Crystal Dangerfield is the 2016 Morgan Wooten POY (merged) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Crystal Dangerfield is the 2016 Morgan Wooten POY (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Somebody tell me. What is Cox & Joyner's point average for this season? Please.

Reaction Score
I thought she was 5'4", so she's literally grown 2" right before my eyes.

Matters little. Moriah is generously listed at 5'7" yet she somehow manages.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
ND recruits as well as we do. They get great talent like Diggins, Loyd, McBride and Turner and they regularly supplement them with outstanding role players like the Mabrey's and Madison Cable. Until Stewie arrived we did not display a competitive advantage over them (in fact we lost 7 of 8 at one point).

Both sides cringe when the other lands a player that was hotly contested, but we haven't out-recruited the Irish; we've outplayed them with Stewart. Let's wait until we see what happens with Walker and the next few bigs before we (BY's) get too jazzed about our upcoming recruiting classes being more impressive than anyone else's.

Come next year ND will have as much talent as anyone. Four or five teams will assume that they are better equipt to win it all than we are, and we will get great satisfaction out of beating a few of them.

But that's next year, six games from now.

Well put. I see that Jackie Young. one of our 2016 recruits, just won the 2016 Naismith Award, so ND and UConn are having victories even before our players put on their official college uniforms.

Congrats to both Crystal and Jackie. Look forward to UConn and ND's new players (Erin Boley will join Jackie Young and the returning-from-injury Ali Patberg, as Orangutan brought up). Should be fun to see how the new iterations our respective teams go at it in 2015-2016. Until then, there's March 2016!

Reaction Score
Well put. I see that Jackie Young. one of our 2016 recruits, just won the 2016 Naismith Award, so ND and UConn are having victories even before our players put on their official college uniforms.

Congrats to both Crystal and Jackie. Look forward to UConn and ND's new players (Erin Boley will join Jackie Young and the returning-from-injury Ali Patberg, as Orangutan brought up). Should be fun to see how the new iterations our respective teams go at it in 2015-2016. Until then, there's March 2016!
http://espn.go.com/espnw/sports/art...cruit-jackie-young-named-naismith-player-year

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Somebody tell me. What is Cox & Joyner's point average for this season? Please.

According to MaxPreps, Cox: Scoring - 21.8, Rebounding - 12.7
According to Dallas papers (through January): Joyner: Scoring - 24.9 (Maxpreps didn't have season averages when I checked)
and out of (my) interest...
According to MaxPreps: Erin Boley: Scoring - 24.2, Rebounding - 10.5

Reaction Score
According to MaxPreps, Cox: Scoring - 21.8, Rebounding - 12.7
According to Dallas papers (through January): Joyner: Scoring - 24.9 (Maxpreps didn't have season averages when I checked)
and out of (my) interest...
According to MaxPreps: Erin Boley: Scoring - 24.2, Rebounding - 10.5

Thanks for the information

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

When the readers turn to page 5C to read the full article, they will see what university she chose. A few folks may mutter some unprintable thoughts. :D

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
ND recruits as well as we do. They get great talent like Diggins, Loyd, McBride and Turner and they regularly supplement them with outstanding role players like the Mabrey's and Madison Cable. Until Stewie arrived we did not display a competitive advantage over them (in fact we lost 7 of 8 at one point).

Both sides cringe when the other lands a player that was hotly contested, but we haven't out-recruited the Irish; we've outplayed them with Stewart. Let's wait until we see what happens with Walker and the next few bigs before we (BY's) get too jazzed about our upcoming recruiting classes being more impressive than anyone else's.

Come next year ND will have as much talent as anyone. Four or five teams will assume that they are better equipt to win it all than we are, and we will get great satisfaction out of beating a few of them.

But that's next year, six games from now.
and ZERO titles... well the did get the Big East title

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Im sure this was posted but its my first time taking a peek at her, its going to be very important over the next few years. Do you see the GUNS on her geeesh

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Im sure this was posted but its my first time taking a peek at her, its going to be very important over the next few years. Do you see the GUNS on her geeesh

She has more muscle than Moriah, especially at a comparable age. She can take the ball into the paint, absorb contact, and score. In fact, she can score from anywhere and, like Mo, is excitement personified.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
and ZERO titles... well the did get the Big East title

Point well understood. Just for the sake of accuracy, one national title in 2000-2001.
Back to our regularly scheduled post. ;)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Point well understood. Just for the sake of accuracy, one national title in 2000-2001.
Back to our regularly scheduled post. ;)
we're talking of the 7 of 8 era... not olden day titles :rolleyes:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
we're talking of the 7 of 8 era... not olden day titles :rolleyes:

To paraphrase a wizard, "why didn't you say so in the first place?" :)
Geez, for those of us of a certain age, I'd hate to think of 2001 as being prehistoric, although the children I brought to see the Irish's ACC games are all now adults and point guard Niele Ivey is an asst. coach and mother of a teenage boy.

In any case, here's to the Tourney starting next week...this has seemed like a long wait!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
To paraphrase a wizard, "why didn't you say so in the first place?" :)
Geez, for those of us of a certain age, I'd hate to think of 2001 as being prehistoric, although the children I brought to see the Irish's ACC games are all now adults and point guard Niele Ivey is an asst. coach and mother of a teenage boy.

In any case, here's to the Tourney starting next week...this has seemed like a long wait!
I was just follow the thread and responding accordingly, I know of Ruth Riley

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I was just follow the thread and responding accordingly, I know of Ruth Riley

Touche. Ruth, Niele Ivey and our sharp-shooting guard Alicia Ratay were the iron players of that team. Went to see them in Walsh Gym at Seton Hall and you were virtually on the court. Miss the old Big East in that respect (plus, I could go see the games in person!)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Touche. Ruth, Niele Ivey and our sharp-shooting guard Alicia Ratay were the iron players of that team. Went to see them in Walsh Gym at Seton Hall and you were virtually on the court. Miss the old Big East in that respect (plus, I could go see the games in person!)
I like Ivey more so now than back in 2001 ;)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She has more muscle than Moriah, especially at a comparable age. She can take the ball into the paint, absorb contact, and score. In fact, she can score from anywhere and, like Mo, is excitement personified.

Dangerfield appears to be the quintessential point guard. She has won too many local, state and national awards to not be the player she is advertised to be. UConn Nation is lucky she wants to be a husky. I don't think Crystal will be a roll player. She's starting 5 material.

I don't want to get ahead of myself. This season is not over yet. Several top 10 schools appear to be closing the gap that UConn now enjoys.
A bumper crop recruiting year has yielded some strong blue chip talent. The rich have gotten richer. Look for the elite programs to remain elite while building up their troop strength. The top 6-7 programs all had a good to excellent recruiting year. The question is how long it will it take for the newcomers to make the transition to college ball, and how long will it take for them to make a significant impact on their program.

Last edited:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
you used roll wrong 3 times... its "role", sorry I rather tell you than let Kib drop the hammer with a 3 paragraph essay on it :D

(see that its been cleaned up :oops:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc