DJ Hernandez Arrested | The Boneyard

DJ Hernandez Arrested

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
His Facebook posts are really concerning..

Reaction Score
Oh christ. I hope for everybody involved he sorts this out. I didn't know he was going through this type of trouble through his life. I mostly say this as far as I know these are life long issues.

Edit: when you have these types of issues. I know nothing about him personally.

Reaction Score
Hope he gets the help he needs. Found this article about bipolar disease if interested in learning more about the causes

Reaction Score
Very sorry to hear this. Can only imagine what he and his family have been going through during & since everything that happened with his brother. I sincerely wish him the best and hope he finds some peace in his life soon.

Reaction Score
Very sorry to hear this. Can only imagine what he and his family have been going through during & since everything that happened with his brother. I sincerely wish him the best and hope he finds some peace in his life soon.
Wish he could get back in football as an assistant or something to keep him busy. Sometimes we foget the challenges some players face after being in the limelight but then having to adjust to the real world years later. A mental illness only makes it worse /aggravates everything - nothing but prayers he can turn things around.

Reaction Score
Hope he gets the help he needs. Found this article about bipolar disease if interested in learning more about the causes

This paragraph says it all:
"Scientists believe that bipolar disorder is the result of a complicated relationship between genetic and environmental factors. Research suggests that a person is born with a "vulnerability" to bipolar illness, which means that they are more prone to developing the disorder. However, this is not the only factor in determining whether a person will become ill. Environmental factors such as stressful life events also appear to play a role in that they can lead to the onset of the illness or "trigger" a relapse of symptoms."

Since he's potentially genetically predisposed, when you add what the family has gone through to his own particular issues, this almost sounds inevitable. Let's hope he gets the help he needs.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This is one of those “clear” situations. The state and all its recourses needs to assert itself and provide the help that is needed for this good guy.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Really just a sad situation. I remember the article in SI years ago about how he had moved to TX and stopped using DJ so he would break ties to his brother. I believe he was working with a roofing company and married (?) at the time of the article. He really seemed to have separated himself from everything up here. Shame that it seems he couldn't escape his demons.

Reaction Score
Really just a sad situation. I remember the article in SI years ago about how he had moved to TX and stopped using DJ so he would break ties to his brother. I believe he was working with a roofing company and married (?) at the time of the article. He really seemed to have separated himself from everything up here. Shame that it seems he couldn't escape his demons.
Often escaping is the same as running away. The hardest thing in life is choosing to simplify matters when it is very necessary to do so. I don't know the answer but I do hope he can find a situation that balances his needs while balancing his distress.

Reaction Score
That entire family has a serious amount of problems going all the way back to when DJ and Aaron were kids. It sounds like it was a tremendously difficult household to grow up in. It's all very sad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom