Dishin & Swishin Podcast:Dawn Staley on the rise of South Carolina, Nikki McCray & Play4Kay | The Boneyard

Dishin & Swishin Podcast:Dawn Staley on the rise of South Carolina, Nikki McCray & Play4Kay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The rise of the South Carolina is one of the top women’s basketball stories this season. On this week’s Dishin & Swishin we welcome back to the podcast Gamecocks head coach Dawn Staley.

Even Staley admits on this week’s podcast that she did not expect to be this good, this fast, after losing three starters from last year’s team.

http://post original url/HD5xZZs98x

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Well maybe, but the only top team team they have beaten is KY. Would like to have gotten a better measure of their strength by the non conf. schedule which was pretty weak.
It would have been nice to see them up against a Stanford, ND or even a Louisville to have more to go by.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
We'll know soon enough just how good they really are.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well maybe, but the only top team team they have beaten is KY. Would like to have gotten a better measure of their strength by the non conf. schedule which was pretty weak.
It would have been nice to see them up against a Stanford, ND or even a Louisville to have more to go by.

South Carolina has proven more than Louisville has..... at least in my opinion.

Reaction Score
South Carolina has solid wins over Kentucky, Vanderbilt (x2), and LSU, and Louisville only really has LSU and Rutgers, so I'd agree.

Reaction Score
SC's overall women's program is a rising star. I predict that there will not be any comparison to KY after this year.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

Didn't say they didn't, just that it would be nice to see how they handle the matchup. Not a great resume so far.

BTW - How did you get my endorsement as Louisville as a better team out of my statement? I don't think Stanford is better either just that a stronger OOC sched. could give us a better measuring stick.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
If you would keep Nikki McCray in your prayers. She has breast cancer thanks.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Didn't say they didn't, just that it would be nice to see how they handle the matchup. Not a great resume so far.

BTW - How did you get my endorsement as Louisville as a better team out of my statement? I don't think Stanford is better either just that a stronger OOC sched. could give us a better measuring stick.

I read it too quickly... and i was hungry. I shouldnt reply to threads before dinner :oops:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
South Carolina has solid wins over Kentucky, Vanderbilt (x2), and LSU, and Louisville only really has LSU and Rutgers, so I'd agree.

2 wins over Kentucky, now. By 23 in Lexington tonight.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Kentucky is a disaster this year. Those wins are $1.380.

Reaction Score
They looked strong last night. Staley is always great to talk to, and from this podcast I hope everyone listens to the sections on Nikki McCray and Play4Kay. They have their game this weekend vs Florida, and it means so much more than most of the breast cancer games when it involves one of your own basketball family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom