a rite of passage?

Maybe it was like freshman hazing.

Reaction Score
I see a team that always wins close games, and think 34-2 isn't an accident.

Reaction Score
The next game will be a serious test, OSU is a tough match-up for Syracuse. Syracuse will have to be at their best to win. I also think the East Region is the most difficult of the 4 this year.

Reaction Score
I don't get the hate on Syracuse fans. My conference realignment hate is now focused on the AD's, BCU and those that like to talk about re-alignment incessantly. I don't see how we can hate fans because their school/team shifts conference as if they have any say in the matter.

And the BE is desperately trying to get teams to swap into its conference AND UConn would very likely move to the ACC if offered. So I think we need to forgive at least Syracuse fans. Heck, we know Boeheim didn't want to leave the BE and shouldn't he be the proxy for what their basketball fans want?

Anyway, I rooted for Syracyse wholeheartedly last night (at first mostly rooting against Wisconsin slowing down any further games) and found it very enjoyable. Tossup between Waiters and BBeal for best guard left in the tourney. Would LOVE to see Waiters come back next year and dominate in college.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
man this is really an 8 seed team? Just an average team in a normal year. No stars, no greatness at all.

And on top of it playing crapola teams so far

An eight seed?

You really are a garden-variety idiot.

They're in the final eight - they look like a final eight team to me so far.

Reaction Score
I don't get the hate on Syracuse fans. My conference realignment hate is now focused on the AD's, BCU and those that like to talk about re-alignment incessantly. I don't see how we can hate fans because their school/team shifts conference as if they have any say in the matter.

And the BE is desperately trying to get teams to swap into its conference AND UConn would very likely move to the ACC if offered. So I think we need to forgive at least Syracuse fans. Heck, we know Boeheim didn't want to leave the BE and shouldn't he be the proxy for what their basketball fans want?

Anyway, I rooted for Syracyse wholeheartedly last night (at first mostly rooting against Wisconsin slowing down any further games) and found it very enjoyable. Tossup between Waiters and BBeal for best guard left in the tourney. Would LOVE to see Waiters come back next year and dominate in college.

Your post went from supporting Syracuse (which is ok) to having a man crush on Dion Waiters (which is disgusting).

You had me then you lost me.

I do agree that Waiters is really good.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Would LOVE to see Waiters come back next year and dominate in college.

You got real weird for a minute there.

(He's not coming back.)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I see a damned good team, that plays very tough defense for almost all 40 minutes, can shoot from outside, and has several athletic guys who can get to the basket. Wisconsin is not an easy team. They make few mistakes, can shoot play decent D and rebound. They dont' beat themselves.

Reaction Score
I think SU is a very deep and good team. You have to realize they would look a lot more dominant with Fab Melo. It really helps when you have someone who can take away the middle, not to mention push your depth out in that position.

I don't think there are any great teams. UK has a lot of talent, but not a lot of depth (though enough) and not a lot of experience. After them the field is good, not great.

I find this a strange questions considering our path to the NC last year wasn't exactly murderers row. I felt the field was mediocre last season as well. What does it matter? You play the draw you get and whoever stands atop the heap deserves the title National Champion. We still hold onto that for one more week, though it feels like that crown slipped off our heads a long time ago. Hum...now that was a downer of a statement. Let me say that I'm proud of our program and what they accomplished last season. I didn't expect an NC last year but certainly enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to NC #4 may it be at the hands of JC or our next coach. It's great to be a Husky fan.

Reaction Score
Look, fellas- if you flip the script back to '04, we were in your position.
At that time, yes...I rooted for UConn to win a NC.
Why, because if you have one in your back pocket, it allows you to ENJOY the Tournament, just as a fan.
At some point if you're secure w/ your own , you don't worry about anyone else.
Right, Tampa Bill? ;)

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
man this is really an 8 seed team? Just an average team in a normal year. No stars, no greatness at all.

And on top of it playing crapola teams so far

afc.gif

Reaction Score
Waiters will go before Jeremy Lamb in the draft.
Maybe I was still drunk this AM when I posted, but Waiters 17' rainbow J off a pick made me weak in the knees and reminded me of frosh Ray Allen. That's the thing with college players these days. Eye test tells you Waiters and BBeal will be good pros and that's it, they are gone. Yet they only put up 15-ish ppg in their freshman year and thus college ball is deprived of true star turns. So the guys who end up being college superstars are 4yr mediocre upside guys at middling schools putting up silly numbers against crappy competition like Fredette and Adam Morrison. And NBA stars like Derrick Rose only scratch the surface in college. Only transcendant talents like Kevin Durant can put up a truly dominating year with 1yr in college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom