Dishin & Swishin Podcast: The Roundtable discusses, UConn or the field? | The Boneyard

Dishin & Swishin Podcast: The Roundtable discusses, UConn or the field?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This weekend the NCAA women’s basketball season tips off. So Dishin & Swishin asks you, if you had to choose a national champion, and the choices were three-time defending champion UConn or the rest of the field, which would you choose? Not that easy to decide, is it?

As the action begins, it is the perfect time for Dishin & Swishin host David Siegel to convene another session of the Dishin & Swishin roundtable discussions, to preview the NCAA women’s basketball season. The esteemed panel this time around consists of:

Stephanie White, ESPN analyst and head coach of the WNBA’s Indiana Fever
Brenda VanLengen, analyst for numerous networks including ESPN, Pac-12 Network and Fox Sports
Debbie Antonelli, SEC Network analyst for men’s and women’s games
Mary Murphy, making her roundtable debut, Pac-12 network analyst

http://www.hoopfeed.com/content/201...ield-the-roundtable-looks-at-the-ncaa-season/

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Great listen, David. Thanks.

BTW, Stephanie White -- who is a gem, btw -- talked about position-less basketball. Didn't we recently hear Geno and Kevin Ollie talk about that?

Here's my stab at transcribing what Stephanie said:

One of the things I'm seeing across the board, whether it be men's, women's, pro and it's going to start to infiltrate the college game is we're not going to have positions anymore. In 5 years we're not going to have true back-to-the-basket players, we're not going to have pigeon-holed "you're the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 player." Versatility is paramount. Playing multiple positions, having multiple skill sets. Being able to do more than 1 or 2 things on the floor. To me, that's fun. As much as speeding up the pace of the game and that's why were able to speed up the pace of the game because everybody has got to be able to dribble, everybody has got to be able to shoot, everybody has got to be able to rebound, and everybody has got to be able to defend. That's one of the things I'm most excited about, the way our game is transitioning to position-less basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom