Dan Hurley Gone ..!!! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley Gone ..!!!

Reaction Score
It took me a while, but I think I figured out what the “gb” in your handle stands for. Out of politeness I won’t spell it out.

Seriously, you’re one of the worst of the worst on here. Not sure how someone can be so miserable and negative 24/7/365. Seek help. Seriously.
You think he acts appropriately on the sidelines?? This is major college bball, not kindergarten. Until he gets a grip this will keep happening and it will cost us games like it almost did tonight. Good thing he has a solid lieutenant who stepped in and was masterful tonight.

He needs to learn how to control himself. If you can’t see that your just blind. I’m critical when it’s warranted. Sorry if your skin is too thin to handle it. Maybe you should try the women’s team where everything is rainbows and butterflies.

Reaction Score
Is it the ref's job to "look the other way"? Do you want a ref to "look the other way" when a foul/violation is committed?

Let me guess, you reffed a CYO game and a player got a technical for amping up the crowd and his father came out of the stands and punched him in the face and now that kid is the mayor of your town because of the lesson he learned.

If you’re a UConn basketball fan and you think that was a legit T - and Seth Davis disagrees with you - you are one strange kind of fan.

Reaction Score
Look the other way is the wrong term because there was nothing to look the other way from. Pumping up the crowd is not illegal.

The Ollie double tech against Louisville was a look the other way one as he was still arguing. This was not.

Refs need to be held accountable.

And honestly anyone criticizing him for the 2nd tech needs to too smh
Look, I am a proud UConn grad, and a former college basketball player. I bleed Blue and White. I officiated (high school, not college) basketball for 12 years. I do NOT praise or criticize referees lightly. I have found that on this blog there is an inordinate discussion of officiating, be it basketball, football or hockey. Officiating is difficult. In most gyms/arenas/stadiums the decisions we make will likely please 50% of the crowd while alienating the other 50%. It comes with the territory. We must accept that, or we would not subject ourselves to the inevitable criticism. We do it because we love the game, whether or not you believe it.

Reaction Score
Why? Is a potential technical foul less/more worthy of attention than a potential personal foul?

In this case yes, less. If you really thought that was worthy of a 2nd technical can’t help.

Reaction Score
Let me guess, you reffed a CYO game and a player got a technical for amping up the crowd and his father came out of the stands and punched him in the face and now that kid is the mayor of your town because of the lesson he learned.

If you’re a UConn basketball fan and you think that was a legit T - and Seth Davis disagrees with you - you are one strange kind of fan.

You can't make this stuff up

Look, I am a proud UConn grad, and a former college basketball player. I bleed Blue and White. I officiated (high school, not college) basketball for 12 years. I do NOT praise or criticize referees lightly. I have found that on this blog there is an inordinate discussion of officiating, be it basketball, football or hockey. Officiating is difficult. In most gyms/arenas/stadiums the decisions we make will likely please 50% of the crowd while alienating the other 50%. It comes with the territory. We must accept that, or we would not subject ourselves to the inevitable criticism. We do it because we love the game, whether or not you believe it.

Reaction Score
This from the Nova Board:
"what a joke...You can contend for titles or storm the court. You can't do both. Uconn made their choice."
Uconn -4
Villanova -3

Tell them go home

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Noone Cares GIF by Ryan The Creative

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It was bogus but he simply needs to control himself. Sanogo was doing everything to get him to stop and he just wouldn't stop. This is one of the most insane crowds I've ever heard, everyone is hammered.
Lol Fanta buying beers, Mora buying beers..

Reaction Score
The boys seemed to play with a fire after Hurley got kicked out. This was winning basketball tonight we really havent seen from this group yet. Hoping this shows them they can really win at this lev.
They were invested in the game from the jump

Reaction Score
Sometimes as a coach, you have to put it all on the line. The last thing a ref wants to do is throw a coach out of a game, but if the coach feels that he is not being heard, he's got to make a stand and force his team to grow up and respond.

The team responded, and now they know their coach will lay all on the line and when he does, they have to be ready. I'm just glad it happened now, than in the BE or NCAA tourney.

I think he sent the message to the refs as well.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I think Danny just gave Kimani a nice gift, and he did very well with it. Danny totally wanted that second T

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
It was bogus but he simply needs to control himself. Sanogo was doing everything to get him to stop and he just wouldn't stop. This is one of the most insane crowds I've ever heard, everyone is hammered.
Sanogo was trying for sure. No matter what your opinion is, we almost lost by the technical points. DH is racking up T's the last couple of games. Technicals cost a team points and the ball.

Reaction Score
Do fans see things through partisan eyes? Of course they do. Are refs unfairly criticized all the time? Damn right. Does Hurley need to control his emotions better? Absolutely.

But all that being said, there is a difference between a ref missing something with their eyes, which is unavoidable, and thinking they can call a T for something the coach has every right to do. The second T was shocking and unacceptable because he punished a coach for doing something that every coach and ref would say over coffee that a coach has every right to do.

Sometimes, one has to be willing to understand the important story and not get hung up on details. The story here is not whether or not Hurley should have been called for the first T. I admit I didn’t see it, but I assume he deserved it even if it was for an act that a ref might or might not call after blowing the non-foul call on Martin. The story here is that a ref gave a coach a second T for doing nothing more than something he has every right to do. Just like the story on Sunday was Howard throwing the punch, and not the detour some felt the need to take about whether the Wisconsin coach in any way contributed to the situation.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So I'm catching up on the second technical. Watching in a bar with no sound, my perception of it was different than what it was. We saw Hurley screaming expletives at the refs, seemingly even after the first T. Didn't see the firing up the fans part or hear that that caused the second T. So yeah, I thought he got it for continuing to jaw at them.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Disguised with a cigarette and mustache, I thought saw Hurley coaching from the tunnel.
Lol exactly what I was thinking. Could definitely see Hurley pulling a Bobby Valentine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom