Cue "Layla", Henry Hill dead at 69 | The Boneyard

Cue "Layla", Henry Hill dead at 69

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Goodfellas might have the best soundtrack ever.

I'd put it up there with Good Morning Vietnam and Forrest Gump for best soundtracks.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I was just doing research on him a few days ago! There was another movie that was written by the wife of the writer of the good fellas that starred Steve Martin and the guy from Honey I shrunk the kids. Blue Heaven? I think it was a comedy that was loosely based on Henry's life while being in the Witnedd Protection Agency.

Reaction Score
One of my all time favorite movies ( Goodfellas )... RIP to the real Goodfella

Reaction Score
Great movie.Let's not forget Henry Hill's roll in the BC point shaving scandle. Couldn't resist.

Reaction Score
This is making me wanna pull out the old Goodfellas DVD

Reaction Score
I was just doing research on him a few days ago! There was another movie that was written by the wife of the writer of the good fellas that starred Steve Martin and the guy from Honey I shrunk the kids. Blue Heaven? I think it was a comedy that was loosely based on Henry's life while being in the Witnedd Protection Agency.
Yeah , it was My Blue Heaven. Rick Moranis and Joan Cusack were in it. Not a great flick.

Reaction Score
Poor Henry, no longer describing anyone as "funny". One of the greatest scenes.

Reaction Score
Goodfellas might have the best soundtrack ever.

I'd put it up there with Good Morning Vietnam and Forrest Gump for best soundtracks.
Best Soundtracks is a great topic.

Excluding movies about music* not sure I'm on board with you on GMV and Forrest Gump partiuclarly the latter that strikes me as a kind of Big Chill too cute soundtrack and retroactively its hard to like Forrest Gump since it won best picture OVER Shawshank and Pulp Fiction. Uhh...whoops.

I'd go with a top 3 of The Graduate, Pulp Fiction and indi pick Garden State.

This also excludes movies like Jaws, Star Wars or Close Encounters or The Sting that had 'scores' specifically written for the movies as opposed to compiling songs from various artists.

Props though as Layla might be the best pairing of a pre-existing song with the overall theme of a movie. The ebbs and flows of that song just perfectly captured the highs and lows for Henry Hill.

* So this excludes not only musicals (ex. Grease), band movies (A Hard Days Night, Purple Rain, 8 Mile) but also movies such as favorites of mine Almost Famous, Singles and High Fidelity that were really about music. Also throw Saturday Night Fever & Footloose into this bag even though neither was necessarily solely about music just cuz their songs are now more cheesy than classics.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Best Sountracks, IMO

1. Goodfellas
2. Good Morning Vietnam
3. Forrest Gump

Kinda strange that the three of us are on the same wavelength here. Not exactly 3 flicks with a ton in common (other than being awesome).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom