Diana Taurasi - From Somewhere | The Boneyard

Diana Taurasi - From Somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't know if this has been posted in here at all. If it has been, I apologize. I've loved this video since I first saw it. A lot of it, most probably already know but I like that she identifies so much with where she's from and how it has shaped her.

HGN

Reaction Score
I don't know if this has been posted in here at all. If it has been, I apologize. I've loved this video since I first saw it. A lot of it, most probably already know but I like that she identifies so much with where she's from and how it has shaped her.

Thanks Lobo50......Never seen that video.

Reaction Score
Where did this come from?? Great find. Well known that Geno brought a bottle of Taurasi wine to the in-home visit. Started pitching in Italian and Mama Taurasi knew it was a done deal. Never heard that he jumped on the team after the loss to ND in Diana's first tournament.

Reaction Score
So my brother in law and I went to Don Lugo HS Ds freshmen year to watch her play. It was amazing. You could tell then that she was something special. We were amazed at how good she was as a freshmen.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Thanks for that post. I had not seen it... "You go to work" - every kid in the country should hear that every day.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno on DT: No one else has taken two new starting 5s to the Chaampionship. He recently reiterated this point about DT that sets her apart.

Reaction Score
Geno on DT: No one else has taken two new starting 5s to the Chaampionship. He recently reiterated this point about DT that sets her apart.

Edit: No one has taken ONE new starting lineup to the Championship...DT did it TWICE.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Edit: No one has taken ONE new starting lineup to the Championship...DT did it TWICE.
Though one might argue that she was part passenger and part driver in 2002. We know she was a combo of Mario Andretti and Jeff Gordon in 2003 and 2004.

Reaction Score
Thank You- that's was Great!

Diana - Simply One of The Absolute Greatest in History.

Reaction Score
I'm glad you all enjoyed the video. I don't remember how I came across it. It was either in a recommended section on YouTube or it was on Facebook. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for D. Her class was the first I watched all four years. It was definitely a treat and continues to be through her pro career.

Reaction Score
Thanks Lobo that was great!
Geno tells the story with Sue Bird on GENO SHOW that in the 2001 semi at FF vs ND UCONN up 18 at 1/2 time when ND, Ratay, hits a 3 at the buzzer to 15 point lead and he went berserk in the locker room for full 15 minutes, how could they allow that to happen! Players shocked and went out and lost! He asked Sue if she and the others finally forgave him for that. Sue said, nothing to forgive, we still should have won!
He said, that 2001 had the most talent of any team in WCBB history! 7 All-Americans, 7 Olympians.
If Svet & Shea weren't hurt UCONN wouldn't have lost that game, yelling or not. Two veteran presence that would have calmed everyone down!
Geno calls Taurasi the Greatest Winner in the history of WBB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom