Deandre Daniels | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Deandre Daniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We need solid offensive output from one of Daniels/Giffey/Kromah to have a chance of winning these upcoming games. If we get double digit points from 2 of the 3, or Boat goes off, I really like our chances of making a serious run. I expect Bazz to get his and Boat to put up decent numbers but when we get production from the 3/4 spot it's the difference between a win and a loss this year. Kromah hasn't shown much on the offensive end of things in awhile so I'm hoping Daniels and Giff really get it going starting Thursday

Reaction Score
I dont get DD at all. the kid should EASILY be 20 and 10 a night and he has shown flashes but he is so inconsistant.

20 and 10 on this team? No way. He needs the ball in his hands to score 20, and he plays with 2 scoring point guards who need the ball in their hands. 20 and 10? Not gonna happen. Not built for a 10 a night rebound effort. He's a 3 playing the 4. He's going up against guys who are 230-250 some nights. Not strong enough on those nights. We have seen him put in a good effort some nights and he gives us a lift on the boards.

But you are correct. Consistency is the key. If he could consistently be in that 12-15 pt, 7 reb range. That would be ideal. On many other teams out there he could average 21 a game. But the offense has to run through him.

Reaction Score
I dont get DD at all. the kid should EASILY be 20 and 10 a night and he has shown flashes but he is so inconsistant. its all in his head. he will be back next year and really needs to decide what type of player he wants to be.

Is there a single player in the country who averaged 20 and 10 for the season? The nation's leading rebounder averaged 11.5 a game. Jabari Parker is 19 and 8. You can say he should be a more consistent contributor but he's not going to "easily" do something that, as far as I know, no one's doing right now.

Reaction Score
He needs to take that FT line jumper EVERY SINGLE TIME.. it was there all night.. he should make that shot at about a 60% clip. Sometimes he would catch and they weren't guarding him tightly and he was basically looking for somewhere to pass. Then he finally take one and made it, then took another and missed it. But he needs to take that shot every time. That's like stealing.

Reaction Score
What do you consider garbage points? What time does this start?
I would classify garbage points as those achieved after the other team has given up or called off the dogs.
I wouldn't classify DD's points as garbage. Just wish he found his stroke earlier in the game.

Reaction Score
Is there a single player in the country who averaged 20 and 10 for the season? The nation's leading rebounder averaged 11.5 a game. Jabari Parker is 19 and 8. You can say he should be a more consistent contributor but he's not going to "easily" do something that, as far as I know, no one's doing right now.
ok to be more specific. he should be able to put up 20/10 from time to time and average somewhere near those numbers. better?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I would classify garbage points as those achieved after the other team has given up or called off the dogs.
I wouldn't classify DD's points as garbage. Just wish he found his stroke earlier in the game.
so from about 13:35 left in the 2nd half to the end of the game he scored 15 points and about 7 rebounds, that's garbage time? im glad he played hard for more than half of the 2nd half... him and brimah were the best ones out there... agreed it would be nice to get more involved earlier in the game but he needs to call for it and they need to look for him

Reaction Score
so from about 13:35 left in the 2nd half to the end of the game he scored 15 points and about 7 rebounds, that's garbage time? im glad he played hard for more than half of the 2nd half... him and brimah were the best ones out there... agreed it would be nice to get more involved earlier in the game but he needs to call for it and they need to look for him

Yes, when you're down 20, 13:00 is garbage time.

This kid was the most talented player on the floor even against L'ville. It's time for him to figure it out.

He has to decide if he's Rudy Gay or Stanley Robinson.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

This kid was the most talented player on the floor even against L'ville. It's time for him to figure it out.

that's where we'll disagree i dont think thats garbage time... if he can play like sticks did the second half of '09 that would be wonderful

caw

Reaction Score

And if Boat and Napier had hot their open threes it would have been cut to a 5-7 point game bc of Daniels play. That's not garbage time. UConn still had a very slim chance when he started hitting his shots.

Reaction Score
I felt like garbage time against Louisville started at about the 10 minute mark of the first half. That's basically when I abandoned any thought that they were going to win. Maybe earlier if we're being honest. Louisville just scored the ball so damn easily and it was like pulling teeth for UConn to put points on the board.

Reaction Score
Daniels is best when he doesn't have to dribble to score. When he catches it and shoots the 3 or cuts and gets the ball at the foul line he's money, when he tries to take his man into the post and dribbles anywhere it's a mess.

Reaction Score
Daniels may have the best one hand floater on the team yet he is a 6-10 power forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom