Disturbed by the fire drill nature of the last Temple drive? | The Boneyard

Disturbed by the fire drill nature of the last Temple drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For those that want to absolve the coaching staff of all things ...

I saw: a Defense that stopped Temple regularly on short yardage. A Few Fourth Down attempts. But, on that last drive, they were poised ... and we were sending players all over the field. Our DLine was jumping back & forth; not set. Several DBs were moving. #90 Campenni was running from the sideline & never got in a stance. Could we just recognize how important that drive is & take a timeout if we need to stop a 3rd & long or 4th & short? I know this is no-huddle; but, we don't have to be back on our heels getting dictated to.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It's on the coaching staff to recognize the D isn't set.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
We had time-outs. Use them ... make that Stop. Ballgame.

Reaction Score
For those that want to absolve the coaching staff of all things ...

I saw: a Defense that stopped Temple regularly on short yardage. A Few Fourth Down attempts. But, on that last drive, they were poised ... and we were sending players all over the field. Our DLine was jumping back & forth; not set. Several DBs were moving. #90 Campenni was running from the sideline & never got in a stance. Could we just recognize how important that drive is & take a timeout if we need to stop a 3rd & long or 4th & short? I know this is no-huddle; but, we don't have to be back on our heels getting dictated to.

Post of the weekend ^^^^^^^^^

Reaction Score
It goes back to playing not to lose. PP quote about them not having any timeouts so we didn't want to help them. How about making sure we aren't caught out of position. Do we want other players on the field? We see their formation now go over what to look for. They needed a touchdown not just a fieldgoal remember.

Reaction Score
Yup, no doubt about it, these coaches struggle on the sidelines. It's an issue.

Reaction Score
Getting the right players on the field from play to play is a weekly struggle for these guys. This sort of stuff should be virtually automatic.

It just shows that they are generally disorganized, unaware and inept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom