DD pass the ball | The Boneyard

DD pass the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It really irked me that Deandre didn't pass the ball ahead to Shabazz on his break away dunk in the first half. To me, it speaks volumes about his concept of team and his basketball IQ.

Reaction Score
You have to understand that it was a big game and they were winning against the #1 team. What would pump up fans even more a Bazz layup or a big Daniels dunk? If you ask me it's an easy answer.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
It really irked me that Deandre didn't pass the ball ahead to Shabazz on his break away dunk in the first half. To me, it speaks volumes about his concept of team and his basketball IQ.

This is definitely a WBB poster.

1. He's a crappy passer.
2. WHO GIVE A S..T, HE MADE THE DUNK

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
No one makes the cover of sports illustrated for an assist

Reaction Score
What I remember from this was the wtf look on Bazz'z face as why didn't you pass it to me. Hopefully all is forgiven and forgotten.

Reaction Score
Go back and look at the game again. That selfish act by DD changed to total affect of the team. Bazz's look said it all and it appeared the rest of the team went into a funk. Too much one on one and dribbling afterwards. I did not think we would beat UofL, but I was disappointed in our lack of focus after that play.

Reaction Score
Go back and look at the game again. That selfish act by DD changed to total affect of the team. Bazz's look said it all and it appeared the rest of the team went into a funk. Too much one on one and dribbling afterwards. I did not think we would beat UofL, but I was disappointed in our lack of focus after that play.

Is this a serious post?

Reaction Score

LOL. So the reason why Omar turned the ball over, Olander got abused inside, and Shabazz couldn't buy a basket was because they were all depressed by that play?

Yes, he should have passed the ball. But I'm willing to give Daniels the benefit of the doubt and bet that he didn't realize the trail defender was so close to him. I think he thought he had a clear path and figured it would be better to get the crowd riled up with a dunk than pass it ahead for a Shabazz finger roll. DeAndre is obvously not a selfish player.

Reaction Score
agree.

But I bet if he gave the ball to Bazz he would have gotten it back.

Why give the ball up when you have an easy dunk?

Bazz throws a lob that results in a turnover?

The fact we are posting about this is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
The fundamental play there is to throw the ball ahead - since you can see that Napier is way behind the defense, and you don't necessarily know who's gaining on you. But it wasn't a big deal - if he mistakenly thought he was in the clear and wanted to go for the dunk, it isn't a blight against his character.

I also think Napier's reaction wasn't so much that he wanted the ball for selfish reasons, it was more that he could see that the UL player was on DD's tail and knew there was a risk that he could be caught from behind for a foul (or a clean block in a worst case). Which he almost was. If DD wasn't being tailed, I think Napier would have happily stood aside.

Either way, no harm done. DD didn't know the guy was behind him and tried to get the crowd going with a dunk.

Reaction Score
DeAndre has to pass the ball ahead in that situation.. Even Raftery said he would have a problem with that. Although, I do believe Napier would've passed the ball right back to Daniels as he usually does on a break.. It probably will be addressed.

Reaction Score
Is there some team of trolls recruited by freescooter to bang on Ollie and the team? Ollie out coached by having a pretty average team overall talent wise within 3 of the #1 team in the country after 30 minutes of play (and refs letting it go to Louisville's advantage). Ollie doesn't light up the refs to get calls. Now DD's run out dunk 'caused team to go into funk. Waiting for the embarrassed guy from the can't break the press thread to be embarrassed about DD's play also. LV is good, they lost to Duke with their big center out.

Come on Free, call your boys off and just post your mid major crap.

You do remember that Uconn lost 80-59 to a not as good LV team last year and was out rebounded by 9 and had 15 turnovers. So getting outrebounded this year by 8 and having 17 turnovers and losing by double digits is not something you want to have happen, but when a good team plays better than you that is what happens. Oh, and last year at about the 30 minute mark Uconn was down 17 on its way to getting down 30 before cutting it to 21 at the end.

caw

Reaction Score
Best response is that Napier got blocked in the second half on a pass ahead breakaway.

Reaction Score

Funny sparky...........thanks for the laugh!:D

Reaction Score
I had zero issues with DD taking it all the way.....nice dunk for the crowd at the time too and if the referee had done his job it was an AND-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom