Dan Shaughnessy on WTIC(tunein) 3:3opm Monday | The Boneyard

Dan Shaughnessy on WTIC(tunein) 3:3opm Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I refuse to pay that man any more attention. He's already had way more than he deserves.

At the risk of greater scorn, he basically said he doesn't watch wcbb games, happened on the MSU game, noted the scored and wondered why anybody would. The response here, that this issue isn't worth a mention "is" the appropriate response. However, it would have been nice if the talk radio folks could have covered that point with the news guy.

Reaction Score
Haven't bothered to read his work for years. He has become a "negative" writer which I assume is garner readership. Go UConn women!!

Reaction Score
Shaughnessy occasionally stumbles onto a decent topic and does a pretty good job. (It is mostly by accident I fear.)

In this instance, though, he has confused us with people who may care what he thinks about a topic that he is ill equipped to address. It doesn't surprise us that a sports' writer, more experienced with covering teams from Boston that are abject failures, can't put UConn's tremendous success in proper perspective. I'll vote to give him a pass if he just goes away...

Reaction Score
I hope he doesn't have any daughters. For him to be consistent, he would have to tell them to not over perform and not make their competitors look bad. They shouldn't try to be their best because it's bad for business in general.

Reaction Score
I hope he doesn't have any daughters. For him to be consistent, he would have to tell them to not over perform and not make their competitors look bad. They shouldn't try to be their best because it's bad for business in general.
he does....one is a cancer survivor..

Reaction Score
he does....one is a cancer survivor..
Thanks...an excellent example why we should not prejudge anyone. Maybe we should end this discussion of Dan's Daughters.

The two points have nothing to do with one another. Kmoney made a good point about the way in which DS's girls should approach the sports they play, IF the family is going to be consistent with the DS point of view and attitude. The fact that one of his daughters is a cancer survivor is great news...but it has nothing to do with the point Kmoney made, nor should he refrain from making it due to that. They both played sports, as he said on the air, so it's entirely appropriate.

DS, an admitted casual fan of women's college bb, offered his unsolicited opinion of UConn's WCBB team to a national audience on Twitter. Consequently, he's offered everyone out there an opportunity to respond to it with their opinions. And, perhaps conveniently so, he never mentioned in the tweet that that this was just his opinion. Instead, he phrased it as a sweeping judgment. That's exactly what an attention-seeker who revels in having the spotlight shown upon him would do. I guess if you're a Boston sportswriter these days and feel like you're missing out on the excitement of the men's and women's tourneys with BC's fabulous runs being over with now... :rolleyes:, this is one way to deal with it, project yourself right into the center it and grab the attention away from the girls who truly deserve it! What a massive egotist!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Gresh might be coming around. Yesterday he admitted that if UConn won their 4th straight it would put them up there with the N. Dakota St. football team.

Reaction Score
He seems only to focus on the score of games rather than the game actually being played. Maybe he should actually watch the game sunday before continuing on this train wreck:rolleyes:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
The Celtics of old played below the rim. Good fundamentals, lots of passing, and much more. If he stopped long enough to forget about getting 10 seconds of fame, and more about how the game should be played, he might have realized the similarities b/w the Celts and UCWBB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom