Deandre Daniels | The Boneyard

Deandre Daniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Out of all of the Huskies that I thought would be giving their all down the stretch Daniels was not one of them. Glad to see him showing some fight in this game after he has been relatively quiet the past couple games. Good sign heading into March Madness.

Reaction Score
I dont get DD at all. the kid should EASILY be 20 and 10 a night and he has shown flashes but he is so inconsistant. its all in his head. he will be back next year and really needs to decide what type of player he wants to be.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Garbage points. He did look good. But not when it counted.
There was a stretch, starting with about 12 minutes left in the game where he started hitting all of his shots (including a three and a tough two) and was the only offense we had. It was far more than merely garbage time points.

Reaction Score
He showed good shooting touch and a few nice moves, which is encouraging. But to say that garbage-time performance (and let's be honest, the last 15 minutes was entirely garbage time) is reflective of a newfound aggressiveness is a bit of a stretch.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Some may call it garbage time, I call it being the only guy on the floor who gave 2 $ hits once we went down by 20. Take him out of the equation and this becomes a much more embarrassing defeat.

Reaction Score
His talent is off the charts. Just on talent, he was the best player on the floor. But when it might have meant something he when 0-2 from the FT line.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Don't care how he finds it. Just care that he does. Hoping it translates.

Reaction Score
Needed him when the game counted.

He looks like he has no fire some times. Just floats out there.
Need him as a viable and consistent scorer to make a run in the tourney.

Reaction Score
If he plays like he did in the last ten minutes -- in the first ten minutes -- it opens the floor, gives teammates confidence, puts doubt in the opponents mind, forces the opposition coach to make adjustments, it changes the game.

In the last ten minutes, it gives the spread gamblers hope and means nothing pertaining to the outcome.

Reaction Score
3 games in this tournament, all vs. ranked teams

13 and 5 v. Memphis
14 and 9 v. Cinci
17 and 10 v. Ville

This is clearly not all garbage time. He is trending upward. He's a guy who depends on confidence and his confidence should be high because he is playing well. The criticism is getting tired when its not deserved.

Reaction Score
DD had 2 pts in the 1st half.

I like DD. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me that he contributes more on offense against a man-to-man defense than against a zone.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
They may have been garbage points but he's the reason we only lost by 10 instead of 25
a loss is a loss - he worked hard when lville backed off- if he worked hard rather than playing scared in 1st half things may have been different. he has talent but by far the biggest underachiever

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Some may call it garbage time, I call it being the only guy on the floor who gave 2 $ hits once we went down by 20. Take him out of the equation and this becomes a much more embarrassing defeat.
BS Brimah did

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
DD had a very good game and didn't back down after getting physically beaten up most of the game. He has physical limitations that make it tough for him to be successful, even more so in a slug fest like today (narrow hips give him a narrow base and he has a body type for which it is hard to put on good weight...hence it is easy for him to be bumped and pushed off balance). He is still a work in progress and I expect him to give us good performances like this going forward and be better next year.

Reaction Score
DD has looked good the last week or so. I got to give him credit as he has been consistent scorer the last 4 games. Too bad SN has looked like shut the last 4 games.

Reaction Score
Seems like his monster dunk turned things around for him, in which case the "it's all mental" view is spot on. I wish he was more alert and physical, especially on defense. I like him. We lost because we played poorly as a team. Lot's of criticism to go around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom