Disney working on Mo'ne movie | The Boneyard

Disney working on Mo'ne movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
6+ Minute documentary video on Mo'ne Davis. Not much new, except it is mentioned that Disney is working on a new movie about her.

Reaction Score
Is all the attention this kid is getting going to disqualify her from getting a NCAA scholarship? That would be a shame?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Is all the attention this kid is getting going to disqualify her from getting a NCAA scholarship? That would be a shame?

Yes, it would a shame. Because she did not ask for any of the fame or notoriety she's received from it. All she did was play a game that she loves and is good at. It's not her fault she became the darling the little league world series over night, a summer ago.

The "Mo'ne Davis craze took on a life of it's own. Unless you were completely cut off from civilization, you heard about her. With all of the features and personal interviews the media did on her, we got to know her a little bit. It's hard not to like this lovable kid from Philly, who remains humble, and just likes to play baseball.

Count me in that number. I'm on my third pitcher of "Mo'ne Davis" kool-aide. I'm one of her many fans. Once they make a movie about you, you become immortalized. It's like having your bust in a professional sports "Hall of Fame". That bust (movie) will be there long after you're gone.

Look at all of the hall of fame members that have passed on, whose legacy lives on through their membership in the hall.

I'm hoping there are enough people in high places that will ensure she does not suffer any repercussions from her unwanted fame.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, it would a shame. Because she did not ask for any of the fame or notoriety she's received from it. All she did was play a game that she loves and is good at. It's not her fault she became the darling the little league world series over night, a summer ago.

The "Mo'ne Davis craze took on a life of it's own. Unless you were completely cut off from civilization, you heard about her. With all of the features and personal interviews the media did on her, we got to know her a little bit. It's hard not to like this lovable kid from Philly, who remains humble, and just likes to play baseball.

Count me in that number. I'm on my third pitcher of "Mo'ne Davis" kool-aide. I'm one of her many fans. Once they make a movie about you, you become immortalized. It's like having your bust in a professional sports "Hall of Fame". That bust (movie) will be there long after you're gone.

Look at all of the hall of fame members that have passed on, whose legacy lives on through their membership in the hall.

I'm hoping there are enough people in high places that will ensure she does not suffer any repercussions from her unwanted fame.
Well she DID cooperate for all those features, played in the amateur/celeb pre-NBA All-star game, and wrote a book, so I wouldn't be too, "poor little Mo'ne." I suspect she has someone looking out for NCAA compliance

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Well she DID cooperate for all those features, played in the amateur/celeb pre-NBA All-star game, and wrote a book, so I wouldn't be too, "poor little Mo'ne." I suspect she has someone looking out for NCAA compliance
Yep, as long as her compliance officer makes sure she doesn't make any calls to Geno, she should be fine. And maybe she should raise a holler if Sue and DT swoop down on her and try to get her over to the local pizza parlor.

Reaction Score
Is there any reason to believe that she will someday be talented enough to warrant offers from Division I powerhouse programs? Athletes peak at different times. Is she projected to be a top 50 prospect? Making the money now on movies and books may be the smart thing to do.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Is there any reason to believe that she will someday be talented enough to warrant offers from Division I powerhouse programs? Athletes peak at different times. Is she projected to be a top 50 prospect? Making the money now on movies and books may be the smart thing to do.
There are not too many teenagers in any sport who would not take advantage of the opportunities that have been presented to Mo'ne. You've got to strike while the iron is hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom