do not watch if you are going to whine: XRM | The Boneyard

do not watch if you are going to whine: XRM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
nice pass---hoping for an issue at fl st.... he scored 55 points that night also.. kid is going to be good

new and correct link!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
heres just another prime example of warde the idiot....

we all knew that eventually the NBE was going to split from the c7 how ever it goes and we all knew that eventually MSG was going to throw out its contract based off what the league became and so on with important info. we didn't have a exact timeline ever but we all knew this was coming. maybe next year maybe next week etc...

now knowing all this, the fanbase especially here is acting how it is. meanwhile all fall warde was willing to hold every single one of us, students, alums and this state hostage with the KO contract. between that contract and the ad's not lowering qualifying standards to this semester we missed out on several key prospects. xrm was a tuff one, bell and the kid going to rpov now come to mind. those were all wardes fault. i can say pretty confidently that 1 of those 3 was a lock and most likely 2 of those 3 would have signed with us already if warde didn't screw everything up.

but he did. fast forward to today. now we learn more about msga nd the c7 blah blah. now since we all knew this was coming, does anyone still here think it was good of warde to pull the bs he did???? we could have had a extremely strong class and kept the brand floating meanwhile were getting torn up by all ends right now.

to those who say he did the right thing, if he gave ko a deal right away he could get screwed....

WRONG! he could have gave KO a 3 year deal 500k, 600k, 700k. he could have a buyout after year 2 of 3 for cheap $ and we could have been all set. there is NO excuse for what happened this fall and everytime we get news, its reflects worse and worse on his decisions this past fall. yet most here still turn the other check.

there is a unwritten rule in college football where coaches get 3 years at a school to get there own players in and all that talk. its argueable when the coach clearly shouldnt get the 3rd year. we went and are still going thru that with PP. but warde has him coming back, not to my liking. the board overall is mixed. warde moved his buddy gdl to another position but did not fire him. if u look up the history of this at cuse u know the results are tragic bad.

but yet u all turn the check and u think holding ko and our programs future recruiting wise hostage this past fall was a good idea? all of u who call yourselves fans should be ashamed of your frucking selves. every passing day it becomes more and more obvious whats going on and yet more giggles about what a great year we are having and the new brand is coming soon rainbows and unicorns.

i have news for u. this is not a "great" year. its a average or good one. anyone with ok bball iq knew what we had somewhat and took a serious look at our schedule and saw 20ish wins. its exactly where we are. its a good start for ko. but its not a great year so cut it out. were uconn, not some bs private c7 school that hasn't been good in 15 years. rutgers would kill to have the year were having. to them this is a good year.

everyone here needs to get there hands out of there asses and heads of of the sand and wake up. look at wtf is going on around u in storrs. get with the program. this jackass who rode in on a almost extinct animal talked a big game to a president who has publically admitted she doesn't know a ton about athletics. we joke here especially a few who watched fairfield u the past couple years about the pc coach coley being a jerk off becuase hes all talk and media flash and no substance. thats exactly what warde is. but yet ppl here deny it.

wake up

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Shabazz just hurt his pinky toe again, we're down to one ball handler and you wanna post this now????? Really.

Reaction Score
Dan please shut the hell up, I would say at least 90% of the board wanted Warde to lock Ollie up right away, I was constantly talking about it. It's over now, no point in constantly rehashing the same old and telling people to wake up, almost very single poster here wanted Ollie signed to a longterm deal from day 1.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Shabazz just hurt his pinky toe again, we're down to one ball handler and you wanna post this now????? Really.

we have 3 games left. the seaosn is just about over for us. the buble ppl here are in is unreal. other fanbases are laughing at all of u for the blue bubble. if and its a big if, anyone else here can take off the glasses and think bigger picture and long term will become very scary quick for u.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dan please shut the hell up, I would say at least 90% of the board wanted Warde to lock Ollie up right away, I was constantly talking about it. It's over now, no point in constantly rehashing the same old and telling people to wake up, almost very single poster here wanted Ollie signed to a longterm deal from day 1.

i want his fat asz fired. until that happens i will only stfu when asked by the powers as u know...

if this was a for profit, does warde last 1 month at some company for decisions he made?????

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
warde came out not to long ago and talked about how major donors and heads who matter were hammering him with emails and pressure. thats all u need to know with how high he thinks of himself. at other schools down south and out west major donors run the whole frucking state let alone the school. think about it. he ignored major donors and ppl of significance. yet ppl here give him another pass. pickens could knock down a dorm 2moro with his pick up truck and okst ad and prez would hold a presser to support his drunk driving for example. until justice is served with warde leaving this state i hold a price tag on his head.

Reaction Score
I haven't exactly been happy with him either but he's not going to be fired. We lost out on 1 or 2 recruits which is not a big deal, it pissed me off at the time but we have a stacked team and will get our recruits soon enough. I was going crazy over not firing GDL and Pasqualoni but he finally demoted GDL and brought in an offensive coordinator I am very high on and Pasqualoni has this year to show he can successfully coach this team, I'm very excited about the football recruiting class and for the first time in 2 years I feel like football could be heading in the right direction. As for hoops we missed out on 1 maybe 2 good/very good recruits but no real star. Ollie got a 5 year deal at a fair price for both him and the University, if he was signed right away the contract wouldn't have been as long. All in all missing out on a recruit or 2 isn't a big deal at all, no sense in constantly bitching about what Warde did in the past. You can bitch all you want about realignment but it won't get you anywhere, Warde isn't being fired anytime soon.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
We can't deny that the team had academic issues under our beloved coach Calhoun . If the new administration wants to show the rest of the country and the NCAA's that Uconn men's
Basketball is going to clean that issue up , how could people complain. If they wanted wait until grades came in and then extend Ollie, I can't complain about that. We needed the problem cleaned up and corrected even if it cost a couple of recruits. People it's a process and you can't have it both ways.

Reaction Score
We can't deny that the team had academic issues under our beloved coach Calhoun . If the new administration wants to show the rest of the country and the NCAA's that Uconn men's
Basketball is going to clean that issue up , how could people complain. If they wanted wait until grades came in and then extend Ollie, I can't complain about that. We needed the problem cleaned up and corrected even if it cost a couple of recruits. People it's a process and you can't have it both ways.

from what I hear, this AD was brought in to try to correct past sins and create a more rule 1st sport program. I love calhoun, but he worked in the gray area all the time over the years.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
we have 3 games left. the seaosn is just about over for us. the buble ppl here are in is unreal. other fanbases are laughing at all of u for the blue bubble. if and its a big if, anyone else here can take off the glasses and think bigger picture and long term will become very scary quick for u.

Dude I've been watching and following the team since the dream season. I've lived in CT. All my life and me and wife went to Ct. State universities and we both work for the state.
I'm supposed to be in a " Blue Bubble" with "Blue Glasses" drinking a cold Pabst " Blue Ribbon"
Fool!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
All right, Dan.

You're switched off again.

Fishy, funny thing is that you and Dan are very similar. Dan just not has the fear of this board and the flowerily control of the English language like you do. In a way he is a mini-fishy or juvenile fishy. Both of you have a loves of fanatical / zealous opinion and will not waver from them. You both look down when people question you or have a different point of view. In 20 years Dan will be a fishy like poster. He just has to be cultivated and nurtured.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Fishy, funny thing is that you and Dan are very similar. Dan just not has the fear of this board and the flowerily control of the English language like you do. In a way he is a mini-fishy or juvenile fishy. Both of you have a loves of fanatical / zealous opinion and will not waver from them. You both look down when people question you or have a different point of view. In 20 years Dan will be a fishy like poster. He just has to be cultivated and nurtured.[/quote

You've got to be kidding. No, I guess you don't.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
You guys are all morons all you do is fight about opinion alot of you would be switched off if that was an option if you don't have any info to share stop acting tough about opposing someone's OPINION

Ok Kizzy . Will do.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Agreed, and yet I imagine most reasonable fans realize that NOT giving him the contract from day 1 made sense. IF he had the long term contract from day 1, MAYBE we'd have landed XRM, but I just don't see how a responsible person can blame Warde or UCONN for NOT doing that. I thought the timing was pretty good. You can blame Warde for other things perhaps, but not for that decision IMHO.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
In a way he is a mini-fishy or juvenile fishy. Both of you have a loves of fanatical / zealous opinion and will not waver from them.

Larval Fishy?

Reaction Score

Uh, academic issues and uh, Ollie's contract, it didn't make sense to me at the time, and it doesn't make any sense now, but I agree with Superjohn that this is all over and done with and there's no point in bringing it up again.

Reaction Score
from what I hear, this AD was brought in to try to correct past sins and create a more rule 1st sport program. I love calhoun, but he worked in the gray area all the time over the years.

What gray area? You're not buying that Washington Post horsepucky, are you? Does coach K. work in that gray area? What coaches, in your opinion, don't work in that gray area?

Reaction Score
Agreed, and yet I imagine most reasonable fans realize that NOT giving him the contract from day 1 made sense. IF he had the long term contract from day 1, MAYBE we'd have landed XRM, but I just don't see how a responsible person can blame Warde or UCONN for NOT doing that. I thought the timing was pretty good. You can blame Warde for other things perhaps, but not for that decision IMHO.

For the record, I don't blame Warde for anything other than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom