Diaco Weekly Press Confernce (East Carolina) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diaco Weekly Press Confernce (East Carolina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Diaco is articulate and an original. He knows exactly what he is doing. The way he talks and carries himself made him a Millionaire. You either like him or you don't. If he was winning you wouldn't be talking about his Public relations skill set.

He's been in coaching for 20 years. I find it amusing when I read comments from the arm chair coaches of the world. Diaco knows exactly where he wants to take this team and he is adamant about not taking short cuts. He has a vision for where he wants to take UCONN! I put my money on Diaco. He is money in the bank. Just gonna take a couple of years for the stock to start paying dividends!

You are related to him or something right?

Reaction Score
whoever hired this regime forgot a biggy question during interview process: dooz you guys knowz dee differential between safeteee vs touchbax; please articulate ddeeee pro cess pool

after the ans; decision maker would have exclaimed; NexT just like bc and wi

Reaction Score
chapwilvaug72 said:
whoever hired this regime forgot a biggy question during interview process: dooz you guys knowz dee differential between safeteee vs touchbax; please articulate ddeeee pro cess pool after the ans; decision maker would have exclaimed; NexT just like bc and wi
....and ignored.

Reaction Score
Jarhead_1775 said:
....and ignored.

Yeah. I haven't ignored anyone yet. But I think it's time. He can't even stay in character.

Reaction Score
You are related to him or something right?

I believe there is a process going on at UCONN and I have faith in Bob Diaco and his staff. Here is how the bible defines faith:

Hebrews 11:1
11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

HERE IS WHAT A FEW OTHER FAMOUS PEOPLE SAID ABOUT FAITH

Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
Saint Augustine

If patience is worth anything, it must endure to the end of time. And a living faith will last in the midst of the blackest storm.
Mahatma Gandhi

To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.
Thomas Aquinas

I am still far from being what I want to be, but with God's help I shall succeed.
Vincent Van Gogh

The keys to patience are acceptance and faith. Accept things as they are, and look realistically at the world around you. Have faith in yourself and in the direction you have chosen.
Ralph Marston

In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't.
Blaise Pascal

Can I lose faith in Bob Diaco? Talk to me in three years. Right now, I am a believer.

Which reminds me of a song! Replace her with him for Diaco and no, I don't have a man crush on him! LOL football is fun ain't it! We just got to get a little crazy SEC in us up here in New England!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

No George Michael?

Reaction Score
Diaco is articulate and an original. He knows exactly what he is doing. The way he talks and carries himself made him a Millionaire. You either like him or you don't. If he was winning you wouldn't be talking about his Public relations skill set.

He's been in coaching for 20 years. I find it amusing when I read comments from the arm chair coaches of the world. Diaco knows exactly where he wants to take this team and he is adamant about not taking short cuts. He has a vision for where he wants to take UCONN! I put my money on Diaco. He is money in the bank. Just gonna take a couple of years for the stock to start paying dividends!

Diaco is certainly an original, aren't we all? As to being articulate, not so much. If he was winning, I would still cringe at how he presents his thoughts. If the way he talks and carries himself made him a millionaire, which it did, that's just another way of saying he talks a good game, because he certainly hasn't coached one yet.
All UConn fans want him to succeed and he may. Just have to wait and see.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I really liked the "focused on focusing". Thought that was informative. :rolleyes: Hell, even Belichick, who says less than anyone, at least doesn't say things that are meaningless.

I like the guy, and I think he knows football. I think he's still learning how to be a head coach, and that's ok too. I think we should have expected that. But I'll say this...he has more passion and energy for the UConn football program in his pinky toe than PP had in his whole body. PP was mailing it in. Diaco may or may not do the right things every time, but you can be sure it isn't because he isn't invested and doesn't care. I think the guys know it, and I think the recruits see it, and once it translates to wins, the fans will see it. He's got that same level of competitiveness that Calhoun and Geno have, and I love that.

Reaction Score
I really liked the "focused on focusing". Thought that was informative. :rolleyes: Hell, even Belichick, who says less than anyone, at least doesn't say things that are meaningless.

I like the guy, and I think he knows football. I think he's still learning how to be a head coach, and that's ok too. I think we should have expected that. But I'll say this...he has more passion and energy for the UConn football program in his pinky toe than PP had in his whole body. PP was mailing it in. Diaco may or may not do the right things every time, but you can be sure it isn't because he isn't invested and doesn't care. I think the guys know it, and I think the recruits see it, and once it translates to wins, the fans will see it. He's got that same level of competitiveness that Calhoun and Geno have, and I love that.

Great post!!! I'm with you!!

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score

Truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99