Defining Success for UConn Football in 2014 (UConnBlog) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Defining Success for UConn Football in 2014 (UConnBlog)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You recruit potential. Success comes when potential is maximized by inspiration and instruction. The strength and conditioning piece is huge, too. Says something that Ollie brought in the Alabama women's gymnastics trainer and Boat credited him (Travis Illian) saying he knew they would win because he could see how tired the Kentucky players were. The table is set.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
This team went 3-0 the last 3 games with a shorthanded staff that knew it wasn't coming back. UConn has a good QB, and has talent at other positions. 5 wins is absolutely a disappointing season, and 7 or 8 wins is a very reasonable expectation.
I think so too, if Diaco has everyone buy in from the get-go and we avoid too many injuries adding up. Those things are not guaranteed and it may (or may not) be the case that we don't currently have the depth to recover from a string of bad luck. I am hopeful though.

Reaction Score
We need to beat BYU. Plain and simple. The entire country, starved for football, will all be watching. The Rent must be packed and rocking at kickoff. This is our dress rehearsal season. Lots of conference suits will be watching. And a win creates the mindset for season long success. We can't afford to blow it. Shame on all of us if we do.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
BYU is one of the 2 or 3 best teams on the schedule. I don't know if we will win that game, but I agree that I would really like to beat one of Cincinnati, Boise, BYU or UCF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom