Dakari Johnson, Jermaine Lawrence? | The Boneyard

Dakari Johnson, Jermaine Lawrence?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3149
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3149

Can someone explain to me why UConn didn't put all their eggs in these two baskets? If you see that we're missing a dominant big man, and there are 2 available from the state of new york, why are we not getting at least 1? Next year (assuming everyone stays), we will arguably have the best backcourt in the country. Why couldn't we get these big men to accompany them and potentially win a national title? i just don't get it. I want to point fingers at Warde Manuel and Susan Herbst for not giving ollie the contract, but i feel like the problem is bigger than that.

D

Deleted member 3149

and for the record, the dumbest thing i've ever seen UConn do is use a coach's visit on Jabari Parker. So useless man... what a joke.

D

Deleted member 3149

Are you a rouge pc fans trying to start shi*..?

no. a huge uconn fan who's had season tickets since 1990, and is wondering why we can't get these recruits. Is there something i'm missing (could be)

caw

Reaction Score
referring to what?

First how about you explain why Ollie going to visit the #1 recruit in the country is stupid. Second Dakari Johnson reclassified fairly recently and has been a Cuse lean for forever. UK and Georgetown are in the picture because one pays and the other has shown to be able to develop Bigmen. If Calhoun was around maybe UConn gets a look.

Lawrence, also has expressed zero interest in UConn.

If you want to complain at least complain about someone like Vonleh or Bell. Kids who had UConn as their first or at least top three choice when Calhoun was here.

D

Deleted member 3149

First how about you explain why Ollie going to visit the #1 recruit in the country is stupid. Second Dakari Johnson reclassified fairly recently and has been a Cuse lean for forever. UK and Georgetown are in the picture because one pays and the other has shown to be able to develop Bigmen. If Calhoun was around maybe UConn gets a look.

Lawrence, also has expressed zero interest in UConn.

If you want to complain at least complain about someone like Vonleh or Bell. Kids who had UConn as their first or at least top three choice when Calhoun was here.

i'm referring to them as well. You don't find it strange that we don't land these recruits. And you don't think this is Warde Manuel's fault for not giving KO a contract?

and you think that the Jabari visit was successful? He had us on his list for 2 weeks. Then, KO visits and we are cut off the list. WHY????? hmmm....because our coach doesn't have a contract.

For you to put me down and say "you can't be serious" makes you look like an idiot. I've been to 2 of the 3 final fours we have been in and have been to most home games since the 1990's. Based on my knowledge, we should be landing these recruits. When you say they have "no interest" and you try to look like you know what you're talking about, you sound dumb. What kid from NY who witnessed 3 uconn national championships in their lifetime wouldn't be "interested". Go yourself dude- or go become a providence fan by being complacent with an average team.

Reaction Score
i'm referring to them as well. You don't find it strange that we don't land these recruits. And you don't think this is Warde Manuel's fault for not giving KO a contract?

and you think that the Jabari visit was successful? He had us on his list for 2 weeks. Then, KO visits and we are cut off the list. WHY????? hmmm....because our coach doesn't have a contract.

For you to put me down and say "you can't be serious" makes you look like an idiot. I've been to 2 of the 3 final fours we have been in and have been to most home games since the 1990's. Based on my knowledge, we should be landing these recruits. When you say they have "no interest" and you try to look like you know what you're talking about, you sound dumb. What kid from NY who witnessed 3 uconn national championships in their lifetime wouldn't be "interested". Go **** yourself dude- or go become a providence fan by being complacent with an average team.

Thanks for the laugh, it's been a long day. Your post is hilarious.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

For you to put me down and say "you can't be serious" makes you look like an idiot. I've been to 2 of the 3 final fours we have been in and have been to most home games since the 1990's. Based on my knowledge, we should be landing these recruits. When you say they have "no interest" and you try to look like you know what you're talking about, you sound dumb. What kid from NY who witnessed 3 uconn national championships in their lifetime wouldn't be "interested". Go **** yourself dude- or go become a providence fan by being complacent with an average team.
If you're this excitable after one slightly OTT post, you're going to love being here. Caw thought you were flaming. He's one of the most knowledgeable guys in the forum. Get a lay of the land before blasting people. Just a suggestion.

Reaction Score

Slow down there big fella, a bit aggressive out of the gate. Air down the beer muscles we can just talk out any issues you've got.

Reaction Score
Mike- we were involved initially with all of the recruits you mentioned, but didn't make the final cut. In case you missed there has been an awful lot of stuff going on in the program between postseason ban, retired HOF coach, new coach without a a contract, and conference realignment.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Slow down there big fella, a bit aggressive out of the gate. Air down the beer muscles we can just talk out any issues you've got.
We've got to hook this dude up with southtampa!

D

Deleted member 3149

Mike- we were involved initially with all of the recruits you mentioned, but didn't make the final cut. In case you missed there has been an awful lot of stuff going on in the program between postseason ban, retired HOF coach, new coach without a a contract, and conference realignment.

of course, but should it really be the concern of future recruits? We're building a new facility and have 3 titles in the last 15 years under our belts. Calhoun is still involved in the program, and Ollie is a classy coach who is determined to succeed. Conference realignment is an issue, but at the end of the day we can still schedule games against the best. Why are these not selling points?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

Yeah - but did you sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
of course, but should it really be the concern of future recruits? We're building a new facility and have 3 titles in the last 15 years under our belts. Calhoun is still involved in the program, and Ollie is a classy coach who is determined to succeed. Conference realignment is an issue, but at the end of the day we can still schedule games against the best. Why are these not selling points?
JC is not part of the program. Huge KO supporter personally. But he is an unknown and competing coaches make sure recruits know it. It's a dirty business. And now the BE with all its traditions are defunct. The future scheduling is open to questioning. The contract has an impact but it isn't the total impact. This thing will take several years unless UConn ends in a better conference. I don't want to advise you to be patient. But I intend to.

Reaction Score

Of all the issues I mentioned KO not having a contract has been too much to overcome on the recruiting trail. Recruiting is a dirty game and I doubt any program has been recruited against more negatively than us.

caw

Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me why UConn didn't put all their eggs in these two baskets? If you see that we're missing a dominant big man, and there are 2 available from the state of new york, why are we not getting at least 1? Next year (assuming everyone stays), we will arguably have the best backcourt in the country. Why couldn't we get these big men to accompany them and potentially win a national title? i just don't get it. I want to point fingers at Warde Manuel and Susan Herbst for not giving ollie the contract, but i feel like the problem is bigger than that.

How the hell do the two bolded sentences correlate? Or the two bolded and underlined?

So you reference two kids and say UConn should have put all it's eggs in their baskets, but you are also referring to two completely different kids. WTH.

What the hell do you mean by the statement, "the problem could be bigger than that"? Your implication is that Ollie sucks as a recruiter in the first post, in the second you blame it all on Warde. Make up your mind and write it out clearly (hell HFD makes more sense).

Listen, congrats on going to 2 of the final fours. That is wonderful. I don't think I questioned your "fandom" but honestly you are the one who isn't making any sense. I am not a mind reader. Either say what you mean or STFU when someone calls you out for your statements that make no sense.

I also can't read Dakari Johnson or Lawrence mind but I am capable of logical reasoning and do follow high school hoops in NYC quite a bit. They maybe had UConn in their top 20s at best. I don't think either had UConn in their top 10's. It's been quietly whispered for awhile in NY that Johnson was a huge Cuse lean and Lawrence liked Cuse also. Neither have been big on UConn. Why? Again I'm not a mind reader and I don't stalk players. I talk to people that coach in high school down here and occasionally go see a game or watch it on TV if it's big enough.

and for the record, the dumbest thing i've ever seen UConn do is use a coach's visit on Jabari Parker. So useless man... what a joke.

The you can't be serious remark was mainly in regards to the Jabari visit. If the number one kid asks to see you, you go. It's never a waste at the time. Sure you can call it one now, but you can call any visit Ollie made that didn't pan out a waste by that logic. It's an incredibly Monday-morning quarterbacking comment.

caw

Reaction Score
If you're this excitable after one slightly OTT post, you're going to love being here. Caw thought you were flaming. He's one of the most knowledgeable guys in the forum. Get a lay of the land before blasting people. Just a suggestion.

I actually didn't think he was flaming, I just thought it was a silly post. Unless he has information that either of those two guys were ever remotely interested in UConn or knew Parker was never going to pick UConn, it's a silly post.

caw

Reaction Score

This is more clear and concise. They are selling points. The issue is partially the contract but it really wasn't with those two (at least Johnson).

Maybe Johnson wakes up one day and changes his mind, but for some reason he grew up a Cuse fan. Kids do that I don't know if it's family, friends, or what that influenced him (not in a negative way at all) but he's loved Cuse for a long, long time.

Lawrence's situation I know less about but before they filled out their list, he supposedly loved Cuse also.

D

Deleted member 3149

I actually didn't think he was flaming, I just thought it was a silly post. Unless he has information that either of those two guys were ever remotely interested in UConn or knew Parker was never going to pick UConn, it's a silly post.

i understand where you're coming from. That being said, Ollie should have used that time to meet with more realistic recruits such as the ones mentioned (that's just my humble opinion). I respect Caw a ton, and have actually read several of his posts on here. I'm not trying to pick fights, but I am a pretty upset UConn fan right now. I want the program to continue to succeed, and so far, this has been the worst year to be a fan. I guess it's not as bad as being a mets fan though, right? I guess this is my boneyard initiation haha

D

Deleted member 3149

This is more clear and concise. They are selling points. The issue is partially the contract but it really wasn't with those two (at least Johnson).

Maybe Johnson wakes up one day and changes his mind, but for some reason he grew up a Cuse fan. Kids do that I don't know if it's family, friends, or what that influenced him (not in a negative way at all) but he's loved Cuse for a long, long time.

Lawrence's situation I know less about but before they filled out their list, he supposedly loved Cuse also.

let's be honest, who would ever want to grow up a cuse fan? ...gross

Reaction Score
Mike we have no long term coach and we are in the BE which is the new cconference USA... we are banned from the tourney and cincy will probably get the invite before us to the acc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom