Daily Face Palm Thread - Today's Courant Article | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Daily Face Palm Thread - Today's Courant Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ruskin,

Where are you getting this Larry McHugh stuff? He hasn't been a high school coach for 25 years. While he might favor Pasquoloni, from what I know of the guy he very definitely favors winning more. And this isn't Mississippi or somehwere. He's chairman of th eBd of Trustees, but he is the wrong party and won't be interfering in this too much.

Reaction Score
ruskin,

Where are you getting this Larry McHugh stuff? He hasn't been a high school coach for 25 years. While he might favor Pasquoloni, from what I know of the guy he very definitely favors winning more. And this isn't Mississippi or somehwere. He's chairman of th eBd of Trustees, but he is the wrong party and won't be interfering in this too much.

Disagree. He lobbied for P hard with Hathaway (just as guilty of ignoring Burton, BTW) and his ties are still strong with the old boys like Marinelli who have speaking up for P in the past week. IMO, there's been too many "highly placed sources say PP will return" stuff out there during the bye week for McHugh not to be one of the sources. If that's not true, some enterprising Horde guy should get him on the record to say "I will not participate in the AD or president's evaluations of the football coach".

Folks can take cheap shots at the South all they want, but at least no one down there puts any stock in what their HS football coaches think about the job the coach at the flagship state U is doing.

Reaction Score
What's this place gonna be like in the OFF-season when no changes have been made and there are no games to divert out attention??

This
smiley-killing-himself.gif

Reaction Score
Just came across this New Haven Register photo from last week's Xavier at Hillhouse game . . . Person in middle not ID'd. Can't tell for sure it's BOT chair. Anybody else wanna hazard a guess?

doc508af42c383e8614370404.jpg

Reaction Score
That's not McHugh. Looks like an "X" on the guy's hat though. Probably associated with Xavier.

Reaction Score
Just came across this New Haven Register photo from last week's Xavier at Hillhouse game . . . Person in middle not ID'd. Can't tell for sure it's BOT chair. Anybody else wanna hazard a guess?

This photo must be captioned.

Reaction Score

"Goddam it Paul! I will wear my Syracuse tie and you'll like it!"

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Yeah that's not McHugh.

But it is the crowd waiting for the early bird special at Denny's on a late Wednesday afternoon somewhere in Florida.

Oh actually, I just recognized two of those men; they are UConn's football coaches.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone has a problem with.a pro set offense. Nor would.anyone argue that our passing offense looks better than it has recently, minus a few early season int's.

The WTF is going on around here cries are coming from the complete collapse of the oline play and running game along with consistently getting owned in the second half.

Someone else posted that of you're at the bottom of big east then you're at the bottom of major college football. While not completely accurate (Hi BC!) it is way to close to be casual about the state of the program.

This is the level of play people predicted for our first few years of FBS, not.following two BE titles and a BCS appearance.

Other than the weight of the oline, I don't see a dropoff in talent from.past years that what we are seeing.

I have a problem with the pro-set. If you aren't a traditional power it is neatly impossible to consistently recruit the players you need to run a top-notch pro-stlye offense. There is a reason half the teams in the nation run some form of spread or option offense.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Would love to see them canned before Cincy game,almost a surefire win team would be juiced with their new found freedom to move the ball.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Pull my finger?

That's a good one. I was going to say "I'm not a proctologist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express." I like yours better.

Reaction Score
We are all going nuts about this IN season... What's this place gonna be like in the OFF-season when no changes have been made and there are no games to divert out attention??

That's when the rest of those holding back what they really think start to erupt.

Reaction Score

GDL - "so we're up in SYR last week, getting pounded by 3 TDS and I'm thinking - "we can still win this one, OK... 'Lyle, take the ball and pound it up the middle OK!!!'"
PP - ((gosh, good ol' Georgie.... still got it, after all these years... he needs more responsibilities on this offense!))
Guy in Middle - ((these clowns should have been put out to pasture YEARS ago! Guess that blind Sicilian loyalty keeps 'em in the game somehow...))

Reaction Score
GDL - "so we're up in SYR last week, getting pounded by 3 TDS and I'm thinking - "we can still win this one, OK... 'Lyle, take the ball and pound it up the middle OK!!!'"
PP - ((gosh, good ol' Georgie.... still got it, after all these years... he needs more responsibilities on this offense!))
Guy in Middle - ((these clowns should have been put out to pasture YEARS ago! Guess that blind Sicilian loyalty keeps 'em in the game somehow...))
I think Deleone is telling them that it isn't too late to catch the breakfast special at Denny's.

P & D, = Pathetic and Delusional. Pathetic in the coaching/offense this year, and Delusional in the things they say to the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom