Dayton!!!!!!!! | The Boneyard

Dayton!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
If they played ANYBODY else and shot like that they would have been up 20 at halftime. And maybe never relinquished the lead. Tremendous effort by them.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Absolutely. In the first half, and I said it in the game thread, they beat UCONN at its' own game. They were just fantastic and Geno and UCONN were not only unable to make adjustments, but unable to stop them in the half. But I thought Geno made some terrific adjustments and I bet the team had a lot to do with it too. Do I wish we'd won by more? Not really - a challenge like that was just what we needed in the first half and the speed and intensity got better for UCONN in the 2nd half.

Jabir should be very very proud of his team. I think ANY program out there who is thinking about a new HC should speak to him immediately.

Reaction Score
They were a tough team, played fearless in the fist half. Stewie was everywhere.

Reaction Score
I thought I was watching a replay of the UConn/Stanford game during the first half. Couldn't miss a shot and tough drives to the hoop.
Wow, what a game. UConn's defense in the 2ns half and KML shooting saved the day.

Reaction Score
So I had a meeting to go to and got home in time for the start of the second half. Do I even want to view the replay of the first half?
Depends. I'd consult your doctor to find out if you're healthy enough for watching the first half. If you're over the age of 65, or have a heart condition, or take certain types of medication, use caution.

Reaction Score
Depends. I'd consult your doctor to find out if you're healthy enough for watching the first half. If you're over the age of 65, or have a heart condition, or take certain types of medication, use caution.
but they know the outcome... so it can't hurt to watch the first half

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Could not have scripted a better tune-up game than that.

Stick a fork in it...it's all over for anyone else (no real news here). No team (not named Dayton) left in this tourney is capable of shooting 70% from behind the arc for a half against us! They were unconscious! But it's a 40 minute game and every Dayton player had their hands on their hips at the end of the 1st half and was spent by that Herculean effort and the backside of the adrenaline rush.

Dayton! What an incredibly gutsy effort. So much respect for those players and their coach. Brilliant performance.

Reaction Score
So will this tough first half just pissed them off and just want to go out and crush everyone?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
UConn has had some challenges from big underdogs that had hot first halves in the Regionals during the 2000s, from UC Santa Barbara, Georgetown a while back, and then both BYU and Texas A&M last year. But the key has always been whether a team can keep up the energy for 40 minutes. The Huskies have not lost to a decided underdog since 1999 with Iowa State, reeling off 8 NCs in the period. Sometimes it's just that they need to make some adjustments and wait for the opponent to run low on gas and start missing shots. 21 point win, but it does feel like survive and advance, which is the key to being a champ.

Reaction Score
Come on UCONN fans. Let's hear it for Dayton! What an impressive team! Nothing but respect Dayton!
There already has been so much respect uttered in the UConn-Dayton game post. Remark after remark about how impressive their team was and I obviously totally agree that it was well earned. I think if they had played either Maryland or Tennessee instead of us, they'd be going to the Final Four. Tennessee and Maryland are stinking the joint out in the 2nd game. Embarassing display.

Reaction Score
Heck, Dayton looked more impressive than SC, Duke or ND.
Dayton played awesome. They deserve some Props.
Dayton took it to us. Glad we won, but it was a competive game. I forgot what competive games were like. Hopefully that's the last one! ;)

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
One of the more unusual UConn stats was just 13 assists on the 34 baskets for a team that has had a 62% assist on basket percentage. That is a testament to how problematic the Flyers' defense was even while giving up 91 points, disrupting the passing lanes and making UConn earn many of their baskets off of the offensive rebounds they grabbed and second effort.

Reaction Score
Heck yeah! They were fierce-less. I don't think my blood pressure can handle another half like that.

Reaction Score
There already has been so much respect uttered in the UConn-Dayton game post. Remark after remark about how impressive their team was and I obviously totally agree that it was well earned. I think if they had played either Maryland or Tennessee instead of us, they'd be going to the Final Four. Tennessee and Maryland are stinking the joint out in the 2nd game. Embarassing display.
True, but I felt it deserved its own thread. Hope that is okay

Reaction Score
Dayton alum here. So proud of my Flyers. Just got home from work so I missed the game, but my sister recorded it for me so I will watch the replay. After watching them play both KY and L'ville I too think they could have made it to the Final Four if they had played anyone else but UConn. Thanks for the kind words. The championship is your for the taking.

Reaction Score
I think they were the best team we played all year with ND a close second. Props to them, good team, and very entertaining to watch.
Did you forget Stanford? They were good enough to beat us.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
One of the more unusual UConn stats was just 13 assists on the 34 baskets for a team that has had a 62% assist on basket percentage. That is a testament to how problematic the Flyers' defense was even while giving up 91 points, disrupting the passing lanes and making UConn earn many of their baskets off of the offensive rebounds they grabbed and second effort.
Lots of baskets off of offensive rebounds.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Really? Have you watched UConn's and Stanford's respective seasons since that very early seismic anamoly? You've been drinking too much ESPN promo pablum my friend.

Reaction Score

No I did not forget Stanford. Dayton was better, difference being we were much much worse against Stanford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom