Diaco Changing The Football Culture At UConn (Jeff Jacobs) | The Boneyard

Diaco Changing The Football Culture At UConn (Jeff Jacobs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
cool, can't wait to see how he does this fall. i hope seeing all the hoopla for the bball teams his first spring practice here will burn an image in his brain on where he should be taking this football program.

Reaction Score
"We'll go on FieldTurf, we'll go on grass, we'll go in the parking lot," Diaco said. "We'll line up a drill and go roll on this carpet. It doesn't matter. I really don't care."

duck* YEAH!!!

Reaction Score
In 2010 I was at the Dome for the Cuse game. UCONN was warming up with a big contingent on the team in the end zone doing some drills. Orange fans there were really woofing. Blidi goes over and starts waiving his arms and bobbing his head. The crowd down there and the team really got into it.

Probably no correlation, but UCONN came out and blasted the Orange from the kick-off. But, why antagonize. It makes no sense.

Reaction Score
"We're going to go through the student body and hope they come in and engage the players an hour or so before kickoff. It's a little extra heartbeat for the players, too, a little extra pep."

I don't want to be an energy vampire, so I will just say that this idea is very ambitious. Good luck coach.

Reaction Score
Perhaps if they had discounted beer/concession) pricing from when the gates first open to 30 minutes or an hour before game-time (when prices would revert back to obscene) it could help to incentivize an earlier stadium entry. Getting fans in early may be the toughest nut for Diaco and Warde to crack. Keep the ideas flowing

Reaction Score
There was sure a culture change in January of 2010 in the Bend. I hope he can translate that in Storrs.

"We'll go on FieldTurf, we'll go on grass, we'll go in the parking lot," Diaco said.

Well, schedule a return visit already.

Reaction Score
There was sure a culture change in January of 2010 in the Bend. I hope he can translate that in Storrs. Well, schedule a return visit already.
Possible culture change aside, Armando Allen and many Notre Dame fans likely prefer to forget UCONN's 2009 impact. After all, the Huskies beat the Fighting Irish 2 to 3 times that November day. Now it takes two to tango, but UCONN would surely welcome Notre Dame's visit in Connecticut.

images

Reaction Score
This sentence is stupid beyond belief.

"If UConn loses to BYU by 50..."

Really, that is what the writer thinks? Just when you think the fan base can't get more negative, you get this cr@p.

Reaction Score
This sentence is stupid beyond belief.

"If UConn loses to BYU by 50..."

Really, that is what the writer thinks? Just when you think the fan base can't get more negative, you get this cr@p.

Wrong thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99