Diamond Stone tape | The Boneyard

Diamond Stone tape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like that he tries to dunk EVERYTHING.. only good things happen when you try to dunk the ball

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Impressive, but I was surprised how little vertical I saw. Not sure how high you need to be able to go when you're 6-10 and 260 or whatever, but I don't think he was ever more than wrist high to the rim in that video.

Reaction Score
I like him. Looks like he has a lot of baby fat and needs more conditioning. If he can score on the low post w some moves he would be a great pickup.

Reaction Score
Can see some 'hack-a-shaq' defense coming his way… Shoots about 65% from the stripe… Not terrible…

Reaction Score
Impressive, but I was surprised how little vertical I saw. Not sure how high you need to be able to go when you're 6-10 and 260 or whatever, but I don't think he was ever more than wrist high to the rim in that video.

I mentioned this before in the Jessie Govan thread when everyone turned on him... Stone looks excellent, and I'd take him in a heartbeat, but Stone and Govan seem to have similar athleticism. Neither looks overly quick or athletic. They are both solid and get the job done.

Reaction Score
Hard to tell from a highlight vid, but if I were to pick apart his tools, I'd harp on:

- Limited athleticism/weak lower body: judging from the way he gets up (or, rather, doesn't), he reminds me of Oriakhi, who had a notoriously weak lower body and generated minimal lift in getting off the ground; if you recall, most of Oriakhi's dunks were two-handed, with arms extended almost completely straight up to get the ball over the rim. Stone looks similar. Of course, Stone is a junior in high school, not a junior in college, and will have time to get stronger.

- Lousy shooting mechanics: yes, they let him take 3's, and yes, he apparently made a couple, but his shot form is awful and I'd be shocked if the coaching staff would let him shoot from beyond the free throw line; this is also something he has time to work on.

He does seem to have some nice touch and a few rudimentary post moves, so right now if I were evaluating him (on very limited info), I'd describe him as a skilled plodder, kind of the anti-Drummond, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Reaction Score
Hope he becomes a Husky with or without Newman.

Does need conditioning, quite sure that will improve under KO and staff along with his FT percentage (many wind sprints on his way to improving FTs).

Good touch from 10 -15 feet and knows how to use backboard.

Good hands, plays with agressive confidence, very good footwork, nice spin move but needs to get rid of the hook - easy call for even the most nearsighted ref.

Take him in a heartbeat.

Reaction Score
We need a big man with the athleticism of Drummond and the low post moves of Tim Duncan. I'm sick and tired of watching us recruit 6'11" plodders and 7'1" string beans who picked up a basketball for the first time last year. It's ridiculous that we can't recruit a guy who can do what Tim Duncan can do with Andre Drummond's athleticism.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Well, Diamond looks to me to be noticeably more athletic than Govan. He is much more of a "quick leaper," getting up for rebounds and putbacks quite well. He knows how to use his size to drive the ball to the rim very well...again, much better than Govan given my memory. His shot form is not that bad, with a real strength in that he has a nice soft touch with arc on his shots. He, like all kids, will benefit from improved conditioning, but I think he looks like he could be a real force inside. He's got an aggressive attitude, will mix it up, and if bodies go flying, oh well.

Sign him up right now!

Reaction Score
I see a young Andrew Bynum in Stone, hopefully minus the crazy. Of course he needs conditioning, but think about Hilton's transformation from freshman to senior. This kid can be molded into a beast. G-d, if you were to pair him up with Amidah and Phil (without knowing yet what to expect from Lubin), that is suddenly a tall, deep, and big front court. This kid is the #5 recruit in the country. We're not talking about a 3 year project here. I hope we stay in the mix here..would be a huge get.

Reaction Score
We need a big man with the athleticism of Drummond and the low post moves of Tim Duncan. I'm sick and tired of watching us recruit 6'11" plodders and 7'1" string beans who picked up a basketball for the first time last year. It's ridiculous that we can't recruit a guy who can do what Tim Duncan can do with Andre Drummond's athleticism.

I am sure every NBA team asks the same question and has the same goal.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
He's got a mean streak in him......AND I LIKE IT!!!!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

And Wilt's social life?

Reaction Score
I see a young Andrew Bynum in Stone, hopefully minus the crazy. Of course he needs conditioning, but think about Hilton's transformation from freshman to senior. This kid can be molded into a beast. G-d, if you were to pair him up with Amidah and Phil (without knowing yet what to expect from Lubin), that is suddenly a tall, deep, and big front court. This kid is the #5 recruit in the country. We're not talking about a 3 year project here. I hope we stay in the mix here..would be a huge get.

Was thinking the same comp for him.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Sad part was I thought you were serious...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman