Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I never followed our recruiting as much as this year. It is exhausting!

Reaction Score
I'm sure Phil Nolan is in his ear a lot.

BwJ5kZOIEAAI7lu.gif

Reaction Score
I never followed our recruiting as much as this year. It is exhausting!
Do it for a couple more years, then you'll appreciate just how little a clue the rest of the fan base has about what goes in to putting together our teams, and the entire underground world that is basketball recruiting.

No fault to them of course; they have lives

Reaction Score
Here it is:
@Diamond_Stone33: My Top 5 (No Specific Order)
1. Maryland
2. Duke
3. Wisconsin
4. Oklahoma State
5. UConn
but.. but ... we were listed last :p

Reaction Score
I say whether we're listed first or last, it's here we finish.
If we're able to get him, Enoch and Jones game over. It will
give us (2) 5 star and (2) 4 star recruits

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Nope now according to him we aren't in it with Newman:
@Evan_Flood: @mike21lang UConn isn't really in the mix for Newman

Lol.

Whisky isn't in on Newman either are they? So effectively, Stone isn't about the package deal.

Reaction Score
Whisky isn't in on Newman either are they? So effectively, Stone isn't about the package deal.

lol, player's of Newman's caliber don't go to Wisconsin unless they're from there.

on another note, interesting tweet from a guy who covers Duke & UNC recruiting for R1vals.

Clint Jackson ‏@clintjackson1
Diamond Stone is down to five: home school, actual choice, LOL, marketing 101 and OMG. #realtalk

obviously Wisc is the home school, is Maryland "marketing 101" since they're a UA school and Stone plays on the UA circuit?

Reaction Score
lol, player's of Newman's caliber don't go to Wisconsin unless they're from there.

on another note, interesting tweet from a guy who covers Duke & UNC recruiting for R1vals.

Diamond Stone is down to five: home school, actual choice, LOL, marketing 101 and OMG. #realtalk

obviously Wisc is the home school, is Maryland "marketing 101" since they're a UA school and Stone plays on the UA circuit?

Marketing 101 might mean Duke.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

That was my point.

You're overthinking it.

1. Maryland --> LOL
2. Duke --> Marketing 101
3. Wisconsin --> Home School
4. Oklahoma State --> WTF
5. UConn --> Actual Choice

Reaction Score
Maryland and OSU are interchangeable with LOL and WTF, Wisconsin is the home school, but I dunno who could be "marketing 101" or what that even means

C

Chief00

Quite frankly - I have always been skeptical of the package deal but I know at least at one time our coaches thought it was a very viable possibility. But, I don't see any Newman visit activity yet - so next week is key. If you don't see any movement it's Stone to WI and Newman to UK. If we schedule a Newman visit it's all over for everyone else - done deal.

Reaction Score
Actual choice=Uconn
Then that means Puke is either LOL or OMG... why? I hate Puke as much as the next guy, and I know we haven't exactly heard much about Puke and Stone, but when are they ever LOL or OMG for any recruit?

That's why that tweet makes no sense to me

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Quite frankly - I have always been skeptical of the package deal but I know at least at one time our coaches thought it was a very viable possibility. But, I don't see any Newman visit activity yet - so next week is key. If you don't see any movement it's Stone to WI and Newman to UK. If we schedule a Newman visit it's all over for everyone else - done deal.

It seems like you are saying that our only chance @ getting Stone is if we get Newman as well. Perhaps the post is just poorly worded but thats what it seems like...and that would go against pretty much everything we have heard about Stone so I don't buy it. Is that what you meant?

Reaction Score
I hate myself for weighing in on this, but there's no "WTF" on there. It's "OMG."

So my (embarrassed) guess, assuming UConn is "actual choice," would be:

1. Marketing 101 - Maryland (UA)
2. LOL - Ok. St.
3. Home school - UW
4. OMG - As in "OMG" he might go to Duke the most amazing program in the world.

[Reflects on post.]

[Unlaces shoes.]

[Makes makeshift noose.]

C

Chief00

It seems like you are saying that our only chance @ getting Stone is if we get Newman as well. Perhaps the post is just poorly worded but thats what it seems like...and that would go against pretty much everything we have heard about Stone so I don't buy it. Is that what you meant?[/QUOTE

Poorly worded I guess - the point I was trying to make - if you see a Newman visit lined up - it's really cuz Stone is coming here no matter what - and Newman has always been the one of the two - who talked up the package most. Newman, if he goes solo, I don't think he ends up at UConn. Stone may come to UConn either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom