DC interview with Warde Manuel | Page 3 | The Boneyard

DC interview with Warde Manuel

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yankee Stadium seats 52,000 for football. That's smaller than an expanded Rentschler field which is designed for 55,000.

Next.

Well hopefully you tell us how the games played in an imaginary stadium in your head play out. I have no idea why a neutral site game is such a big deal to some of you. Look at the first few weeks of the season there are plenty of huge schools playing neutral site games all over the country.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
UMass can go screw. After all the trash they talked about UConn over the years why should we help them build their program? Bad enough The Rent is closer to their campus than their home field is.
Ok u can play buff or wm every year in front of 35 k and illplay umass in front of 55 k with a renew bball rival and them forever being stuck lower than us because we do the bcu thing to them to get back at that state. Fans get more hate built up and its a good rival game. They are close and eventually it will sell out quick. New england needs this type of thing to gain cf interest from the pop. Bcu didnt do it. They willsuffer 4 it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
NC State and TN - Atlanta
Navy and ND - Dublin
Clemson and Auburn - Atlanta
Alabama and Michigan - Dallas

I guess it's all stadium seating capacity - no other reason to play neutral site games.

pj

Reaction Score
NC State and TN - Atlanta
Navy and ND - Dublin
Clemson and Auburn - Atlanta
Alabama and Michigan - Dallas

I guess it's all stadium seating capacity - no other reason to play neutral site games.

No. Aviva Stadium in Dublin seats 51,700. Seating has nothing to do with it, this is an excuse for a TV spectacle. Dublin and the exotic architecture of Aviva makes a better backdrop for CBS.

The ACC-SEC matchups in Atlanta are not about the stadium, but about building interest in the largest TV market east of Dallas in their collective footprint, a city both conferences contest. http://www.stationindex.com/tv/tv-markets.

Reaction Score
what kind of leap did you take to figure that an expanded stadium means a Michigan type opponent every year? it can't hurt our chances but if you're expecting a 55k stadium to put a Michigan type team in Est Hartford every other year you're going to be very disappointed watching Buffalo and UMass in front of 15k empty seats.

the new reality is that no matter how many fans our stadium holds, games against BCS teams are going to be fewer and further between as they all increase their number of conference games. several teams, including Michigan, have basically said they're not playing any more away OOC games at all aside from ND.

Ummm - Michigan just signed a home and home w/ Utah that has Michigan going to Rice-Eccles Stadium (capacity 46k +/-) for a Thursday night game no less. Now, would that happen if the Utes were still part of the MWC instead of PAC pick a number, I'm not sure but times are changing regarding scheduling. I think everything is on the table.

Reaction Score
Well hopefully you tell us how the games played in an imaginary stadium in your head play out. I have no idea why a neutral site game is such a big deal to some of you. Look at the first few weeks of the season there are plenty of huge schools playing neutral site games all over the country.
Because I like my season tickets where they are. I paid a donation and for the tickets. If you're moving the quality opponents out o the Rent, why buy season tickets?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No. Aviva Stadium in Dublin seats 51,700. Seating has nothing to do with it, this is an excuse for a TV spectacle. Dublin and the exotic architecture of Aviva makes a better backdrop for CBS.

The ACC-SEC matchups in Atlanta are not about the stadium, but about building interest in the largest TV market east of Dallas in their collective footprint, a city both conferences contest. http://www.stationindex.com/tv/tv-markets.

No . That is what I was saying. People play neutral site games for reasons other than the stadiums are bigger. If Michigan and Alabama can - so can UConn.

Reaction Score
Because I like my season tickets where they are. I paid a donation and for the tickets. If you're moving the quality opponents out o the Rent, why buy season tickets?
I'm also paying the donation/tickets for four great seats in a great section at the Rent. I also want what's best for the program. I don't consider making a 180-mile round trip once every two years a Lewis & Clark expedition. Save yourself the cash and save us the pontificating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom