do not watch if you are going to whine: XRM | Page 2 | The Boneyard

do not watch if you are going to whine: XRM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well...I rather have a 2nd year Omar Calhoun than a rookie XRM next year...XRM was just scared to be playing behind Calhoun...relax :)

Reaction Score
What gray area? You're not buying that Washington Post horsepucky, are you? Does coach K. work in that gray area? What coaches, in your opinion, don't work in that gray area?

Oh God. Here we go. I can't take you seriously on this topic after your ridiculously absurd mischaracterization of the Rudy Gay recruitment. You and Willie99 should just pool your resources and petition the Vatican for Calhoun to be canonized.

Reaction Score
Oh God. Here we go. I can't take you seriously on this topic after your ridiculously absurd mischaracterization of the Rudy Gay recruitment. You and Willie99 should just pool your resources and petition the Vatican for Calhoun to be canonized.

What was absurd about it? UConn paid $22k to Baltimore Parks & Rec. How was that any different than shelling out big dough to the Pump Brothers? As for Coach K., tell me what you know about Myron Piggie. Tell me what you know about how boosters and former team members were handing out cash to duke recruits. How is Uconn any different than Duke?

Reaction Score
I love all the self-flagellation on this board, and the horsepucky idea that UConn needed to clean up academics with that ridiculous APR-induced public relations strategy they adopted. Boy, some of you are too easily fooled.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Uh, academic issues and uh, Ollie's contract, it didn't make sense to me at the time, and it doesn't make any sense now, but I agree with Superjohn that this is all over and done with and there's no point in bringing it up again.

Ok. My bad . I was just posting a response to a post that was ahead me. The next time I post my opinion I'll check with you first. I forgot the "Bone Yard " had a "Quality Control Inspecter". I'll take my Lion and go home now and you let me know when I can post again chief.

Reaction Score
Ok. My bad . I was just posting a response to a post that was ahead me. The next time I post my opinion I'll check with you first. I forgot the "Bone Yard " had a "Quality Control Inspecter". I'll take my Lion and go home now and you let me know when I can post again chief.

Why are you even on a message board? I don't get it. No one is supposed to disagree with anything you write?

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Why are you even on a message board? I don't get it. No one is supposed to disagree with anything you write?

It's not that serious . Actually as a neophite I love the info I get from site and I hand out likes all day. When you begin your sentences with "uh" some people might view that as offensive and funky so I responded "funky "

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
All right, Dan.

You're switched off again.

I made the switch months ago and its paying enormous dividends

Reaction Score
It's not that serious . Actually as a neophite I love the info I get from site and I hand out likes all day. When you begin your sentences with "uh" some people might view that as offensive and funky so I responded "funky "

Gotcha. in case you didn't know, I've written extensively here about the APR stuff--and yes, I think it's a PR scam. That's why I responded to the idea that Ollie's contract had something to do with the academic production of the players during the first semester.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Thank you, And the next time you post implying that you haven't made a large mistake recently ....

I know.

This has actually become work. I generally regret letting him post every time he does.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Gotcha. in case you didn't know, I've written extensively here about the APR stuff--and yes, I think it's a PR scam. That's why I responded to the idea that Ollie's contract had something to do with the academic production of the players during the first semester.

Yeah . No problem. This is a very fragile time for the program IMO.
We're like a King without a Kingdom . At least we get 100% from kids.

Reaction Score
XRM t
heres just another prime example of warde the idiot....

we all knew that eventually the NBE was going to split from the c7 how ever it goes and we all knew that eventually MSG was going to throw out its contract based off what the league became and so on with important info. we didn't have a exact timeline ever but we all knew this was coming. maybe next year maybe next week etc...

now knowing all this, the fanbase especially here is acting how it is. meanwhile all fall warde was willing to hold every single one of us, students, alums and this state hostage with the KO contract. between that contract and the ad's not lowering qualifying standards to this semester we missed out on several key prospects. xrm was a tuff one, bell and the kid going to rpov now come to mind. those were all wardes fault. i can say pretty confidently that 1 of those 3 was a lock and most likely 2 of those 3 would have signed with us already if warde didn't screw everything up.

but he did. fast forward to today. now we learn more about msga nd the c7 blah blah. now since we all knew this was coming, does anyone still here think it was good of warde to pull the bs he did???? we could have had a extremely strong class and kept the brand floating meanwhile were getting torn up by all ends right now.

to those who say he did the right thing, if he gave ko a deal right away he could get screwed....

WRONG! he could have gave KO a 3 year deal 500k, 600k, 700k. he could have a buyout after year 2 of 3 for cheap $ and we could have been all set. there is NO excuse for what happened this fall and everytime we get news, its reflects worse and worse on his decisions this past fall. yet most here still turn the other check.

there is a unwritten rule in college football where coaches get 3 years at a school to get there own players in and all that talk. its argueable when the coach clearly shouldnt get the 3rd year. we went and are still going thru that with PP. but warde has him coming back, not to my liking. the board overall is mixed. warde moved his buddy gdl to another position but did not fire him. if u look up the history of this at cuse u know the results are tragic bad.

but yet u all turn the check and u think holding ko and our programs future recruiting wise hostage this past fall was a good idea? all of u who call yourselves fans should be ashamed of your frucking selves. every passing day it becomes more and more obvious whats going on and yet more giggles about what a great year we are having and the new brand is coming soon rainbows and unicorns.

i have news for u. this is not a "great" year. its a average or good one. anyone with ok bball iq knew what we had somewhat and took a serious look at our schedule and saw 20ish wins. its exactly where we are. its a good start for ko. but its not a great year so cut it out. were uconn, not some bs private c7 school that hasn't been good in 15 years. rutgers would kill to have the year were having. to them this is a good year.

everyone here needs to get there hands out of there asses and heads of of the sand and wake up. look at wtf is going on around u in storrs. get with the program. this jackass who rode in on a almost extinct animal talked a big game to a president who has publically admitted she doesn't know a ton about athletics. we joke here especially a few who watched fairfield u the past couple years about the pc coach coley being a jerk off becuase hes all talk and media flash and no substance. thats exactly what warde is. but yet ppl here deny it.

wake up
XRM to Uconn was far from a given even if Ollie had a contract . Manuel chose to be careful because hiring a coach is a big deal. I supported Ollie getting a contract right away but I also understand Manuel's thinking. I do not have any experience in running an athletic department nor do I have first hand knowledge of all the details. It may be a wild guess, but I'd say you don't have any experience either.

Reaction Score
I know.

This has actually become work. I generally regret letting him post every time he does.
What ever happened to a lot of the posters from the past: Doggydaddy, Gouconn, Uconn Henry and others? They seem to have been replaced by morons.

Reaction Score
XRM t

XRM to Uconn was far from a given even if Ollie had a contract . Manuel chose to be careful because hiring a coach is a big deal. I supported Ollie getting a contract right away but I also understand Manuel's thinking. I do not have any experience in running an athletic department nor do I have first hand knowledge of all the details. It may be a wild guess, but I'd say you don't have any experience either.

It wasn't a given. Most people are siml going off he quote from XRM where he mentioned it was a big factor in not choosing Uconn. And that, coupled with the quote from someone in the media (forget who?) who knew that the lack of a contract cost Ollie one recruit, made people speculate. Given the timing, I tend to think that the reference was to Austin and not XRM, and I agree that XRM was not a given.

Reaction Score
We can't deny that the team had academic issues under our beloved coach Calhoun . If the new administration wants to show the rest of the country and the NCAA's that Uconn men's
Basketball is going to clean that issue up , how could people complain. If they wanted wait until grades came in and then extend Ollie, I can't complain about that. We needed the problem cleaned up and corrected even if it cost a couple of recruits. People it's a process and you can't have it both ways.
I think you need a refresher course in the APR scores. Has almost nothing to do with academics, other than making sure someone can't leave in a semester without causing the program harm. It apparently isn't an issue for Kentucky, who has more one-and-dones than the rest of college hoops combined, and it doesn't effect UNC, who gives people credit for fake classes, but it did hurt UConn when an 8th semester senior left early to try out for a European team. We also had some transfers, and guess what, they count against us too. And the answer the NCAA had, was to make up a new rule 3 years later, and apply it retroactively based on records of kids in 2010. No one on the current team was here then.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
I think you need a refresher course in the APR scores. Has almost nothing to do with academics, other than making sure someone can't leave in a semester without causing the program harm. It apparently isn't an issue for Kentucky, who has more one-and-dones than the rest of college hoops combined, and it doesn't effect UNC, who gives people credit for fake classes, but it did hurt UConn when an 8th semester senior left early to try out for a European team. We also had some transfers, and guess what, they count against us too. And the answer the NCAA had, was to make up a new rule 3 years later, and apply it retroactively based on records of kids in 2010. No one on the current team was here then.

Ok. Thanks. I was aware of how the APR worked and how we were penalized . I was just voicing an opinion that others have also voiced on this site and outside of this site in reference to why Warde waited.

Reaction Score
Ok. Thanks. I was aware of how the APR worked and how we were penalized . I was just voicing an opinion that others have also voiced on this site and outside of this site in reference to why Warde waited.

Warde himself said the same thing that you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom