Derrick Jones (Committed to UNLV) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Derrick Jones (Committed to UNLV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
walker11 said:
Wait, what?

Lol. I tried to edit it but my window of opportunity closed. Basically, I was saying, when you are 50 something years old and have an affair with an engaged, hot, 20 something coworker, you have no chance of getting away with it. First, you stick out like a sore thumb together and second, the girl is probably unstable.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Wait till you're a little older. At 46 the world is filled with GILF's. When I broke up with my 31 year old girlfriend I told her I was looking forward to dating cougars. Her response was at my age they weren't called cougars, they were called age appropriate. :(

Not cougars. Sabretooths.

Reaction Score
3rdbass's were real abundant for those younger at the time, who hung around 2 places in the 80's/90's in CT……Hall of Fame in Southington and Oscar's in Rocky Hill/Cromwell……..you had to be deaf, dumb and di**less not get an older piece on Thursday's or Friday's at those 2 joints! :D

Reaction Score
Go down to southwest FL, 3-4 month GILF convention. But last thing you need to come across is a needy GILF. That is a nightmare x100

Wait till you're a little older. At 46 the world is filled with GILF's. When I broke up with my 31 year old girlfriend I told her I was looking forward to dating cougars. Her response was at my age they weren't called cougars, they were called age appropriate. :(

Reaction Score
So auburn has signed three players who are wings/forwards for 2015. Who is our main comp now, Kentucky/Florida ? things are lining up for a stellar class of Adams , jones, and STONE

Reaction Score
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/on-the-trail/post?id=11384&ex_cid=Insider_share_11384_Elite 24 Roundtable: Best performances

NEW YORK -- Saturday's Under Armour Elite 24 game featured some of the nation’s most talented prospects, and Team Liberty came away with the win. Our analysts break down what they saw.
---

Who still has work to do?
Rankin:
Derrick Jones, who has improved greatly over the spring and summer, is a talented forward who must continue to develop his skill package. When he does, watch out, because his athleticism is off the charts.

Reaction Score
One of the top tos said uconn in a good place with him. Take it with a grain of salt

Reaction Score
Good to see this thread is getting back on track. I didn't expect that since it completely ran off the tracks quite some time ago. I still like Jones a ton. Hope we land him. Would be fun to watch him play for a year or two...hopefully at least 2...at UConn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jones is a great prospect, but he's not Andrew Wiggins. I don't think he's a one-and-done unless something amazing happens.

Reaction Score
A class of Adams, Jones, and Enoch is so brimming with athleticism that I can barely contain my excitement.

I must agree. To me - this would be an exceptional group.

I am truly impressed with Jalen Adam's IQ on the court.

Initially, the first few highlights I saw of Derrick Jones showed me his athleticism,, only. Subsequent videos expose the more subtle skills of this young man - he is quite skilled.

Enoch... just keeps getting better and better every time I see him. Would be really nice to keep this young man - at the local powerhouse.

These players will do some serious damage at UCONN. Overall, I think the level of player coming out of high school - the last few years - is rising precipitously.

Reaction Score
Think Louisville is probably out of this one after getting Blakeney. They have put together a nice class.

Reaction Score
@AdamZagoria: UConn & Auburn will both be in this week to see 2015 Archbishop Carroll wing @_DerrickJ24_

Reaction Score
@AdamZagoria: UConn & Auburn will both be in this week to see 2015 Archbishop Carroll wing @_DerrickJ24_

It'll come down to these 2 teams. Let's hope Pearl doesn't have another cookout! Recruits seem to love them!

Reaction Score
get Clarke and keep it moving

Adam Zagoria
@AdamZagoria
Sounds like 2015 Archbishop Carroll wing @_DerrickJ24_ may sign in the spring. Story coming.

Reaction Score
I think Clarke will come in and be a workhorse off the bench next season and be a future star. Would love him. Jones to me is Sticks 2.0 which isnt a bad thing but would rather Clarke.

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
I think Clarke will come in and be a workhorse off the bench next season and be a future star. Would love him. Jones to me is Sticks 2.0 which isnt a bad thing but would rather Clarke.

I agree completely. Plus, Clarke seems like he can be a defensive stopper. If Clarke were to commit this fall, I don't think we stop recruiting jones. The issue with taking both isn't whether they could play together on the Court IMO. Giffey and Kromah managed to work well together and compliment each other off the bench resulting in the National Championship.

The problem with taking both is whether there is an opportunity cost by not taking other potential recruits. With Adams in the fold, if we get Clarke and Enoch this fall, then the final slot available assuming no transfers or early entries in the draft, would be available for Briscoe, Newman, Stone, Comanche, Baptiste, Koumadje or Jones.

I would be good with Jones as the final commit in that group, but he is not deciding until the spring and we would be better off with another big first, preferably Stone, Comanche, or Baptiste in that order.

If we strike out this fall on those three, then we still have Jones, Briscoe and Newman all of who have said they won't likely decide until the spring when the transfer/early entry picture will be more clear.

Frankly, I would be thrilled with any of those three to compliment Enoch, Clarke, and Adams. Bottom line ... We are in great position - just need to close and get the commits.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Big difference between Stone, Jones and Newman vs Clarke, Koumadje and Baptiste. There is a lot of potential there, but I will be disappointed if we don't get 1 marquee player after a NC and locking up KO.
I would think there might be a need to look at our reputation with recruits and/or our recruiting process if we can't get at least close to a top ten player
Especially since we made a couple of them our top target.

Reaction Score
Big difference between Stone, Jones and Newman vs Clarke, Koumadje and Baptiste. There is a lot of potential there, but I will be disappointed if we don't get 1 marquee player after a NC and locking up KO.
I would think there might be a need to look at our reputation with recruits and/or our recruiting process if we can't get at least close to a top ten player
Especially since we made a couple of them our top target.

Adams was the top target for the class and KO already got him. As for Clarke and Jones, who knows how their careers pan out and who ultimately ends up better, but there is not a big difference in their rankings at all. I would love to get Jones, but this belief on here that he's some kind of one and done player that I've seen tossed around here is crazy. I guarantee you if we got him guys would be getting impatient with him just like people got with Sticks. It seems like every year we go through this on the board with posters stomping their feet about recruiting and in the end it doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom