Special Teams
PK: Chad Christen; Bobby Puyol
P: Cole Wagner; Chad Christen
H: Cole Wagner
DS: Adam Mueller; Dominick Manco
KR: Nick Williams; Taylor Mack or Wilbert Lee
PR: Nick Williams; Taylor Mack or Deshon Foxx

Reaction Score
If you go to UConn Huskies.com, you can find the depth chart in section ii of the preseeason media guide.

Reaction Score
If you go to UConn Huskies.com, you can find the depth chart in section ii of the preseeason media guide.

Yeah, but Fuller made it easier to see, so I just cut and pasted.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Still would rather see someone else returning punts. NW just looks uncomfortable doing it.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Only 2 minor surprises to me. Pruitt pushing Wirth and Joe Williams behind Hypolite and DeLorenzo.

But depth charts before camreversals are as useful as an elevator in an outhouse.

Reaction Score
I can tell you for sure that any depth charts you see are opinions only (other than the QB) and are just good for creating Boneyard discussions. A few of the positions listed above are incorrect. The only depth chart that matters is the "official" version that will be published priot to the first game.

Reaction Score
Still would rather see someone else returning punts. NW just looks uncomfortable doing it.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Agree. To my eyes he's an average punt returner, and an other-worldly kickoff returner. He's also struggled catching the ball on the move.

Reaction Score
Williams doesn't surprise me being that far down the depth chart. My guess is if they can they want to redshirt him as they do most true frosh. I relaize that he arrived in January, but I think they still see him as a long term talent. If the other two don't seem to be working out, you could well see him move up and get some pt. But my guess is the hope is that he can do learn this year and step in next September. Plus, Pasqualoni favors using 1 back as much as possible. so no sense burning a redshirt for 15 carries if you have someone doing the job.

Reaction Score
looking at our defensive two deep is really getting me psyched for the season. they're going to be a wrecking crew.

Reaction Score
Williams doesn't surprise me being that far down the depth chart. My guess is if they can they want to redshirt him as they do most true frosh. I relaize that he arrived in January, but I think they still see him as a long term talent. If the other two don't seem to be working out, you could well see him move up and get some pt. But my guess is the hope is that he can do learn this year and step in next September. Plus, Pasqualoni favors using 1 back as much as possible. so no sense burning a redshirt for 15 carries if you have someone doing the job.

I LOVE redshirting kids, but I see a problem here. Max/Hyppolite both fit the bill of a short yardage big back more than they really do a starter with breakaway potential. Joe Williams is the only guy we have with that potential, other than Lyle, so if we try to redshirt Joe Williams I see a decently high percentage chance of the redshirt having to be pulled midseason.

Of course, that doesn't mean I wouldn't give it a try, especially if Max shows he could potentially take on a larger role.

Reaction Score
Guys, don't read too much into the depth chart... it's PRE-SEASON based. Watch this thing shake out in a few weeks. Pretty sure that depth chart will look a little different by then...

Position battles I'm looking fwd to: QB and RB

Reaction Score
I am confident in Gus Cruz ability as a starter, but besides him, the depth is as weak as in any time in recent memory.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I LOVE redshirting kids, but I see a problem here. Max/Hyppolite both fit the bill of a short yardage big back more than they really do a starter with breakaway potential. Joe Williams is the only guy we have with that potential, other than Lyle, so if we try to redshirt Joe Williams I see a decently high percentage chance of the redshirt having to be pulled midseason.

Of course, that doesn't mean I wouldn't give it a try, especially if Max shows he could potentially take on a larger role.

Paul P is on record saying he doesn't like telling kids they are going to redshirt in the fall camp or during the season. He feels it leads to a lax attitude and less than max preparation.

If McCombs can handle the load of the primary back and stay healthy and Hyppolite and/or Max can adequately spell him then the result is Williams gets a redshirt.

If McCombs gets hurt, doesn't produce or if the other guys don't produce, expect to see Williams play.

RB is one of the few positions where a frosh can step in and produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom