Did Cooper commit to Duke? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Did Cooper commit to Duke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Come on Cooper-shock the world!
I can tell by his pictures his gut really wants to be at Uconn Keep the faith husky nation!!

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
If he comes here, great. If not I hope we meet them and smash him. Funny how that works. It’s a win win for us.

Reaction Score
Us competing for the nation's top recruit against dook . . . . . we have arrived/returned, thanks to Hurley! Doesn't matter where Cooper decides, going forward we will always be at the table for best talent, attractive to Coach. Our future is set.

Reaction Score
We know he’s going to commit somewhere. No matter where he goes, I wish him great health, and success!

Reaction Score
If you want to slap floors. Best of luck to you. If you want to win championships, you know where to come.
urban legend had us in it for John Wallace from Rochester against Syracuse in 92, crazy stories about Wallace all but kidnapped and staying in a hotel for 3-5 days ahead of signing date so other Coaches couldn't get to him. The recruitment of CF had that kind of element to it, except everyting is legal now. Cuse was ineligible for NCAA tourney Wallaces frosh year, NCAA sanctiions.

Reaction Score
Playing time is important to these kids which won't affect Cooper but there's a lot of 5 and 4 star talent on Duke that might not get all the PT they want.

Reaction Score
Also, what Trilly does sucks. Let these kids announce it themselves. This is their moment, and he makes it his.
This is really getting under my skin. I said this when the word was he might be coming here. These clowns need to stop stealing the kid or any other kids moment. This rush to be first and be right is pathetic. If Cooper goes to duke i wish him the best as he seems like a great kid and while ill be disappointed i will be consoled nicely by rewatching #5 and looking forward to the next. I will have moved on from CF about 5 minutes after he makes his decision if its to the bad guys. This is UCONN!

Reaction Score
Trilly wouldn’t post that he was unless he was 100% certain. He’s a real deal insider.
I've not been following recruiting closely over the last few years so I had to look up Trilly. I found a fascinating detailed article about him. Although whoever he is, his identity appears to be unknown, he has an incredible record of being accurate. But he commented on X that it's just a prediction based on the intel he is hearing, so even if he were spot on 100% of the time in the past, it's not a done deal till we hear it from Cooper.

I remain hopeful, but will accept whatever's the outcome. Landing the #1 ranked recruit of his caliber is unprecedented for our program, while Dook lands them frequently. (I don't consider Andrew Bynum a get since he never suited up for UConn.) Cooper might have already decided and it has leaked out, but I think we were right there and props to the staff for doing all they could to land him. Unfortunately, there's not consolation prize for finishing second when it comes to recruiting. With that said, let's see how this ends.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I love the way the BY has pivoted away from the Flagg drama. I am guessing not many regulars will be clicking on this thread but wanted to record my thoughts on the last few weeks for posterity and my own mental health. I am a relative newbie to the BY. Actually joined I think after the 2014 championship but did not really post much and that year was fairly busy. Youngest son was born in May and I had just sold my company and was settling into a corporate gig. The reason for the post is that this situation with Flagg and in general following progress on recruits is something I will avoid moving forward. It leaves you with a different feeling than when we don’t play well. Talking about real things like why we could not win in January can be upsetting. But this thing with losing top recruits feels more like your girlfriend breaking up with you. Moving forward I will expend my BY energy complaining or giving kudos to our real players. Not dreaming about recruits that never choose us. Actually in the end this is probably better for us. Let’s keep our identity as the little engine that could. But I am not going to wish Dook well. I hope they miss the ncaa tourney this year and next and Scheyer turns out to not be the next Coach K. Don’t get me wrong I will read about progress in recruiting and analysis of actual commits. But this inside trader stuff on scoops that don’t exist that is fools gold or clickbait in our digital reality. No value.

Reaction Score
I love the way the BY has pivoted away from the Flagg drama. I am guessing not many regulars will be clicking on this thread but wanted to record my thoughts on the last few weeks for posterity and my own mental health. I am a relative newbie to the BY. Actually joined I think after the 2014 championship but did not really post much and that year was fairly busy. Youngest son was born in May and I had just sold my company and was settling into a corporate gig. The reason for the post is that this situation with Flagg and in general following progress on recruits is something I will avoid moving forward. It leaves you with a different feeling than when we don’t play well. Talking about real things like why we could not win in January can be upsetting. But this thing with losing top recruits feels more like your girlfriend breaking up with you. Moving forward I will expend my BY energy complaining or giving kudos to our real players. Not dreaming about recruits that never choose us. Actually in the end this is probably better for us. Let’s keep our identity as the little engine that could. But I am not going to wish Dook well. I hope they miss the ncaa tourney this year and next and Scheyer turns out to not be the next Coach K. Don’t get me wrong I will read about progress in recruiting and analysis of actual commits. But this inside trader stuff on scoops that don’t exist that is fools gold or clickbait in our digital reality. No value.

Following the whims of teenagers, since that is what college recruiting is, has always seemed like a fool's errand to me. I used to be really plugged in when I was like 19 years old (I'm 37 now). I just can't get myself to care. Let me know who has signed a LOI and I'll leave my faith in the coaching staff. I'll browse these threads but the amount that people get dug into this stuff is unhealthy and weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom