Did the Vandy game ruin Deleone forever? | The Boneyard

Did the Vandy game ruin Deleone forever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A stupid call in a critical situation. He threw the ball and lost the game.

Now, when he is up 17 points, he is tighter than a drum.

Reaction Score
It's a fair question. But personally I think they play it by the book way too much.

If I remember it correctly that play against Vandy was a 3rd & 9. The book says throw. I don't think this staff is able to recognize the different nuances during these games. Stubborn as all hell.

Reaction Score
I think we tightened up at 24-14. The hook and lateral put the coaching staff in kill the clock mode. I think your point about the Vandy game is valid.

We can reverse this question and ask why fans are so upset about a win with conservative 4th quarter playing calling when they were so mad at the coaching staff for being aggressive vs Vandy. A win is a win.

Reaction Score
I think we tightened up at 24-14. The hook and lateral put the coaching staff in kill the clock mode. I think your point about the Vandy game is valid.

We can reverse this question and ask why fans are so upset about a win with conservative 4th quarter playing calling when they were so mad at the coaching staff for being aggressive vs Vandy. A win is a win.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Was JM throwing the ball effectively in Nashville? Was Vandy moving the ball against us? The scenarios in the 2 games could not be more different.

Each game will dictate how to call the plays.

Reaction Score
Watching from Section 103, one playset told me early what kind of game that this was going to be. Geremy Davis was lined up to the wide side of the field with only a diminuative (a.k.a. midget) defensive back lined up against him. The safety was cheating toward the short side to help out against the run. Not once did UConn try a pass over the top to Davis. Instead, the predictable run into the middle of the line gains short yardage. It was mindnumbing.

Reaction Score

If I recall our defense wasn't giving Vandy a sniff. The only way Vandy was going to score the rest of that game was on a turnover. The Mac throw provided that.

Reaction Score
Actually, I thought that Deleone was pretty good playcalling wise from the Syracuse game on last year.

He's just been horrific this year though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom