December Recruiting Thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

December Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Early sophomore highlights of Olivia Olson ('24):

Looks like she's filled out and added some serious strength to her game. I think she's probably the best player in the '24 class right now. Like Bueckers in HS she's so far ahead mentally and skills wise that she can dictate the pace of the game and never has to rush.

Reaction Score
Now that's good sleuthing. Decent odds it's her.
Dunmore uses Big Teams site. More and more of the schools are. Good way to search for players school. Maxpreps depends on users to update so not always accurate. Commits are Indiana, Cali, and Wisconsin. Brady playing in Phoenix, Arnold at home in WI., and he saw Patterson. Not sure who report is referring too.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/22

Kennedy Smith: 16 points

12/21

Britt Prince: 27 points, 8 boards, 4 assists, 3 steals

12/19

Hannah Hidalgo: 43 points

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sluconn: another possibility...the portal player from Princeton??

I don't know who that is. But the new report mentioned in the AP video thread says Geno was heading to Massachusetts. Only POI that we know of in that state is Cameron Rust, a '24.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
12/21

Ayanna Patterson played two in front of Geno.

23 points and 8 rebounds in game 1

17 points and 17 rebounds in game 2

Video later.
And the great thing about both of these recruits is neither one of them are magicians. :)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Jenica is in the 8th grade! The number of offers she has already received is mind-boggling.
I remember a few years ago that I read USC had offered a QB from Delaware in the 8th grade.
I thought that was absolutely nuts then and still think it is now. I love to follow recruiting but I do wonder if this is defined as 'progress'.

BTW...strictly FWIW...Jenica last year said that she had a 'dream school'....yes it was UConn.
The article does mention that UConn has started to show interest in Jenica...does NOT mention an offer from Geno.
Let's see... Geno is 67..would be 75 when Lewis graduates from college. I'd be delighted to sign for 8 more years from
Himself before his retirement.

BTW#2: should Jenica wind up in Storrs, she would have a one year overlap with KK Arnold [class of 2023]...and heavens knows who else she would have overlap years with [hopefully] elite 2023 kids...2024 kids...2025 kids.
That’s nice that UConn is her dream school, but let’s not get too excited just yet. In her freshman year Ashlon Jackson from Texas also said UConn was her dream school. She committed to Duke. Let’s temper our exuberance until the end of her junior year and see if she still wants to come to UConn.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't know who that is. But the new report mentioned in the AP video thread says Geno was heading to Massachusetts. Only POI that we know of in that state is Cameron Rust, a '24.
The portal player from Princeton is Abby Myers

Season 3 Smiling GIF by The Simpsons

Reaction Score

Very nice 6-0 guard. Since she's continuing to play, she's just playing out her senior season while shopping in the portal for a grad transfer next year?

Reaction Score

I can't imagine why she would want to go to Uconn. She's graduating from Princeton right and has almost no chance to play pro ball significantly. She may want to play somewhere in grad school at another Ivy or wherever she wants to go.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Wanted to point out this recent comment from 2024 Kennedy Smith. She's a sharp kid and sounds like someone, apart from basketball skills, that Geno would want.

This article also has more on the Nike TOC that involved Ice Brady and POI Jordan Lee and Breya Cunningham.

“It was kind of hard staying calm, because it was such a big crowd and everything, but we practice for these moments all the time. Even though we’re young, we still have that composure because we’ve all played up (in older divisions) our entire lives, so we know what we’re doing,” said Smith, who led Etiwanda with 53 tournament points.

“I live for this,” she continued. “Last year, I was kind of more of a big (scorer) on the team, but now that we have a whole bunch of scorers this year, it doesn’t have to depend on me. We can all be together and come together and that’s what makes us a great team.”

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I can't imagine why she would want to go to Uconn. She's graduating from Princeton right and has almost no chance to play pro ball significantly. She may want to play somewhere in grad school at another Ivy or wherever she wants to go.
Well then you are not very imaginative.
She is in the running for Ivy League POY and shooting well over 40% from deep=WNBA potential.
If she want to continue to play basketball after this season UCONN is the perfect spot to increase her WNBA potential.

Reaction Score
Wanted to point out this recent comment from 2024 Kennedy Smith. She's a sharp kid and sounds like someone, apart from basketball skills, that Geno would want.

This article also has more on the Nike TOC that involved Ice Brady and POI Jordan Lee and Breya Cunningham.

“It was kind of hard staying calm, because it was such a big crowd and everything, but we practice for these moments all the time. Even though we’re young, we still have that composure because we’ve all played up (in older divisions) our entire lives, so we know what we’re doing,” said Smith, who led Etiwanda with 53 tournament points.

“I live for this,” she continued. “Last year, I was kind of more of a big (scorer) on the team, but now that we have a whole bunch of scorers this year, it doesn’t have to depend on me. We can all be together and come together and that’s what makes us a great team.”

The big news here for us is that Ice Brady's team won in the 2nd division this year, after having major success there in earlier years as well. She is used to winning championships. There is a picture of her team in the article.

Reaction Score
She is in the running for Ivy League POY and shooting well over 40% from deep=WNBA potential.
If she want to continue to play basketball after this season UCONN is the perfect spot to increase her WNBA potential.
We will see won't we. Lots of players shoot 40% from the 3 point line who do not get a slot on a WNBA team and, by the way, she's a career .329 shooter from the 3 point line and is at .388 so far this year. She's a career .410 shooter overall, which is not good. Against top competition those numbers only go down. And graduating from Princeton is a license to be a millionaire by other means. Maybe she wants to take a year or 2 more to keep trying to do something she loves in the hope of a WNBA dream.

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
There's a 2025 MA kid Geno and Chris should be looking at -- Kaelyn Carroll -- but I don't know that Geno was heading to MA to watch her play.

I'm thinking this report isn't accurate.

Reaction Score
It would make a lot of sense for Geno to go to the Nike tournament. He seems to recruit mainly from USA Basketball and top teams. That tournament also had Ice Brady. I think he probably went to the tournament after Ayanna.

Reaction Score
Appears to be player with carreer goals that could be compliments by playing for an icon and competing for a national championship. Not sure she has WNBA talent but certainly could play for a team in Europe, perhaps making more in one European or Asian city than a few months in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom