Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone (Committed to Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
If we lose Stone, Newman and Jones, I'd be bummed but if we got Enoch, Clarke and Baptiste that would remove all the sting. I just hope we don't end up with deep contingency plans. I hope there is some movement soon.

Reaction Score
I like that he listed us at 5. We win when we're under-seeded.
"We have Maryland, Duke, Connecticut, Oklahoma State and Wisconsin,” said his father, Bob. "We wanted to stay consistent with our plan of meeting and getting the schools to five when Diamond returned home from Dubai."

Damn, he didn't list UConn last.

Reactions: pj

pj

Reaction Score
"We have Maryland, Duke, Connecticut, Oklahoma State and Wisconsin,” said his father, Bob. "We wanted to stay consistent with our plan of meeting and getting the schools to five when Diamond returned home from Dubai."

We won as a 3 seed in 2011. Maybe he's a Kemba fan.

Reaction Score

UCONN is right in the middle. If that was a bell shaped curved, we'd be at the top.

Reaction Score
Enoch and Stone playing together on the same court will be devestatting

Reaction Score

I think this quote clears up the question from yesterday as to whether this was his final five...or his favorite five (meaning there could be others on the list, but just ranked lower...for now). His father's wording seems to suggest that this is his final five.

As far as his listing order is concerned, when you ask someone to select an item from a list and you don't want to make the most logical choice stand out, where do you place it in the list? Not at the front...too obvious...not the end...trying to hide it...but right in the middle. ;)

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
This list leads me to believe that it truly is between us and Wisconsin. Would have been wary of UK and the squid if they were included but MD & OSU seem like list fillers and can't see him ultimately landing at Duke

For those who maintained that Stone was a long shot, we are very much in great position to land the coveted big man and he would be KO's biggest recruiting jewel to date...let's close this out!!

Reaction Score
Are we still in at all for Diallo? Wasn't sure if there's any possibility we land Stone and Diallo.

Reaction Score
who was the last great Wisconsin player... devin harris? mike finley? when was their last title? This can't be about basketball. Wisconsin IS legendary party school, thats what i'm seeing

Reaction Score
Wes Matthews?
senior? maybe, but his career was good not great. the environment is madison is someting else, so i could see that being a factor. but him and newman seem strictly business. i know newman doesn't even watch college hoops, forget choosing a school based on their football team. hoping thats the case with stone

Reaction Score
James said:
who was the last great Wisconsin player... devin harris? mike finley? when was their last title? This can't be about basketball. Wisconsin IS legendary party school, thats what i'm seeing

I mean come on with this. They were in the Final Four last year and they bring back an NPOY favorite. The way we denigrate other programs around here is not a great look.

Reaction Score

hometown school, a great coach, they were just in a FF, and given what they do with Kaminsky he knows that an offense can run through him. Not saying KO won't do the same because he's all about taking advantages of mismatches and if Stone's post game is as good as advertised he will get plenty of touches, but its not like there is a downside to Stone picking Wisc.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Stone to Wisconsin doesn't seem like a traditional fit for Bo Ryan's style but you cannot discount that they are our main competition for him. A rock solid program that usually prefers to develop awkward white guys and stresses team ball with good defense but I could easily see Stone staying home.

Wisconsin isn't known for sending players to the league but I'm pretty sure Stone is confident that he will be an NBA top pick wherever he decides to go to school. Now get ready for constant guess work and over analyzing until the decision is announced

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who thinks Stone will be a bust?

Reaction Score
I could be wrong but when guys don't dunk all over the place and jump out of the gym (play below the rim) the thought is sometime they will never get up to speed. This kid is a real big man and I would expect him to walk on to any team and make an immediate impact.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Are you saying he's going to be such a good Husky he will have a bronze bust made and thrown out with Jonathan?…...:eek:
I wish that is the case!
Why do you think he will be a bust?
I think he isn't physically fit, he can't jump at all really, and doesn't really look engaged. Don't get me wrong - he's a great high school player, but I think he maxed out his potential. The only thing he has working for him is his huge frame and his decent post moves. He overpowers people on the high school level and that's not going to work at the college level.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't see him being "the one" or the "next great big guy" at UConn. I think he would fit into Wisconsin's style of player better than ours. For some reason, every time I watch him play or see highlights, he reminds me of a less athletic Curtis Kelly.

Reaction Score
I love how as soon as Stone drops UK from his list, UK guys start saying he was all hype. They can't take the fact a top recruit didn't want to play there.

Reaction Score
I wish that is the case!

I think he isn't physically fit, he can't jump at all really, and doesn't really look engaged. Don't get me wrong - he's a great high school player, but I think he maxed out his potential. The only thing he has working for him is his huge frame and his decent post moves. He overpowers people on the high school level and that's not going to work at the college level.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't see him being "the one" or the "next great big guy" at UConn. I think he would fit into Wisconsin's style of player better than ours. For some reason, every time I watch him play or see highlights, he reminds me of a less athletic Curtis Kelly.

I see a larger Corny Thompson or as superjohn said in the Zach Randolph mold of player……..one never knows but i doubt a bust at all. Maybe overhyped early and may need to work harder or get stronger but the fundamentals of the game he has can't be denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom