Did anyone think Emeka would have a better career? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Did anyone think Emeka would have a better career?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If you were to say "disappointing career," you might have to include Josh Boone, Hilton Armstrong, and Marcus Williams. All first round picks gone astray.

Reaction Score
If you were to say "disappointing career," you might have to include Josh Boone, Hilton Armstrong, and Marcus Williams. All first round picks gone astray.

Given how their NBA careers turned out, maybe they would have been better off actually giving a about the end of the NCAA season. We might have 4 banners instead of 3.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Given how their NBA careers turned out, maybe they would have been better off actually giving a about the end of the NCAA season. We might have 4 banners instead of 3.

Marcus Williams showed effort down the stretch.

Reaction Score
Marcus Williams showed effort down the stretch.

Yes, that's absolutely right. He carried us to wins against Albany, Kentucky, and Washington. Unfortunately, it was basically him and Jeff Adrien. Everyone else -- including the other busts-to-be -- was sleepwalking through that Tournament.

Reaction Score
Marcus also had plenty of energy left in his tank from constantly being ineligible his whole career.

He gave effort when he felt like it. Classic underachiever.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Marcus also had plenty of energy left in his tank from constantly being ineligible his whole career.

He gave effort when he felt like it. Classic underachiever.

lol....kinda snarky from the "Voice of Reason." He was our best player by far that season. He had a couple of rather large bumps in the road along the way, but finished off his UConn career well. He just could not do it alone.

Reaction Score
lol at the marcus bashing. dude was awesome for us

Other than getting himself ineligible twice while we were in pursuit of national championships, sure, what an awesome guy.

Thank goodness Taliek and Ben actually worked hard year-round and stayed in shape, so they could handle not having a backup while Marcus' awesomeness was sitting at home.

Reaction Score
lol....kinda snarky from the "Voice of Reason." He was our best player by far that season. He had a couple of rather large bumps in the road along the way, but finished off his UConn career well. He just could not do it alone.

Marcus is admittedly my kryptonite. To this day I wish we sent him packing and went to war with Austrie.

Reaction Score
Was he really ineligible twice? I know he was in 2004, probably a brain fart but I don't remember the other time.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score

Hilton Armstrong never acted like he didn't care. Boone was pouty the whole season, but Armstrong never just mailed it in.

Reaction Score
Coming out of college a lot of projections had him being a buck williams type player and thats exactly what he has been. i dont think his career has been disappointing at all. he was never going to be a 20/10 guy in the nba. if anyone has been disappointing id say it was BG. i really thought he would be a 20ppg for his career player but he hasnt been close to that. kemba is already a better player in only his second year.

I don't consider averaging 16.3 ppg while shooting over 40% from 3 to be a disappointment. If he was still on the Bulls I bet he'd be closer to 18ppg.

Reaction Score
I guess my definition of success is always going to be different, even if it's from SouthTampaBill...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom