Diana in top form | The Boneyard

Diana in top form

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She played fabulously. So did Miss Maya and especially Tina Charles with a career high in points... Great day for the UCONN alums...
And Renee hit the winning shot last night.

Plus, Tiff had 16 in another Atlanta win.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Where is the poster who a few weeks ago said DT had lost a step and it might be time for USABB to move on?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Where is the poster who a few weeks ago said DT had lost a step and it might be time for USABB to move on?

I think it was me…boy. looking at this game…is there anyone who can come close to topping her when she's in the form?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Dee was injured a couple of years ago, but seemed to play well last year. Her 3-point shooting seemed to be a little lower than earlier in her career, though that may be just my impression. Her scoring is a bit lower. At 7-10 today, she showed that she can still do it. She is very dangerous with the ball in her hands. The most dangerous in the world.

I think the no-brainer picks for Turkey are Diana, Maya, and Candace. The next group includes Angel, Sue, and Tina. Though 2016 is a long time from now, I think Dee still makes it.

The rumors or Diana's demise are premature and greatly exaggerated.

Reaction Score
Dee is scoring less because she has more scorers and she's unselfish.

BTW: I think Sue is a no-brainer for Turkey. USA rewards it's most loyal.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Dee was injured a couple of years ago, but seemed to play well last year. Her 3-point shooting seemed to be a little lower than earlier in her career, though that may be just my impression. Her scoring is a bit lower. At 7-10 today, she showed that she can still do it. She is very dangerous with the ball in her hands. The most dangerous in the world.

I think the no-brainer picks for Turkey are Diana, Maya, and Candace. The next group includes Angel, Sue, and Tina. Though 2016 is a long time from now, I think Dee still makes it.

The rumors or Diana's demise are premature and greatly exaggerated.

Been looking forward to watching the replay of the Phoenix/LA game later this evening..haven't watched too much Phoenix yet this year so this seems to be a good one.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Been looking forward to watching the replay of the Phoenix/LA game later this evening..haven't watched too much Phoenix yet this year so this seems to be a good one.
A shooting exhibition by Dee and Kristi Tolliver. Enjoy!

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Nice post game interview with D on the ESPN site. ("Can we see that?" and a little "LA is too talented for this record")

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Phoenix is a REALLY good team. They are big, with no starter below 6-0, and they have a great balance of inside and outside presence. The only weakness is that they do not have a player coming off the bench who can really score a lot, but with the players they have in the starting lineup, they really do not need that. Three of the Phoenix players (DT, BG and Dupree) are in the top 10 in scoring in the league.

Reaction Score
The Sparks showed how much they depend on Tolliver. They got behind but still almost managed to make the comeback. They almost got Griner into foul trouble by using their guards to drive inside. They paid the price by getting shots blocked but managed to make it close. Tolliver threw the ball away at the end of the game but it would have been interesting to see what would've happened if they tied the game.

The remark by the Sparks coach was interesting when they asked her what they could do to stop DT. She said they could try guarding her. lol

The Sparks really miss Marissa Coleman and O'Hea.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The Sparks showed how much they depend on Tolliver. They got behind but still almost managed to make the comeback. They almost got Griner into foul trouble by using their guards to drive inside. They paid the price by getting shots blocked but managed to make it close. Tolliver threw the ball away at the end of the game but it would have been interesting to see what would've happened if they tied the game.

The remark by the Sparks coach was interesting when they asked her what they could do to stop DT. She said they could try guarding her. lol

Regarding the quote by the Sparks coach - Dee is unguardable. There is no guard in the league who can stop her as she's stronger than all of them, and no big who can keep with her as she's quicker than all of them. It's a similar conundrum to guarding Parker who is also unguardable for her size. She's quicker than the other bigs, and stronger than the other guards. As much as I love Maya, it's possible to stop her inside game which happened to her in quarters 2 and 3 in Minny's loss to NY. She then becomes a jump shooter and if her 3 point shot isn't falling, she's toast.

Reaction Score
Regarding the quote by the Sparks coach - Dee is unguardable. There is no guard in the league who can stop her as she's stronger than all of them, and no big who can keep with her as she's quicker than all of them. It's a similar conundrum to guarding Parker who is also unguardable for her size. She's quicker than the other bigs, and stronger than the other guards. As much as I love Maya, it's possible to stop her inside game which happened to her in quarters 2 and 3 in Minny's loss to NY. She then becomes a jump shooter and if her 3 point shot isn't falling, she's toast.
And a similar conundrum to guarding Stewie, although that's another conversation.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Tolliver is their only real three point threat. Phoenix has three players, DT, Taylor and Bonner, who can drain the three if left open. All of the guards are good off the dribble also. Combine that with the smooth play of Dupree and the inside presence of Griner and this team is about as good as it gets. I don't think that even the return of Brunson will tip the scale in Minny's favor this year.

DT is in the perfect situation to show all of her talents and she is taking advantage of it. She looks like she is having so much more fun than last season, a season in which she seemed agitated a lot. I loved watching the in-huddle celebration after DT hit that big shot at the end of the game. It looked like a group of high school girls who had just won the state title...complete joy. They seem to have great chemistry.

One odd thing that I cannot remember one time that Dupree has passed to Griner, and I have watched every game this year. I would think that those two could have some good high/low post play, ala Dolson and Stewart, but I have seen no attempt to use that as an advantage.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think that 3 pointers are over-rated. The closer you get to the basket the easier it is to make it. A lot of these girls would benefit by learning to fake the defender and move by them to take a shorter (jump) shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom