Crystal Dangerfield is the 2016 Morgan Wooten POY (merged) | The Boneyard

Crystal Dangerfield is the 2016 Morgan Wooten POY (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Wow! Congrats to Crystal!! Well done!

Prior winners include Maya, Stewie, and Lou. That just about says it all!

We look forward to seeing you next year. You will be overwhelmed with affection from HuskyNation.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Sweet !!!!

And I love the [appropriate] reference to royalty ! :p

"Dangerfield, a 5-foot-6 point guard at Blackman (Murfreesboro, Tennessee), a McDonald's All American and the heir apparent to Moriah Jefferson in Storrs . . ."

crown.jpg

Reaction Score
Note that this award focuses on "character, leadership and the values of a student-athlete in the classroom." Crystal's skills as an athlete are a bonus. It is so consistent with UConn's philosophy of seeking student-athletes who are, above all, good people.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Fabulous! But do you hear that grinding sound in the background? I think it's the sound of Muffet McGraw grinding her teeth! Grrrrrrr!!!!!

Congrats to Ms. Dangerfield, very well deserved by all accounts.

Don't worry, Muffet also has a HS All-American point guard who won a national HS player of the year award (Ali Patberg)...

Reaction Score
There will NEVER be another Moriah Jefferson, period, and comparing anyone to her, particularly a high school senior, is just really unfair. BUT Crystal Dangerfield does seem to have the incredible skill sets and the boundless determination to be able to create her own unique identity and successes at UConn.

Crystal Dangerfield is going to be a very special Husky.

Reaction Score
Crystal Dangerfield is going to be a very special Husky.
Fabulous! But do you hear that grinding sound in the background? I think it's the sound of Muffet McGraw grinding her teeth! Grrrrrrr!!!!!

More likely it's a despondent Tennessee fan on suicide watch, knowing that the Orange Slush had lost an incredible talent, a super point guard, to those hated UConn Huskies. The worst part for UT (and the best part for me)- it's a young girl who lives right in their own dang backyard. :D Ouch!

Reaction Score
Fabulous news! Congratulations to Crystal and we can't wait til you graduate and becomes an official Husky!! Has she grown? Iirc, wasn't she 5'5" last fall? This bears investigation unless I'm getting too senile to remember such things.

HGN

Reaction Score
Congrats to Crystal..................This Award was rightfully earned. Not Given.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Fabulous news! Congratulations to Crystal and we can't wait til you graduate and becomes an official Husky!! Has she grown? Iirc, wasn't she 5'5" last fall? This bears investigation unless I'm getting too senile to remember such things.
I thought she was 5'4", so she's literally grown 2" right before my eyes.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Ms. Dangerfield, very well deserved by all accounts.

Don't worry, Muffet also has a HS All-American point guard who won a national HS player of the year award (Ali Patberg)...
ND recruits as well as we do. They get great talent like Diggins, Loyd, McBride and Turner and they regularly supplement them with outstanding role players like the Mabrey's and Madison Cable. Until Stewie arrived we did not display a competitive advantage over them (in fact we lost 7 of 8 at one point).

Both sides cringe when the other lands a player that was hotly contested, but we haven't out-recruited the Irish; we've outplayed them with Stewart. Let's wait until we see what happens with Walker and the next few bigs before we (BY's) get too jazzed about our upcoming recruiting classes being more impressive than anyone else's.

Come next year ND will have as much talent as anyone. Four or five teams will assume that they are better equipt to win it all than we are, and we will get great satisfaction out of beating a few of them.

But that's next year, six games from now.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
ND recruits as well as we do. They get great talent like Diggins, Loyd, McBride and Turner and they regularly supplement them with outstanding role players like the Mabrey's and Madison Cable. Until Stewie arrived we did not display a competitive advantage over them (in fact we lost 7 of 8 at one point).

Both sides cringe when the other lands a player that was hotly contested, but we haven't out-recruited the Irish; we've outplayed them with Stewart. Let's wait until we see what happens with Walker and the next few bigs before we (BY's) get too jazzed about our upcoming recruiting classes being more impressive than anyone else's.

Come next year ND will have as much talent as anyone. Four or five teams will assume that they are better equipt to win it all than we are, and we will get great satisfaction out of beating a few of them.

But that's next year, six games from now.

Well said.

I'll add that part of what I meant by my post is that ND is set for guards going forward. If Muffet is grinding her teeth, it is over Lauren Cox moreso than Dangerfield, even though Crystal may well be the better player. ND's recruiting concerns seem to be the same as UConn's at present - posts.

Given the quality of perimeter players each has recruited (ND - Mabrey, ArikeO, Patberg, Young, Boley; UConn - KLS, Collier, Danger, Bent, Gordon), a quality post or two for each team should solidify them among the elite teams for the next 4-5 years.

Anyway, not trying to sidetrack the Crystal celebration with this future talk! I look forward to watching Dangerfield in person in just 3 short weeks at the McDonald's game here in Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom