Do We Storm the Court Monday Night... | The Boneyard

Do We Storm the Court Monday Night...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
after beating Louisville with no tournament eligibility making this game arguably the biggest game of our season?

I say no. We are primed for a National Championship run next year behind the most talented point guard in the country Shabazz Napier so lets make a statement and refrain.

On the other hand can't say I blame our fans if they do considering it will be a h*ll of a statement win against possibly the #1 team in the country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UConn fans I think will really bring it Monday night.

Should be a very fun night in Hartford!! Have fun and be safe! It will be ELECTRIC like the old days!

Now the hard part. Get the W. :)

Reaction Score
No. We are Uconn. We just won a national championship two years ago. When was the last time UL did? I love that we're having this conversation though.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!

We are excepted to compete with the nation's top teams

WE ARE UCONN!!!!!

Reaction Score
LMFAO. Are you serious? We are about national championships, not beating a Louisville team at home. But here is an idea......anyone who wants to storm the court should funnel that energy over to the Rent and fill the seats when our football team plays!

Reaction Score
Any other year I'd always say no. But fukk it, no post season BET or NCAA, if the students let out some frustration by storming the court it wouldn't bother me.

I would see it as a way of demonstratively congratulating the team as opposed to we beat Ville. There is nothing much for them to celebrate anyway this year, so WTF?

Reaction Score
Are you asking if the students should? Or if they will?

Because they will.

Spring semester classes dont' start until 1/21....will the student section even be filled tomorrow night???

Reaction Score
There won't be many students there to storm the court, it will look totally lame.

Reaction Score
Any other year I'd always say no. But fukk it, no post season BET or NCAA, if the students let out some frustration by storming the court it wouldn't bother me.

I would see it as a way of demonstratively congratulating the team as opposed to we beat Ville. There is nothing much for them to celebrate anyway this year, so WTF?

protect the brand that is UConn Basketball. Will UNC storm the court if they beat Duke this year?

Reaction Score
Absolutely not. Don't know if I agree with the NC run next year talk but we've won three of them and therefore should not be rushing the court. That for teams like PC when they beat teams like us

Reaction Score
protect the brand that is UConn Basketball. Will UNC storm the court if they beat Duke this year?

Like I said it wouldn't bother me, this year is different/special. I don't know the students reason but regardless I would give them a one-year pass. Preference is don't storm but it simply won't affect me one way or the other (brand or no brand).

Reaction Score
Certainly if the alumni slowly come down and storm with our bad hips, grey hair, bi-focals, walkers and aches.

As always elderly first.

LOL...STORM the court canes and all! :)

Reaction Score
I love a good court stormin. It's fun. I think we should do it every game. We should have done it after beating Fordham.

But the police should free to pepper spray the students like they did at Memorial Stadium

Reaction Score
http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/sports/coll...boys-gonzaga-basketball-game-on-new-years-eve

Glad we are UConn not Oklahoma State. I expect the place to be shaking and packed to the rafters like the Georgetown vs. UConn vibe of 1990!

I was telling my buddy at one of the games back in December, that I could see this season's LVille or Cuse home games being similar to the 1997 game vs Kansas at the HCC. We had a depleted team with No Ricky or Kirk King and being a big underdog and the crowd just going nuts. Of course, it appears that we are turning out to be a much more formidable team than many expected, so it's not even close to being a "David v. Golliath" type of thing...

Reaction Score
I love a good court stormin. It's fun. I think we should do it every game. We should have done it after beating Fordham.

But the police should free to pepper spray the students like they did at Memorial Stadium

Those German Shepards are nice.

Reaction Score
I was telling my buddy at one of the games back in December, that I could see this season's LVille or Cuse home games being similar to the 1997 game vs Kansas at the HCC. We had a depleted team with No Ricky or Kirk King and being a big underdog and the crowd just going nuts. Of course, it appears that we are turning out to be a much more formidable team than many expected, so it's not even close to being a "David v. Golliath" type of thing...

It will be fun. Great to have a game like this. Exciting stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom