The Virginian
Reaction Score
Gotta like that :)

Top 4 picks in order:

1. Sun
2. Shock
3. San Antonio
4. Liberty

Will they go with Chiney, to complement Tina in the post, assuming Tina stays?

Or Sims, a dynamic PG in a guard-oriented game? (more than in the past)

I would still pick Chiney but could be convinced to go with Sims based on what happens the rest of this NCAA season

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
That is awesome. Really hard not to chose Chiney. On the court and off, a very high quality person. That said, depending on who the Sun can convince to come back next summer, there could be other options. The Tina question must be resolved in order to make sense of this.

Reaction Score
I tend to agree that Chiney is likely to be the first pick, with or without Tina, but Odyssey Sims would also fill a need, especially if Kara Lawson retires or otherwise moves on, cuz much as I love Renee I don't think she can handle the point position all by herself. Who the Sun pick may have a lot to do with what moves they are able to make during the off season in the way of trades or free agent acquisitions.

As it stood at the end of last season, the Sun could get all 4 top picks and still not be very good. :(

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
The Tina question must be resolved in order to make sense of this.
I think the collective bargaining agreement has to come first. Wonder how messy that will get. Personally, I just hope Stef and Bria go to good fits.

sTu

Reaction Score
They might trade #1 for #2 and a pick/draft choice if Detroit has a strong preference.

Reaction Score
I would trade the 1st pick for 2 solid starters. CO is a very good player but not a franchise one (IMO). While Sims is a very good player and probably will do very well, I do have some concerns about her ability to get to the basket on the WNBA level so again I'll go with a trade.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I would trade the 1st pick for 2 solid starters. CO is a very good player but not a franchise one (IMO). While Sims is a very good player and probably will do very well, I do have some concerns about her ability to get to the basket on the WNBA level so again I'll go with a trade.

The good thing about Sims is that she can hit the three, take it off the dribble, has a nice floater and can also get to the rim. It is not as if she only scores by getting to the basket. I would be more concerned by CO's ability to make a shot from 15 feet since she will probably be playing the 4.

Reaction Score
The good thing about Sims is that she can hit the three, take it off the dribble, has a nice floater and can also get to the rim. It is not as if she only scores by getting to the basket. I would be more concerned by CO's ability to make a shot from 15 feet since she will probably be playing the 4.
I have to agree that I think CO is quite limited offensively. She's a dynamic athlete and relentless rebounder but her offensive skills live a lot to be desired.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Depending on the Sun's feelings, it might come down to immediate impact. Which player has the more immediate impact, if you are not going to trade for a proven commodity?

I'm no expert, so others can argue it out. Traditionally, point guards have a tough transition to the pros, however, CO will - as ETT says - be in a 4 spot.

Reaction Score
Any thoughts about Thomas, she has more range than Chiney, a better "pro" game, and could play either 3 or 4.

Reaction Score
Any thoughts about Thomas, she has more range than Chiney, a better "pro" game, and could play either 3 or 4.
I really like Thomas and think she'll have a great career in the WNBA but I think you can trade down to get her. Not sold on CO because of her limited range and worried about Sims size (5'7).

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
DriveLH said:

I think AT is the #3 pick

Reaction Score
I am not a Chiney fan on the court. She struggles against elite competition and the WNBA has elite players every night....If I am looking for an all around quality Post player, I take Stef

Lets see who comes out and what are the SUN's immediate needs that might be different today than in April...

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
One of these days the Shock will get that Number 1 pick...

They could potentially get two great college level point guards in back to back drafts...

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Previously it was rumored that the Sun had a trade lined up (once the collective bargaining agreement is finalized) to trade Tina to the Sparks for Nneka. This opens up the possibility of a reunion of the O sisters in Connecticut. If Asjha also returns, that would leave the Sun with a pretty good front court. With that front court (supported by Kelsey Griffin off the bench), and a backcourt in which Renee, Kelly, and Alison Hightower share most of the time, I would think that the Sun could be a playoff team at least. Assuming, of course, that everyone stays healthy.

Reaction Score
Don't forget the Sun traded their second round pick for Kayla Pedersen.....

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Ugh. Another one who likes to imagine slights unexpressed between the lines. Please people, just read the words and don't add your own back stories to feel self-righteous.

Let posters post as they wish, and let The Mod Squad do their job.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Let posters post as they wish, and let The Mod Squad do their job.

Mods have little or nothing to do with this sort of thing... no one broke any rules to my knowledge (except the unwritten, non-Boneyard one about not pissing me off). When people put words in my mouth or imply that I have somehow impugned the character of a player who was not even mentioned in the post, I feel obliged to speak out.

-30-

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Mods have little or nothing to do with this sort of thing... no one broke any rules to my knowledge (except the unwritten, non-Boneyard one about not pissing me off). When people put words in my mouth or imply that I have somehow impugned the character of a player who was not even mentioned in the post, I feel obliged to speak out.

-30-

sure...I understand, and like your humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom