OT: - Do we need a guide to Boneyard Mojo? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Do we need a guide to Boneyard Mojo?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That’s actually a valid point. We really need to get are house in order before the stretch run.

Things are in disarray
Disagree. I suggest you use this test in the future to evaluate the similar concerns.

1) Is this a mojo issue?
2) Did Deepster say it?
3) If the answer is yes to both, ignore it.

CL82

Reaction Score
Yet interestingly enough, I have never once….

Said Fort the Ead
Written a haiku
Posted in a UUUUUUUUU, CCCCCCCC thread

Why?
Because you are a mojo, hating Heretic?

Reaction Score
Wait, you had him then you mutilated him? You are a bigger monster than I thought.

He was buried in the lawn and I ran him over by accident. Then took care of him and found a nature rescue to take him. Your apology is accepted, azzhat.

CL82

Reaction Score
He was buried in the lawn and I ran him over by accident. Then took care of him and found a nature rescue to take him. Your apology is accepted, azzhat.
Wait, you had him, mutilated him, buried him alive in the lawn and then ran over him? And you’re somehow proud of that? Is there no end to the depth of the darkness in your soul?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The funniest fact about this is you sir are the misfit. Where did this moron come from? Please start your own Yard, I am sure there will be many followers to your line of knowledge and communication :rolleyes:
Screenshot_20221217-150457.png

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Yet interestingly enough, I have never once….

Said Fort the Ead
Written a haiku
Posted in a UUUUUUUUU, CCCCCCCC thread

Why?

BECAUSE IF I DONT THINK IT EFFECTS THE MOJO, IT DOESNT!!!
of course, the annotated version further explains, "you can choose your own Mojo madness, but mustn't interfere with that of others you choose to ignore".

As for @Hype Cat, there is a wizardly voice in my head saying "Don't be so quick to dismiss the Hype Cat. It may be that there is a role for them yet to play." I'm wondering if the Cat isn't some mojo totem, putting us to all an ultimate test of faith.

Reaction Score
The age is not the issue. This picture is closer to depicting the 70-80 year olds in this forum. We prefer to be passionate and have no problem engaging with members of our community who are equally passionate regardless of age or gender.

My admiration for you goes beyond the amount of time and energy you have put into (and continue to put into) The Boneyard. You are a passionate person and it has to be suffocating to reduce that passion day in and day out to accommodate a community of individuals who have lost or reduced their passion. To explain it in Trekkian terminology for @Hype Cat this forum is populated by the entire crew of the Enterprise whereas the women's forum is populated primarily by Spocks although lately you're getting a lot of crewmen 451s.
When is it not?

Reaction Score
The funniest fact about this is you sir are the misfit. Where did this moron come from? Please start your own Yard, I am sure there will be many followers to your line of knowledge and communication :rolleyes:
I would hope so macaw. I’m seeing no signs of intelligent life here. If I did start one there would be no sub-species geek thangs like you and your crew allowed. Opposable thumbs would be required so where would that leave you? Sift out the geek chaffe and throw it in the dust bin.

Reaction Score
Of course this forum and threads such as this thread are going to garner critical commentary. Most of us have seen evidence that validates that claim. Go ahead and show me something that gets universal approval.

Is there melodrama in this forum? Absolutely. All you have to do is reread what you wrote as evidence. But if you think these last several days of threads and posts have been melodramatic they don't move the needle compared to what happens here when things go wrong.

We're all triggered by something or somethings. So I'm trying to understand what it is that is happening here which is causing you to be offended. Is it the idioms that some of us bring up? It seems you ascribe this to exclusivity profferred as something that is special for a group to laugh at the expense of those not in the know. If this is the case you could not be more incorrect.

These are nostalgic idioms or events. They have occurred over the history of this forum during good and bad times that many (but not all) of us have come to laugh at. Quite often they happened accidentally someone saw some humor in them and the community took off with it. That is all. I came here earlier than many but later than some. I'm aware of many of those that developed since I joined but those nostalgic phrases or incidences that happened before I joined I had to ask people what the joke was about. It was happily explained and I went running with it.

More will come. That is a certainty. And people who join after that happens will be as in the dark as you are now. So "Forte he Ead" and "Shu shu Orange Flu" enjoy the humanity of this forum.
I wouldn’t define my exchange with Haiku as melodrama. He kept after me and finally got his ass handed to him. Then he got frustrated and started in with the gender crap, which really doesn’t bother me. It may offend others which is unfortunate, but let the real (and fake) Haiku shine through, who gives .
When an unsuspecting poster makes a statement the geek squad will start responding with the inside jokes and code that anyone would find odd, to put it mildly. When they make fun of you for it, they’re a troll. GS needs to check yourselves if you want to bring anyone new into the conversation. Not that you do. I don’t get triggered by anything you nerds dish out, so don’t flatter yourselves.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
So, reading really is fundamental.
Or...

Screenshot_20221217-153634.png

Let me give an example. We've got this guy who has been around a while. He's, made contributions to The Boneyard, but for whatever reason, he's lost his sauce. Or he's too deep into it.

Anyway, he keeps popping up, half-troll-like to remind people how great he is, as though the "to be" doesn't have a fully legitimate past tense.

Keep in mind, this guy operates like a leader-in-exile (as though somebody else banished him), hiding from critics he has on Ignore, like a fraidy cat. But then he slips in to drop some hype and see if he can get some back slaps for his past service, which no knowledgeable poster would deny he has performed (in the past).

So, the example:

"If you think it affects the mojo, it affects the mojo" is on this guy's resume, but today he completely mangled it by giving examples of things HE's never written here.

Good for him personally that he went with his judgment in those instance, I suppose, but the phrase isn't and never was, "If I think it affects the mojo, then it affects the mojo." That's just a desperate/lunatic pronouncement from a wannabe cult leader, a cry for help, or something otherwise inscrutable.

UConn is a team. Hero ball is dead. Nothing wrong with leaders, so long as they're about the team and not all about themselves.

Remember Ted Turner's desk sign: "Lead. Follow. Or get out of the way. "

So far, the only thing this guy's got going is a fugly 9-month old avatar that, at best, boosted the PC Friars to a road win in Newark this afternoon. Oh wait, my bad: HE might think it affects the mojo. AND that it would affect the mojo if he outright did so. Can we expect the shape-shifting to continue?

Maybe he's angling to be the lighting rod, galvanizing the growing energy, and preparing for a triumphant return that runs into April, but I'm not placing any bets on that. Sure, I'll keep that door open. We need everybody pulling the sled.

But as long as I've got to wait for a handful of incomplete-looking posts to alert me something's afoot, such that I have to log out and visit as a guest to see the hidden posts (and yet again register their feeble nature), well, the Deep of old ain't walking through that door just yet.

A season gets built one game at a time, and tip-off tonight is in less than 3 hours. Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
There are no insider jokes here. I know what is going on when somebody mentions the "Car Wash".

Reaction Score
This thread has opened my eyes. Over the past few years, I thought I witnessed the genesis of more than one Boneyard meme, only to find out here that I was merely seeing the umpteenth invocation of a years-old meme each time. I'll be darned.

Reaction Score
Nothing beats Makers Muppets pampers MOJO thread. That carried us through the BE tournament and the NCAA title run. An epic thread rant. Sehor is a close second and Sheen"s crooked smile "winning" remark is 3rd.

Hoping the MOJO hangs around till the very end this year. Always a great thread to watch

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I wouldn’t define my exchange with Haiku as melodrama. He kept after me and finally got his ass handed to him. Then he got frustrated and started in with the gender crap, which really doesn’t bother me. It may offend others which is unfortunate, but let the real (and fake) Haiku shine through, who gives Azzi Fudd.
When an unsuspecting poster makes a statement the geek squad will start responding with the inside jokes and code that anyone would find odd, to put it mildly. When they make fun of you for it, they’re a troll. GS needs to check yourselves if you want to bring anyone new into the conversation. Not that you do. I don’t get triggered by anything you nerds dish out, so don’t flatter yourselves.
When an unsuspecting poster makes a statement the geek squad will start responding with the inside jokes and code that anyone would find odd, to put it mildly. When they make fun of you for it, they’re a troll.
tru dat.
currently, a nice poster who sumtimes dances here with two left feet, put up a couple of thoughts in the former players thread sounding in
'i wish success to that former player other than when he plays us.'
it then rained stinky red thumbs on those.
why? perpetual butthurt aboot everything. pretty messed up.
when i first came here, i immediately noticed a very odd geriatric code, and mentioned it. prolly got poofed, tho that don't bother me. management is trying to run a biznatch and make the scratch, which is great, and so they make the rules to further their interests, as it should be, but the dynamic of the on the ground constant geezer attacks? lame. they shouldn't do that cuz they might break a hip.
on the udder hand, i did once have an angry bird posse here trying to chase me down. they're now seemingly scattered to the 4 winds, prolly turning their perpetual butthurt onto their home front.
ugly. a waste for the joy and fun of a balanced life.

Take a trip to east and west
You find that you don't know anything
Every's getting tired of you
Sometimes you have to look and listen
You can even learn from me
Little knowledge is dangerous
It's my life

props for hanging a bunch of funny tags on the frumpy grumpies.
awesomesauce.

my interest wanes. mebbe that's what 8893 felt.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom