DJ Wagner Enters The Portal | The Boneyard

DJ Wagner Enters The Portal

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
He is a big two guard, and he needs a big course correction if he wants to play at next level. Pretty certain he was rated higher than Castle. If he is really committed to buying into the system he has the physical tools to play a big two guard role. I will go look not sure how he shot from three but he is solidly built. Kind of a smaller version of Stephon. He interests me and he is from NewJersey.

Wonder how much his father gets involved. Wow, I went and looked and he really struggled but I am still interested.

I could get behind a Nowell/Diarra/Ball/Wagner rotation. Got AK and Stewart starting then interchange Wagner to play some wing when either AK or Stewart is on the bench. But for that to happen Wagner would have to commit to defending and rebounding. Using his physical skills to impact the game then hopefully the offense comes as part of the flow of the offense.

Did I mention he is from Jersey?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A potentially very good player on the college level, but was vastly overrated to the family name, and all the hype surrounding Camden basketball
The 64 is completely erroneous
Saw him play in high school, and I would say he’s closer to 62
I think calling him a point a guard is probably a stretch
A decent but not great shooter
Can get to the rim a bit of
Has the skills to be a good defender
Got the reality check when he went to college there is not a one and done lotto pick that many were projecting him to be when he was a sophomore in high school
Seems like he has a good attitude, but on the face of it doesn’t seem like any kind of fit with Uconn UConn

Reaction Score
He is a big two guard, and he needs a big course correction if he wants to play at next level. Pretty certain he was rated higher than Castle. If he is really committed to buying into the system he has the physical tools to play a big two guard role. I will go look not sure how he shot from three but he is solidly built. Kind of a smaller version of Stephon. He interests me and he is from NewJersey.

Wonder how much his father gets involved. Wow, I went and looked and he really struggled but I am still interested.

I could get behind a Nowell/Diarra/Ball/Wagner rotation. Got AK and Stewart starting then interchange Wagner to play some wing when either AK or Stewart is on the bench. But for that to happen Wagner would have to commit to defending and rebounding. Using his physical skills to impact the game then hopefully the offense comes as part of the flow of the offense.

Did I mention he is from Jersey?
Yep - Castle was #10 in the 247 rankings, Wagner was #6.

Reaction Score
The daily shuttle from Lexington to Fayetteville leaves at 6? He better hurry to the airport.

Reaction Score
He had a very underperforming season- probably a lot to do with coaching- has talent & skills- needs leadership & direction to fulfill his potential.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Not necessarily. Prevailing thoughts are he regressed under Cal. He arrived at Kentucky assuming he was one and done.

Prevailing thoughts of the Wagners?

Calipari hired Milt, signed Dejuan and then signed DJ. Maybe they're done with him but that's a lot of history.

Reaction Score
This doesnt feel like OUR guy, however youd be hard pressed to find a player with better pedigree, I would take him in a heartbeat if he wants to be coached

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
He had a very underperforming season- probably a lot to do with coaching- has talent & skills- needs leadership & direction to fulfill his potential.
I read there could have been an injury involved. That would make sense. Even playing for a team as connected as UConn it took Stephon a month to get back to where he was pre injury. And that is with great teammates. If Wagner was injured can’t imagine how tough it would have been to reintegrate with that team.

Reaction Score
If you're interested in Wagner then here's a good article to read.

Regardless of whether it's at Kentucky, Arkansas, or a new location altogether, what does DJ Wagner need to do to regain the form he showed as a youngster?

It's a multifaceted answer, layered with variables including his outside shooting, decision-making, and pace of play. Most importantly, he needs to get his confidence back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom