Depth Chart Changes on D | The Boneyard

Depth Chart Changes on D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/09/some-changes-on-uconns-defensive-depth.html

UConn released its depth chart for the South Florida game. There are no changes on offense but on defense there are some noteworthy movement.

Angelo Pruitt, who missed the last two games with a lower-leg injury, is not on the depth chart after being listed as the starter at defensive end in the first three games.

Also, Cole Ormsby is listed as a co-starter with B.J. McBryde at defensive tackle and true freshman Luke Carrezola is the No. 2 guy at defensive end.<<

Reaction Score
Sounds like Pruitt's injury is bad. he hasn't played since the opener and now they have taken him off the 2-deep.

Reaction Score
Is the new 2-deeppostedyet? I looked on the official site and they only had the Bosie one.

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller 12:11pm via TweetDeck
Angelo Pruitt has decided to take care of lower-leg issue and will not play again for #UConn

JoeDSports 12:11pm via Twitter Web Client
@UConnFootball HCBD: The decision for Pruitt to call it quits came 90 minutes ago.

Awww man... another blow... really liked this kid... wish him nothing but the best... If he's called it quits with us I truly does could he still apply for a medical redshirt and possibly play elsewhere? Would love to see him finish his college playing career on the field instead of off it.

Reaction Score
Why is Ormsby at DT and not DE?

Oh boy, another hit to the roster. I really liked what pruitt brought. Is there a story here or is he really just threw with playing FB? Maybe Jeff Jacobs can add AP to his request list and talk to him for us!

I believe we still post the depth chart as if we were in a 4-3 alignment, even though we line up in 3-4 primarily. As such, listing anyone at DT is a typo. Listing Ormsby as a backup to a guy who typically lines up as a 3-4 end is the key. Hence, Carrezola being listed as a DE (while we all know he is an OLB)

Reaction Score
Why is Ormsby at DT and not DE?

They play him inside. He was at tackle for his sack. They use him as part of NASCAR package like the Giants did wit Justin Tuck, moving him inside to be a quickness mismatch on obvious passing downs.

Reaction Score
Sounds like Pruitt's injury is bad. he hasn't played since the opener and now they have taken him off the 2-deep.

Well that sucks. Hate to see Pruitts career end this way but FWIW the defense played really well without him on Saturday. I feel for the kid and I would wrather have him out there but Saturday proved we have some talent on the DLine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99