December Recruiting Thread | Page 16 | The Boneyard

December Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If she is a quality post then I can't see her being a SF. She'll be wasted as a SF being predominately a perimeter player. If her shot isn't falling from the outside then she won't be in a position to offensive rebound, or be in a position to use her fine low post moves. And she'll allow a smaller player able to guard her on the outside. As a result her strength doesn't appear to be transition defense either so having her run back to defend faster wings on defense is not ideal.

AP is a definite PF. So if the other two of Ice and C are legit 5's that can also play 4- then you're talking something special.

Ducharme is set for SF and Fudd set for SG. Add in the above three players for the frontcourt you got something very special.
Toomey skills are far more likely to be maximized as a forward...........she's way too good of an outside shooter and ballhandler and runs the court well............at the high school level she can dominate down low................not sure that's going to be her strong suite in college.........Brady appears to be more of a banger although she too possesses an excellent shooting touch from mid range to the three point line.........if UConn was lucky enough to have them both plus Bueckers, Ducharme and Fudd it would an amazing collection of firepower.....

Reaction Score
She will play with DeBerry for two years. So that is Toomey, Brady, Patterson and DeBerry. Maybe Kitts will be there also.
So you’re saying she will be a 3 that can post up smaller defenders.

Reaction Score
Toomey skills are far more likely to be maximized as a forward...........she's way too good of an outside shooter and ballhandler and runs the court well............at the high school level she can dominate down low................not sure that's going to be her strong suite in college.........Brady appears to be more of a banger although she too possesses an excellent shooting touch from mid range to the three point line.........if UConn was lucky enough to have them both plus Bueckers, Ducharme and Fudd it would an amazing collection of firepower.....
If you are 6'5 - you cant let small players have the ability to guard you when you're shot is off. That was always a problem with KLS. If her shot was off - she was extremely limited. You have to learn to be able to also play some low post and punish the smaller player. It's harder to do it as a SF because the lane is more apt to be congested. And at 6'5 you also should be able to defend some low post unless you are a complete finesse player..

And would you agree Ducharme is a legit SF in college ball? Are you saying that C can guard a player like Ducharme better than a player that is more of a PF? Or in most cases a center? I'm just wondering how many centers from the 2021- 2024 class would whip C is she played Center defending at one end and she was the offensive center at the other?

And you would rather have C out on the perimeter defending than inside getting rebounds ?

Reaction Score
If you are 6'5 - you cant let small players have the ability to guard you when you're shot is off. That was always a problem with KLS. If her shot was off - she was extremely limited. You have to learn to be able to also play some low post and punish the smaller player. It's harder to do it as a SF because the lane is more apt to be congested. And at 6'5 you also should be able to defend some low post unless you are a complete finesse player..

And would you agree Ducharme is a legit SF in college ball? Are you saying that C can guard a player like Ducharme better than a player that is more of a PF? Or in most cases a center? I'm just wondering how many centers from the 2021- 2024 class would whip C is she played Center defending at one end and she was the offensive center at the other?

And you would rather have C out on the perimeter defending than inside getting rebounds ?
Toomey is only 6-3, same size as Brady and a couple inches shorter than DeBerry. I agree with you on the matchups. Toomey won't be defending the perimeter much at all unless matched up with a big who goes out there.

Reaction Score

My impressions are based on the videos we've seen and that's not enough to make any really firm conclusions except to say that Toomey is very skilled, especially for a 6'3"-6'4" player..........from the limited video I've seen, Toomey has a better midrange jump shot than KLS had and appears to be a better ballhandler although I'd like to see her play against a good defensive team to be certain......I think optimally she'd play at power forward but again I haven't seen her play defensively against a bigger, stronger player........I think Ducharme would be effective as either a shooting guard or small forward and I'm thinking Toomey could handle her defensively as Ducharme's not the quickest player on the court.........however there might be other guards/small forwards that could give her trouble.........

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If she is a quality post then I can't see her being a SF. She'll be wasted as a SF being predominately a perimeter player. If her shot isn't falling from the outside then she won't be in a position to offensive rebound, or be in a position to use her fine low post moves. And she'll allow a smaller player able to guard her on the outside. As a result her strength doesn't appear to be transition defense either so having her run back to defend faster wings on defense is not ideal.

AP is a definite PF. So if the other two of Ice and C are legit 5's that can also play 4- then you're talking something special.

Ducharme is set for SF and Fudd set for SG. Add in the above three players for the frontcourt you got something very special.
She will not be "wasted" at SF or anywhere else as long as Geno is coaching. AP is not a definitive anything. Caroline has played two good games in a UCONN uniform we are far from set at SF.

Reaction Score
My impressions are based on the videos we've seen and that's not enough to make any really firm conclusions except to say that Toomey is very skilled, especially for a 6'3"-6'4" player..........from the limited video I've seen, Toomey has a better midrange jump shot than KLS had and appears to be a better ballhandler although I'd like to see her play against a good defensive team to be certain......I think optimally she'd play at power forward but again I haven't seen her play defensively against a bigger, stronger player........I think Ducharme would be effective as either a shooting guard or small forward and I'm thinking Toomey could handle her defensively as Ducharme's not the quickest player on the court.........however there might be other guards/small forwards that could give her trouble.........
I agreed with you on another thread about wanting Williams 1st and C 2nd if we had to pick 1, but I think we all agree either would be super super. If we were to get both- I wouldn't be able to sleep with so much anticipation awaiting their arrival. Along with KA that would be crazy. :)

But I'd like to ask you about Ducharme? What do you think of her release? Looks like she can get off her shot with a chance to go in nay time she wants. She moves so well - I'm damn giddy about her.

Reaction Score
I agreed with you on another thread about wanting Williams 1st and C 2nd if we had to pick 1, but I think we all agree either would be super super. If we were to get both- I wouldn't be able to sleep with so much anticipation awaiting their arrival. Along with KA that would be crazy. :)

But I'd like to ask you about Ducharme? What do you think of her release? Looks like she can get off her shot with a chance to go in nay time she wants. She moves so well - I'm damn giddy about her.
yes I would be thrilled to see either one at UConn and to have both of them would be a fantastic coup for Geno &Co...........Ducharme has the ability to get that shot off quickly and like Bueckers and Fudd it always looks like it should go in.........if all three are fully healthy and get to play together later this season it should be bombs away!!!!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
So you’re saying she will be a 3 that can post up smaller defenders.
No, I am saying they will be on the team at the same time, for at least two seasons. four good front court players, and maybe Piath.

Reaction Score
So where does JJ play?

img_8403-57-jus_lg.jpg

Reaction Score

UT honestly seems like it will be a log jam of trying to figure out minutes between AE, AD, PG, AP, IB, and CT. All being highly touted coming out of high school it will be interesting to see how Geno is able to handle that.

Reaction Score
I’m wondering if the ‘uninspired’ play on Aayliah’s part is due to the appearance of Juhász’s through the transfer portal?
Reducing her minutes and limiting her opportunity to start?
The upward trajectory in her development has lessened dramatically.
I know she’s got it in her.

Reaction Score
1 why is this in the recruiting thread
2 Edwards started at the beginning of the year only the last 2 she did not start
3. less minutes is what you keep talking about with the early depth of the bench

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
I’m wondering if the ‘uninspired’ play on Aayliah’s part is due to the appearance of Juhász’s through the transfer portal?
Reducing her minutes and limiting her opportunity to start?
The upward trajectory in her development has lessened dramatically.
I know she’s got it in her.
Why would that bother her? She was the starter at the start of the season. Dorka would have limited minutes if AE played well.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
So where does JJ play?

img_8403-57-jus_lg.jpg
How good is this player, and what position does she play? Has UConn offered her a scholarship?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
How good is this player, how tall is she, and what position does she play? Has UConn offered her a scholarship?
Very very good she would probably be among 10 best players in NCAA WB. She is 6'2" plays PG on her National Team, SF and SG for Tony Parker's professional club team in France. Unknown if she will eventually play college basketball but she cannot go to the WNBA until she is 22 because she is American Born. Unknown if UCONN has offered her a scholarship. She is only 16 years old.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Why would that bother her? She was the starter at the start of the season. Dorka would have limited minutes if AE played well.
If I recall correctly, the starting 5 was the same that ended last year.
Aayliah first off bench for any big substitution.
And that situation did not last long.
Dorka now in before Aayliah.

Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, the starting 5 was the same that ended last year.
Aayliah first off bench for any big substitution.
And that situation did not last long.
Dorka now in before Aayliah.

the end of the year was PB, EW, CW, ONO and AE

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Don't think College is a part of her future based on this video.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yes, you see no interest in college ball in her. She's contemplating "full time" professional in France next year. Very poised, very selfassured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom