De'Janae Boykin's season ends | The Boneyard

De'Janae Boykin's season ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Badly, unfortunately. C.H. Flowers had only one loss going into Thursday night's Maryland state tourney game. Unfortunately, the loss was to E. Roosevelt, an undefeated powerhouse that was also the opponent on Thursday. I couldn't find any details other than the very ugly box score. I wonder if DJB got into early foul trouble or maybe was injured. I hope it was not an injury.

Some stats from the matchup of #2 Roosevelt v. #6 Flowers:

Score 64-24.

Rebounds 41-7. Yikes!

DJB had 9 points and 6 boards.

DJB is a very athletic 6'2" forward and 2015 recruiting target.

Reaction Score
It was foul trouble that sidelined Boykin. She picked up 2 fouls early in the ist quarter and was forced to sit until midway into the 2nd quarter and then she picked up her 3rd right before halftime.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It was foul trouble that sidelined Boykin. She picked up 2 fouls early in the ist quarter and was forced to sit until midway into the 2nd quarter and then she picked up her 3rd right before halftime.
Thanks. They had no chance with DJB on the bench. The rest of the team garnered 1 rebound over 32 minutes. Unbelievable!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
your title had me thinking injury... glad to read that wasn't what you meant

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I always wonder about coaches who sit their star player because they get a couple of fouls and then they lose by a landslide. Why not play the star and use the fouls as they come? What are they saving them for, the trip back?

Reaction Score
I've been on the road scouting and I was on my way to the ACC tournament, but I did have a chance to stop by Flowers on wednesday evening, caught the tail end of a very good boys playoff game before the girls took the floor,

Boykin played a very good game for a player that has NO plays run for her, I had her with 24 points and 18 rebounds, and she plays both ends which I already knew from watching her over the last few summers

I was given a dvd, so if one of you young guys know to upload a dvd video to the BY let me know and I will upload it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom